Simple Ideas

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I thought you could already tell where a painting led? Or has it really been that long since I used one?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • @Drocilla rasises good points, but the Fates and the Adventurers weave different things in my opinion.
    </RANT>
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Drocilla said:
    What about adventure and venturing into the unknown? What about tricksters who would replace an ordinary painting with an enchanted one, or replace it with an identical one leading right into the heart of darkness? Think about the comical accidental deaths and despair!
    We wouldn't want the tourists popping in via painting, anyway.
  • Xenthos said:
    Drocilla said:
    What about adventure and venturing into the unknown? What about tricksters who would replace an ordinary painting with an enchanted one, or replace it with an identical one leading right into the heart of darkness? Think about the comical accidental deaths and despair!
    We wouldn't want the tourists popping in via painting, anyway.
    Stop. Think. Don't let their actions change your laws...if you do, then the tourists win!
  • Tweets
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Shuyin said:
    NO TALKING ONLY PRAISE FOR LUSTERNIA ALLOWED.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Could we please have diplomacy comments fixed so they follow some sort of rule? Currently, the first comment isn't dated, but every comment following that is, making it rather unwieldy to use. Would probably be better if all comments have a date.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    And please let the Ambassador at least see some of this information even if he can't bestow and resolve statuses himself?  [-O<
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Idea from the newbie channel: Put ~3 extra languages in Environment. These are in addition to the ones from bookbinding and stack.
  • Wouldn't these be better in Discipline or Discernment..? Or Influence. Or Dramatics...actually, a lot of skillsets would be able to have an extra language...
    I was totally joking when I suggested an addition to Environment, it's chock full of mostly useless stuff. 

I'd like to see a way to expend lessons and time on learning a new language, involving reading books written in that language and trying to speak it to build proficiency. Nothing in the artifact/moneygrab range, just a cool mechanic to pick up a small smattering of non-racially-known languages. 

Perhaps even the ability to get a group together and start a new language? That'd be super cool.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Before you go about making new languages, I'd like audible clicking noises from the mandibles of Kephera. I:
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Try the click emote.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Heh, make it an org-only thing, where an org can pony up to create their own language, and you need to actually learn it by hearing other members of the org speak it enough.
  • Allow appraisement and parley to be used if you are an enemy of some place and have temp amensty.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I have no plan for any RP powers, purely because I have other things to spend the weight on.  This, obviously, makes me a sad panda.

This just occurred to me.  Perhaps, for 10X (just throwing a random number out there) the cost, one can purchase demi powers for no/half weight.  No/half determined by if it's a mechanical ability/skill (+ stats, second trade, etc) or a RP power (typeset, custom/choice X, whatever).  If you wants it at a lower cost, it's more work.
  • haha, secondtrade would be 750million essence at 10x. Now that would be amusing to see someone get.

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Alternatively, only have the custom RP demi powers cost things. ChoiceZap free, CustomZap weight.
  • Lerad said:
    haha, secondtrade would be 750million essence at 10x. Now that would be amusing to see someone get.
    and it'd never happen cause of capped essence these days.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Like with most things, no one wants to choose between rp and mechanical benefits, ideally everyone should be able to have both! It shouldn't just be rp flavour people and pk ready people. Things like choice enter/exit/look and typecasting add nothing but some flavour. Choosing between those and say, stat points is really not a choice, if you want to be as effective as possible at anything other than roleplay.

+a billion to take the weighting off demigod flavour powers.

• Arimisia said:
    Lerad said:
    haha, secondtrade would be 750million essence at 10x. Now that would be amusing to see someone get.
    It is a soft cap (or some I'm told). It could happen, it would just take you a lifetime to get that much once you hit diminishing returns.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Tarkenton said:

Perhaps, for 10X (just throwing a random number out there)

Emphasis on random number. Make it 2x, 100x, whatever. For the rp powers, I don't think 10x represents a too horrendous number given the demi trains.
  • Ayisdra said:
    Arimisia said:
    Lerad said:
    It is a soft cap (or some I'm told). It could happen, it would just take you a lifetime to get that much once you hit diminishing returns.
    Well, if by soft cap you mean that once you hit 175m you only get one essence per kill, no matter what you kill...