Simple Ideas

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Aerotan said:
    But then Mag will have an obesity crisis
    Unlikely. Lichdom is the best way to slim down and become a size 0. The dead flesh just slides off your body. Moving five rooms takes so much energy and calories for Vent he needs to consume five cheesecakes a second, and he's still a skinny bastard (Although that's because his implants drain his energy and calories).

I can't find the artefact idea thread, so here's an idea for artefacts.

Zingavium tongue - Allows the understand and ability to speak every language except Divine. Cannot read, however.
    Zingavium eyes - Allows to read in every language.

And then, as minor artefacts, I'm talking 10 credits per, different race tongues which allow you to speak the language and understand it fluently.

Dracnari - Red tongue
    Viscanti - Purple tongue
    Merian - blue tongue
    Trill - Yellow tongue
    Lucidian - Green tongue.

And so on. Would work nicely with people wearing race hats.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Ventidius said:

Dracnari - Red tongue
    Viscanti - Purple tongue
    Merian - blue tongue
    Trill - Yellow tongue
    Lucidian - Green tongue.

...as long as they're not worn.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    You'd have to wield them.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    In all seriousness though, zingavium tongue sounds like something I would definitely buy, as a changeling. As long as it's not...you know. Like 500cr.

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Ventidius said:
    Aerotan said:
    But then Mag will have an obesity crisis
    Unlikely. Lichdom is the best way to slim down and become a size 0. The dead flesh just slides off your body. Moving five rooms takes so much energy and calories for Vent he needs to consume five cheesecakes a second, and he's still a skinny bastard (Although that's because his implants drain his energy and calories).

Zingavium tongue - Allows the understand and ability to speak every language except Divine. Cannot read, however.
    Zingavium eyes - Allows to read in every language.

And then, as minor artefacts, I'm talking 10 credits per, different race tongues which allow you to speak the language and understand it fluently.

Dracnari - Red tongue
    Viscanti - Purple tongue
    Merian - blue tongue
    Trill - Yellow tongue
    Lucidian - Green tongue.

And then just delete bookbinders pretty much? I'd much rather see language mechanics altered to the point where one can study languages from other players, first with said players teaching a bit, then with listening to figure out the subtlety. Also... accents, as in... you have an accent based on where you were born, selected at creation, and each organization would have its own accent too, which you can learn just by listening, provided you already are fluent in the language that is being spoken. So say you started off with a Glomdoring accent, but then decided to move to Serenwilde... Seren will not be terribly excited with you as it will take you some time to assimilate and learn their specific speech patterns. Effectively, this is just another toy for the RP-ers to play with, but I feel it could be quite the exciting toy.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    edited January 2015
    We RPers don't get toys :( . It's all about the combat benefit.

EDIT: I know this isn't actually true. But it feels like it a lot.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Gotta have bookbinders for, you know, making books.  Origami, and the like.  That is the portion of your post I disagree with.

That being said I have enough lessons dumped into bookbinding for a few languages, and once I did that I immediately flexed out of bookbinding and have no intent of actually using the tradeskill because origami and the like are exceptionally cheap and not worth the effort to make myself.  I would dump the rest of the skillset and recover those minimal lessons in a heartbeat, however, if your language learning system was implemented.  So yay for that idea.
    Yeah, all trades took a major blow when comms were simply handed to people. But, gotta keep the shinies coming, right?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Ventidius said:
    It's an announce, should be at the top of the Ideas group.
  • Qistrel said:
    Let us trade goop for credits!
    Goop for crystals.

• Lorina said:
    Could we have something like... When we touch our city/commune's nexus, we receive not only the overall power, but the power we have contributed that weave? Maybe even the last 6 weaves?

I think it might be good for folks to know how much they have added that weave so they can stay on top of power themselves instead of pestering power aides who may not always respond.
    That idea is so awesome I'm going to reply like this instead of just pressing "agree".
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Allow the conversion of censers with aethergoop!

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Ssaliss said:

Lorina said:
    Could we have something like... When we touch our city/commune's nexus, we receive not only the overall power, but the power we have contributed that weave? Maybe even the last 6 weaves?

I think it might be good for folks to know how much they have added that weave so they can stay on top of power themselves instead of pestering power aides who may not always respond.
    That idea is so awesome I'm going to reply like this instead of just pressing "agree".
    Ditto, pls make thing. Then I won't have to try to look important and ask for power aide with every new Minister, being one of those (many) people who only wants it for checking their own numbers.

-

• Can we WEAVE CHANGESELF into otherwise inaccessible races? (Sileni, living armour, etc...) I know it'll be ovbious you're not that race, but it's a bloody illusion to begin with.
    Can we please get some level of control over robe enchanting stats? I mean seriously, this is starting to get ridiculous with the latest results I've seen being something like 40/65

Or at least give a maximum difference on the two stats, like... cutting can't be above blunt by more than 10 or something.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • We theoretically want these generally balanced, right, so if we get a couple of nice juicy bumps to cutting we'd be okay with the next one or two small ones to go to blunt until it catches up, si? 

If so, would it be possible to set it up so that the point goes to whichever is lower at the time the tic procs, then if they're even it functions as it currently does.
    You can control what stats you have on robes

if you don't like them, make another pair and enchant them again!

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:
    You can control what stats you have on robes

if you don't like them, make another pair and enchant them again!
    Having gone through 30+ sets of splendors to get my current ones (And not too happy with them either, will probably be doing more at some point in the future) yes, I know how that works. For a level 15-20 newbie, though, that option is hardly available without some sponsorship from older players.

• Not always the best reasoning. I know several designs have limited-availability resources, ESPECIALLY in Splendours. This makes me hesitant to tell someone 'oh, if you don't like it just SHEAR it up and reuse the materials' since (for instance and from an actual design I know of) while that'll return about half of the leather and maybe some of the tint, that won't return the 10 crow feathers, the bear, or the deer.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Who puts a full bear in a design?
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    You can get multiples feathers, or bears or deer.....

Forgot my /sarcasm tags apparently

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Neos said:
    Hey, my corset requires a mammoth. (Mostly because it uses some ivory, but considering you can't use 1/10 of a mammoth in your design...)

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I just had to fetch 5 mammoths and a wolverine for Barrin to make my coat, and then he went afk and the mammoths decayed. ;_;
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Elanorwen said:
    Neos said:
    Hey, my corset requires a mammoth. (Mostly because it uses some ivory, but considering you can't use 1/10 of a mammoth in your design...)
    My first thought was something like, "What kind of woman would need a mammoth to make her cor-... oh... oh my..."

• edited January 2015
    Neos said:
    I'm sorry, next time I'll ask him politely for just his paw. And then ask the Charites for a bearpaw commodity. And wait for IG decades for them to tell me to just use the whole bear.
    (kidding, ilu)
    noobs, took me 3 times to get awesome robes

78/64 woot woot

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:
    noobs, took me 3 times to get awesome robes

78/64 woot woot
    Eh... my previous set was 73/72

too tight, blunt doesn't matter as much

my last robes were 78/54 and Rivius/Mnemosyne brainbashed me, so had to fix that.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.