Simple Ideas

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Saran said:

I kinda wish that artisans could make like... implements for like... druids, mages, wiccans, and guardians. 

I know that item customisation is a thing (I've done it) but I'd also kinda like it if you could just mundanely customise your implement.

Perhaps the skills themselves would be region locked so that only Hallifaxians could make like... rayguns or Aeromancer implements.

Then once the player gets their hand on a crafted implement, the ability that normally summons their implement could also have an option like instrumentbond in music that imbues the implement with the power necessary to actually function.

EDIT: I suppose customisation in turn would become about creating overtly magical implements, such as Saran's staff that is constantly growing moonhart leaves and the like.
    Because every guild would like to share the secrets of their techniques for creating weapons with anyone that so happens to pick up a specific trade skill.... not.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • As to the idea of Spelltags/spellstones/etc. that are basically Kegs for enchantments, while it is a nice idea in itself, it doesnt solve the issue with the current economy. The point still stands that comms are just too easy to come by these days, thus making a spellstone that uses 50% of a powerstone isnt exactly all that terrorizing since powerstones are going for 200 gold or less (A price that would have turned peoples' hair white only a year ago).

Rub those genies, harvest those aether mines, gather your free commodities, cause god knows we dont need to purchase them.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    See, you say comms being cheap is a bad thing.  I disagree.  The fact that it won't cost a newbie warrior two arms and 1&2/3 of their legs to get outfitted in plate with a masterweapon is a good thing, in my book.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Arcanis said:

Saran said:

EDIT:

Omg, the Hartstone could have hunting bows...

We members of Lusternia that have entered the Portal of Fates do not believe in bows or any form of projectile (physical) weaponry. We leave that to the peasant such as the centaurs.

Except for our shotgun cudgels :P I so want someone to play a gun moll-type character who cackles while spraying everyone with their staff/cudgel.
    Enyalida said:

Arcanis said:

Saran said:

EDIT:

Omg, the Hartstone could have hunting bows...

We members of Lusternia that have entered the Portal of Fates do not believe in bows or any form of projectile (physical) weaponry. We leave that to the peasant such as the centaurs.

Except for our shotgun cudgels :P I so want someone to play a gun moll-type character who cackles while spraying everyone with their staff/cudgel.
    Kinky.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Someone give Abeytu a shotgun cudgel.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Qistrel said:

Someone give Abeytu a shotgun cudgel.

"Get out of my greenhouse!"
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Shot in the dark here... Make skill flexing cost gold instead of lessons? Maybe have the Hall of Records sell skillflex permits? All other restrictions would be unchanged.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • While I'd love that change, it'll never happen because of the cord.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I would be very unhappy if all my 1000credit cord was doing was saving me some gold :/

• A mortor-board is not necessarily incompatible with gold-costs for lessons, but one should consider the impact.
    </RANT>
  • edited February 2015
    Elanorwen said:

Saran said:

I kinda wish that artisans could make like... implements for like... druids, mages, wiccans, and guardians. 

I know that item customisation is a thing (I've done it) but I'd also kinda like it if you could just mundanely customise your implement.

Perhaps the skills themselves would be region locked so that only Hallifaxians could make like... rayguns or Aeromancer implements.

Then once the player gets their hand on a crafted implement, the ability that normally summons their implement could also have an option like instrumentbond in music that imbues the implement with the power necessary to actually function.

EDIT: I suppose customisation in turn would become about creating overtly magical implements, such as Saran's staff that is constantly growing moonhart leaves and the like.
    Because every guild would like to share the secrets of their techniques for creating weapons with anyone that so happens to pick up a specific trade skill.... not.
    The purpose of the skill to attune to an implement is what takes... say a mundane staff and makes it a weapon, it imbues it with the magic of the relevant entities otherwise it's just a nice ornament. 

As demonstrated by a few abilities out there you can also optionally make such things available only to those who met certain requirements. You could restrict this heavily and make it so that only artisans from the relevant guild can make the implements, but I thought restricting it down to the org was a nice balance between preventing Gaudiguch Artisans from crafting Druidic Implements while also allowing artisans to craft a few of them for their org. (And not locking out the monks/bards/warriors).
    Synkarin said:

No thank you to having different lines for attacks.

To clarify these would set, not an option on the design itself and would only modify the damage attack lines to provide a wider potential array of implements. All Hartstone would fire arrows in the exact same manner with their bows and they should be written to reflect the same thing happening. 

I'm curious as to the issue with this though?

Aetolia appears to also be offering the option for people to attack slightly differently. Like the Cabalists now have thirteen different ways to use their bashing attack that are also specific to them, while  the Indorani appear to have their own set. And this came to mind when thinking of the possible implements that a Hartstone might wield.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    The issue is probably that it would be more work for coders (I'm guessing?).
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited February 2015
    Add an "aff message" for basic attacks then? If every basic attack has a set of different attack messages, but are all followed by something like "Saran basicattacks Synkarin" you can still trigger for standard attacks, while still maintaining variety.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Not with illusions, different lines means more lines to parse through in systems. Damage attacks are good checks for things like recklessness and sensitivity.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I don't think basic attacks are ever going to reach a point where coders need to hard code them in for combat. They don't afflict in and of themselves, aside from minor bleeding for cudgels.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    This isn't a Simple Idea.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I would really love it if we could change the origami from a set of shapes down to a single design pattern based on the main noun of origami.

Somewhere, I believe the Charites said it would be too much work converting the existing designs...but, and this is probably a crazy idea, would it be that much trouble to just delete all the existing patterns and have people resubmit designs under the new pattern?
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Ayisdra said:

I would really love it if we could change the origami from a set of shapes down to a single design pattern based on the main noun of origami.

Somewhere, I believe the Charites said it would be too much work converting the existing designs...but, and this is probably a crazy idea, would it be that much trouble to just delete all the existing patterns and have people resubmit designs under the new pattern?

Neeeeeeeverrrrrr going to haaaaappennnn we've triiiiiieeeeed.

/so much depression
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:

Ayisdra said:

I would really love it if we could change the origami from a set of shapes down to a single design pattern based on the main noun of origami.

Neeeeeeeverrrrrr going to haaaaappennnn we've triiiiiieeeeed.

/so much depression
    Saddening. Sure, it would annoy some people having to resubmit designs, but deleting and 'starting over' would give the chance for prettier things.
    Ayisdra said:

I never understood why they couldn't just add plain "origami" as an option. Doesn't seem like anything else would need to be changed, people just wouldn't use the other arbitrary patterns anymore. Shrug.
    I used to make cakes.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    That would be cool for a flavor Druid/Ecologist skill, wherein you mystically impart the domesticated animal with wild instincts, allowing it to survive in the wild.
    Viynain said:

General access to all ABs would make my OCD collecting so much easier. Plz 2 add this functionality for skills and information transparency.

Be nice if the AB list showed how far along the skillset one needs to be to learn a specific skill, too... be it in lessons or % of the skill rank.

Can the DOFF emote not target race hats please? Or can someone help me figure out how to get it to target either my greatrobes hat or circlet first?

I played with it yesterday, and it didn't seem to matter what order I put them on, whether the racehat was under my circlet and hat or on top or in the middle, it was always targetted first. Given I want to completely irrevocably ignore its existance entirely in game (Because the only reason I ever change races in the first place is because viscanti suck), I don't want to be waving the hat at everyone all the time! Heeeeeeelp meeeeeee.

edited February 2015
    Lavinya said:

Can the DOFF emote not target race hats please? Or can someone help me figure out how to get it to target either my greatrobes hat or circlet first?

I played with it yesterday, and it didn't seem to matter what order I put them on, whether the racehat was under my circlet and hat or on top or in the middle, it was always targetted first. Given I want to completely irrevocably ignore its existance entirely in game (Because the only reason I ever change races in the first place is because viscanti suck), I don't want to be waving the hat at everyone all the time! Heeeeeeelp meeeeeee.

It's something to do with how items are arranged in your inventory. Try putting the racial hat in a container and taking it out. See if it changes anything.

EDIT: To explain. An item that arrives in your inventory arrives at the end of the list. As such putting it in a container and taking it out should move your racial hat to the end of the list, thus be the last item to be targeted.

edited February 2015
    Make an alias "doff" and have it substitute "emote doffs her circlet charmingly" or whatever.
    I used to make cakes.

Elanorwen said:

Lavinya said:

It's something to do with how items are arranged in your inventory. Try putting the racial hat in a container and taking it out. See if it changes anything.

EDIT: To explain. An item that arrives in your inventory arrives at the end of the list. As such putting it in a container and taking it out should move your racial hat to the end of the list, thus be the last item to be targeted.
    MY HERO! I couldn't work it out for the life of me, but that worked. Thanks a bunch!

• Just wanted to add some thoughts to improving an artefact. Specifically, the gnomish stenographer @Estarra. I didn't see a more appropriate thread than this one.

-Make it able to understand all languages, not just common (Although as it already has an error message ([Ventidius]: [[NONSUPPORTED LANGUAGE UTLIZED]]) so I guess it's meant to be like that if it's not a bug)
    -Allow it to to record clan, city, guild and order ethers for conversations which happen mentally.
    -Make it so only the owner can say STRIKE IT FROM THE RECORD to remove a line of text as it can be abused or annoying.
    -Allow letters to be overwritten by the device to help recycle them.

Apart from that, great artefact I love it.