Simple Ideas

Comments

• 2 things:

- Could we have a small note added when PROBEing clothing that tells us where we can wear it? Sometimes I wonder if I can swap wearing a coat for something else in its place for example, or a cloak with a tunic. An idea could be: Shirt: Torso. Coat: Torso-covering. Cloak: Body. Or some such.

- When we probe runes in the artifact shop, could we have a small note that tells us what this rune can be attached to? For example. Speed runes May be attached to: forged weaponry. Weather runes: May be attached to: tailored clothing.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Reeeaaalllllyyy want a way to acquire goop ingame or something.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Presents have a chance to give goop.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Kinda between a question and an idea.

Do/Could Wildewood and Wyrdenwood count for the "good breeding" tick for great houses for those aligned with Serenwilde and Glomdoring respectively? 
    Or
    Could these races generate honour on a tick of their own?
    Or
    Does the race underneath your wood form count for this tick?

It's not really a major thing, it's just... I'm currently a physical incarnation of the forest itself and that's tied to my skills so I can't chose to be the "right" race. I have zero issue if I change to faeling and that means that I'm not contributing but for some reason I just get a little annoyed when I can't make a choice about it myself.
  • Arcanis said:

- Could we have a small note added when PROBEing clothing that tells us where we can wear it? Sometimes I wonder if I can swap wearing a coat for something else in its place for example, or a cloak with a tunic. An idea could be: Shirt: Torso. Coat: Torso-covering. Cloak: Body. Or some such.

Yes, but in addition when you're trying to tattoo someone;
    You can not tattoo there, as <insert worn item> is covering up the bodypart that you wish to work on, and must be removed.

Completely separate idea:
    Could stratagems respect psionic balances?
    I'm not sure if it's been asked before, so just placing the question into the aether(internet)
    Is also the Shintar.
  • Doesn't psi balances and normal balances work completely independently of eachother? As in, you can use normal attacks while off psi-balance? If so, a blanket "stratagem doesn't fire when off psi-balance" might not be great in all circumstances. I could definitely see PSI being added as a modifier though (so, for instance, SM ADD PSI <psionic stuff> which only fires when you have psi balance and normal balance. Or, alternatively (and more messy) make a separate Psi-stratagem... but I'm sure that'd come with its own drawbacks (such as no automatic timing between normal attacks and psi attacks).
  • edited February 2015
    They're their own primary balance, like arm or leg balances. Generally things require you to be on all primary balances (legs, arms, psi, balance, equilibrium, whatever else I'm missing) even if they don't take it but there are some exceptions (dissolve only requires balance, and only takes balance).

So, short version: no you can't act while off psi balance.
  • Oh. Then yeah, I'm all for respecting psi balance.
    There's flags for each psi balance that you can use for stratagems.
    Shaddus said:

And the only way to currently get presents is that godawful Wheel. I want a more accessible way.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Neos said:

Shaddus said:

And the only way to currently get presents is that godawful Wheel. I want a more accessible way.
    Technically, you can buy single curio presents at 3 credits each and open them. Each one is a standard present (but doesn't add to your counter) and has a slight chance of giving goop
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Genie bottles also have a chance to generate a present every new month when you rub them.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Nooo....must...not...be tempted..by the genies...

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Tridemon said:

Genie bottles also have a chance to generate a present every new month when you rub them.

I haven't gotten a present in quite some time.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Synkarin said:

Tridemon said:

Genie bottles also have a chance to generate a present every new month when you rub them.

I haven't gotten a present in quite some time.
    None here either... probably ninja-nerfed.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I snagged one... A month ago? Something like that..
    I unfortunately don't have any completed genies, yet. So many partials though.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Ssaliss said:

Elanorwen said:

Back on track....

Make pending envoy reports viewable by everyone so envoys don't have to pastebin everything that another player might want to review/give input on. After all, the envoy is the voice of the guild, but doesn't also have to be the eyes and brain of the guild about absolutely everything either. There might be a problem with a report that someone else would notice, too.

Or if your guild has no active envoy :(
    Heeeeey. I'm working on that! :)

Also:

guild appoint siam archivist
    You cannot appoint yourself to a position.

8.5.7 POSITION OF GUILD ARCHIVIST

Guild Archivists are appointed by the Guild Administrator. Archivists are
    assistant librarians, acting under the purview of the Guild Administrator, to
    tend to the guild library and add to its volumes. In many guilds, archivists
    act as chroniclers and historians, preserving the day to day doings of the
    guild for posterity.

Refer to HELP PRIVATE LIBRARIES for more information.

Sadface.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Shaddus said:

Neos said:

Shaddus said:

Technically, you can buy single curio presents at 3 credits each and open them. Each one is a standard present (but doesn't add to your counter) and has a slight chance of giving goop
    And a large chance at giving ... rhymes with goop!
  • A scoop?
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Not so much a fresh idea, but a transplant of an idea that already exists elsewhere in IRE

LastHarvest - the ability to check who harvested a location last. I believe in Achaea, it is linked to druids... but here, it might be more prudent to be linked to the herbalism skill.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Wouldn't mind it at all, really.
  • Elanorwen said:

Not so much a fresh idea, but a transplant of an idea that already exists elsewhere in IRE

LastHarvest - the ability to check who harvested a location last. I believe in Achaea, it is linked to druids... but here, it might be more prudent to be linked to the herbalism skill.

This was of course brought up in open beta (I would suspect in closed as well) and pretty much every week for ages and we were told no. Seems like a good time to review the request.

If not something like that, how about:

NATURE CURSE (1 power): You have gained the ability to punish those who would stop you from your crusade to make all of creation leafy. For the remaining of the year all those who would abuse nature by ripping up its very last roots in this single location, will have their ability to harvest greatly hampered. This effect will show on survey.

AKA each abuse doubles balance for harvesting. Estarra this way those who want to overharvest still can and it is on players to protect areas.

Also, maybe we could up the power on nature guard to 3 and have it protect until the new year?
  • This is starting to move pretty far from a simple idea, heh.
  • Ssaliss said:

This is starting to move pretty far from a simple idea, heh.

This is a thread of 112 pages. If you mean anything on the harvesting suggestion none of them require scraping or adding entire systems. Penalties can be adjusted as needed (as if they wouldn't assign the ones they want). As to Elanorwen's the code may already exist in the base code and only need the skill activated.

Unless Estarra et al are going to reverse themselves it doesn't hurt to suggest other approaches. It if up to us to suggest ideas, it is up to the staff to decide if they want to and if they can pull any inspiration from the suggestions.
    Wtb way to add exits to orgbix room or something. Want a quicker way to get on my boat.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Neos said:

Why do I always read it as 'poop' and need to read a second time to get it right?
  • Neos said:

Why do I always read it as 'poop' and need to read a second time to get it right?
    I often type gloop and goop disapoints me.
  • Neos said:

Wtb way to add exits to orgbix room or something. Want a quicker way to get on my boat.

Like a torus? >-)
  • Could there be some general city/commune priv like...

commune power check
    Allows you to see how much power you've added and drawn from your nexus this weave.

Aides are pretty common but it would be nice to be able to just check on my own.