Simple Ideas

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Neos said:

Who puts a full bear in a design?

Probably the same person who makes a recipe calling for a baby dragon turtle to be cooked in soup in its own mother's shell.

(Just kidding, that wasn't me)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Neos said:
    Please remove poisons from Exceptional Presents and/or allow us to switch out liquids in the liquid rift please. I have so many useless poisons I'll never use in my rift from presents, yet the few poisons I want, I can't get into the rift without buying the expansion artifact, when it will become irrelevant after Overhaul is completed.
    RIFT DRAIN <x> TO NOTHING

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    But he might need those useless poisons someday!
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Elanorwen said:

Neos said:

Please remove poisons from Exceptional Presents and/or allow us to switch out liquids in the liquid rift please. I have so many useless poisons I'll never use in my rift from presents, yet the few poisons I want, I can't get into the rift without buying the expansion artifact, when it will become irrelevant after Overhaul is completed.

RIFT DRAIN <x> TO NOTHING

The issue at hand isn't that they're in my rift, it's that I can't get the one I want in there, and getting stupid poisons in presents, especially Exceptional presents.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    QUESTLOG

If an admin makes a serious fix to a quest, they can put it in questlog for players to rejoice over.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:

QUESTLOG

If an admin makes a serious fix to a quest, they can put it in questlog for players to rejoice over.

I'd rather see it in change log, but perhaps change log could be filtered? There's enough things to check on log in as it is.
  • Like we have OBSERVE MOUNTAINS in Mountaineering, I'd like to get OBSERVE DEPTHS in Diving to see all the levels of an ocean if it doesn't already exist.
  • edited January 2015
    Eritheyl said:

However, you could be inventive and design something like 'sari-style robes'.

Lendren has several designs like that, in fact, so if they reject, you can try to argue precedent.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Lendren said:

Eritheyl said:

Lendren has several designs like that, in fact, so if they reject, you can try to argue precedent.
    That's how I got my armour design through that included a chain-mail skirt. I was told you can't have chain mail in plate designs, until I submitted the id's of half a dozen plate mail designs that already did it.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Everiine said:

Lendren said:

Eritheyl said:

That's how I got my armour design through that included a chain-mail skirt. I was told you can't have chain mail in plate designs, until I submitted the id's of half a dozen plate mail designs that already did it.
    I pretty much had a set of plate designed that covers about 20% of the body back in the day. ;))

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Female armor for ya.
    Lendren said:

Eritheyl said:

That's generally a bad idea. The Charites hate being shown precedent.

That's not to say it won't work, but it's been ignored in the past :/
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Shaddus said:

Lendren said:

Eritheyl said:

That's generally a bad idea. The Charites hate being shown precedent.

That's not to say it won't work, but it's been ignored in the past :/
    Twice I had to present Them with precedent regarding a design I was trying, and both times...the response was 'Yes, We'll be removing those designs soon.'

/guilt
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Plus I may not be the best source of precedent, but, there you go.

Also might be harder without an active Maylea, as it was Her who brought saris to the game in the first place.
  • Elanorwen said:

Back on track....

Make pending envoy reports viewable by everyone so envoys don't have to pastebin everything that another player might want to review/give input on. After all, the envoy is the voice of the guild, but doesn't also have to be the eyes and brain of the guild about absolutely everything either. There might be a problem with a report that someone else would notice, too.

Or if your guild has no active envoy :(
  • I'll envoy for you!

Night - Scourge > Targeted blindness is so lamesauce. Instead, it should be an area of effect zombie summoner that marches to your Sunwell to claim its pow--

wait what?

• Elanorwen said:

Back on track....

Make pending envoy reports viewable by everyone so envoys don't have to pastebin everything that another player might want to review/give input on. After all, the envoy is the voice of the guild, but doesn't also have to be the eyes and brain of the guild about absolutely everything either. There might be a problem with a report that someone else would notice, too.

Everyone in your guild can see your pending envoy reports. E.g. Ayisdra or Irillia can read your reports. They're the ones that should be giving you some of your most prominent feedback anyway. But it is a quality of life thing for everyone else to see too.

Maligorn said:

Elanorwen said:

Back on track....

Everyone in your guild can see your pending envoy reports. E.g. Ayisdra or Irillia can read your reports. They're the ones that should be giving you some of your most prominent feedback anyway. But it is a quality of life thing for everyone else to see too.
    What I mean is when a combatant in the guild wants to read a report from another guild or when a combatant from another guild wants to read mine. I know everyone in my guild can read my reports. I've already gotten feedback from aeros about the one I made too.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Can TELLs and PRAYs start working for those in dreamform? I got stuck above the lighthouse the other day exploring, and had no way to leave the room. It was painful having to wait for all of my willpower to come back after I had to wait for it all to drain in the first place =/
    You didn't have enough skill to bodysnap?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Can we have an in-game general helpfile that states how many lessons it takes to reach each skill level? Ideally tutors should be able to give the number over a percentage, but having this information in game is better  than directing newbies to our horribly out of date website. (I know some collegiums have at least added it as a scroll, but it should be a general help file really.)

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The best thing to get that done would be to make said table yourself, TYPO it as missing, and provide a link to a pastebin with the table in it. 
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Please to remove gold from exceptional/superior, also herbs and poisons.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Could meditation allow for faster recovery from Astral insanity?
    Nothing dramatic, it's just...My goodness is it annoying and persistent. An active way to center your psyche and purge yourself of the reach of Kethuru would be lovely. Maybe give the artifacts that slow insanity gain also increase meditation cure rate of insanity? 

• DARKCHANT TRUTH of Magnagora will halve your insanity, come learn that the Megalith is still the Stone of Truth and that the Truth will set you free from Kethuru's touch.
  • Marcella said:

DARKCHANT TRUTH of Magnagora will halve your insanity, come learn that the Megalith is still the Stone of Truth and that the Truth will set you free from Kethuru's touch.

I see that forum RP you did there.