Simple Ideas

Comments

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Shouldn't Fire and Air be added in too?

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Qistrel said:
    As soon as they came out, we asked if we could have them added. We were told no. I assume it's so that we couldn't just hit all four elemental planes and be done with the quest.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Ssaliss said:

This is how it is today:

You sense that you have successfully planted seeds on these planes or bubbles:
    ---
    * Glomdoring Nexus World (Value 10) --- Not Visited
    * Ethereal Glomdoring (Value 20) --- Not Visited
    * Ethereal Faethorn (Value 10) --- Not Visited
    * Elemental Plane of Earth (Value 5) --- Not Visited
    * Elemental Plane of Water (Value 5) --- Not Visited
    * Cosmic Plane of Nil (Value 10) --- Not Visited
    * Cosmic Plane of Celestia (Value 10) --- Not Visited
    * The Astral Plane (Value 10) --- Not Visited
    * Crumkindivia Bubble (Value 20) --- Not Visited
    * Night Bubble (Value 20) --- Not Visited
    * Moon Bubble (Value 20) --- Not Visited

Well, now. That explains my utter confusion the last few times I've gone to give the planar tour. I've always taken people to the Nexus, Etherglom, Faethorn, Night, Earth, Water and Astral... and lately that just hasn't been working.

When was this changed? And... can it be changed back to the way it was? 

It's not that easy for people (and I mean teachers) to get to Moon/Crumkindivia. We have travelships, sure, but not everyone can fuse flashpoints. Nil/Celestia should be options, not necessities.
  • Everiine said:
    Qistrel said:
    As soon as they came out, we asked if we could have them added. We were told no. I assume it's so that we couldn't just hit all four elemental planes and be done with the quest.

All that would need doing is to drop them from 10 points to 5.

• Svorai said:
    Ssaliss said:

This is how it is today:

You sense that you have successfully planted seeds on these planes or bubbles:
    ---
    * Glomdoring Nexus World (Value 10) --- Not Visited
    * Ethereal Glomdoring (Value 20) --- Not Visited
    * Ethereal Faethorn (Value 10) --- Not Visited
    * Elemental Plane of Earth (Value 5) --- Not Visited
    * Elemental Plane of Water (Value 5) --- Not Visited
    * Cosmic Plane of Nil (Value 10) --- Not Visited
    * Cosmic Plane of Celestia (Value 10) --- Not Visited
    * The Astral Plane (Value 10) --- Not Visited
    * Crumkindivia Bubble (Value 20) --- Not Visited
    * Night Bubble (Value 20) --- Not Visited
    * Moon Bubble (Value 20) --- Not Visited

Well, now. That explains my utter confusion the last few times I've gone to give the planar tour. I've always taken people to the Nexus, Etherglom, Faethorn, Night, Earth, Water and Astral... and lately that just hasn't been working.

When was this changed? And... can it be changed back to the way it was? 

It's not that easy for people (and I mean teachers) to get to Moon/Crumkindivia. We have travelships, sure, but not everyone can fuse flashpoints. Nil/Celestia should be options, not necessities.
    Fortunately we have access to Crum through Politics(tm), since one of Celests constructs is there. So in a pinch, one of them can get you there. But yeah, it's not exactly easy to do the quest nowadays.
  • For demigod powers, could we get an extra line in POWERS STATUS that adds the essence value of all the powers bought? Something like:

powers status
    ******************************[ Current Powers ]*******************************
    Name                         Type               Weight             
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Expand                       Supernumerary      3
    ChoiceLookMessage            Supernumerary      2
    ChoiceZap                    Ephemeral          0
    *******************************************************************************
    You are using 5 weight points.
    You have a maximum of 50 weight points for supernumerary powers available.
    You have spent a total of 1.8 million essence on powers.

• Can families have their private library weight give a set of family honor? More honor for houses of letters or scholars, less for blood?
  • Ssaliss said:
    So... wait... Glom was the only ones hit by the change a couple of months back that caused this problem for us?

EDIT: Because we used to be in the same situation as Seren (although perhaps a little worse off, as we also had to choose between a cosmic plane and Astral).
    I've made a few alts in my day(see, hundreds) and seren is by far the easiest, while glom is definitely the most difficult.
    It should definitely be changed. Orrr.. that's just my opinion.
  • Can magictomes have all nouns stripped from them other than 'magictome', please? Currently they're targettable as "tome", "healing", "protection", "curses", "disruption" and "book" as well, making them super annoying for bookbinders to have in their inventory.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Wow.  But you can't do READ DISRUPTION TO PERSON, you have to do READ TOME DISRUPTION TO PERSON.

It seems completely backwards. :D
  • The emote "sizzlin" should actually include smoke if the target is dracnari.

• Lerad said:
    For demigod powers, could we get an extra line in POWERS STATUS that adds the essence value of all the powers bought? Something like:

powers status
    ******************************[ Current Powers ]*******************************
    Name                         Type               Weight             
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Expand                       Supernumerary      3
    ChoiceLookMessage            Supernumerary      2
    ChoiceZap                    Ephemeral          0
    *******************************************************************************
    You are using 5 weight points.
    You have a maximum of 50 weight points for supernumerary powers available.
    You have spent a total of 1.8 million essence on powers.

No. Please, god. No. I don't want to know how much I've spent. It's...been too much.
    edited December 2012
    Uh, you think you have spent too much..?

I don't think you have yet plumbed the terrifying depths of essence expenditures.
  • Not yet, and I know it's going to get worse in time. I'm kinda scared and excited both for that.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Allow cities/guilds/families/organizations to deed out artifacts. Maybe at a % more increase?

I'm sure xyz would love to have abc back.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    edited December 2012
    Silvanus said:
    Allow cities/guilds/families/organizations to deed out artifacts. Maybe at a % more increase?

It sounds good in theory, but really no. Artifacts should belong to people not be sharable between an entire org.

Edit: Or did you mean something else by your idea?

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    In regards to the Brooch of the Tempest, I was wondering if we could make it also allow you to fly at high windspeeds if it doesn't already.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    There are a limited few artifacts it would be great for organizations to have, though they should never be able to 'deed' them out. They'd have to reset back to that organization, probably to some special or locked room. 

For instance, the melding guilds could have an appropriate censer in their hall somewhere, or monk guilds could have an appropriate anchored (unmoving) undervault contrivance.
    edited December 2012
    Rivius said:
    In regards to the Brooch of the Tempest, I was wondering if we could make it also allow you to fly at high windspeeds if it doesn't already.
    This is something I've wanted for a very, very long time; being able to fly at high wind speeds isn't really game-breaking, and having a way to "fight through" them to attain the skies would be pretty great.

Edit: Without a completely new artifact, that is.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I was wondering if we could have unworn enchantments that don't need to be worn (like surfboards, curios and whatever else) to have their own category on magiclist other than 'unworn'. Would make certain system things I'm attempting a little cleaner.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Turnus said:
    Silvanus said:

It sounds good in theory, but really no. Artifacts should belong to people not be sharable between an entire org.

Edit: Or did you mean something else by your idea?

Enyalida said:
    There are a limited few artifacts it would be great for organizations to have, though they should never be able to 'deed' them out. They'd have to reset back to that organization, probably to some special or locked room. 

For instance, the melding guilds could have an appropriate censer in their hall somewhere, or monk guilds could have an appropriate anchored (unmoving) undervault contrivance.
    Honestly the only two I could justify allowing a city to deed out were an Aether Whistle to go along with the Aethership, and a Manna of the Gods for a Vernal. A druid/mage guild with a censer would be good or a guardian guild with a dominion rune is also a good one. Perhaps make the city/guild/organization pay more for a customized artifact that is very specific to their organizations background, not just any old vanilla artifact.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    How would you loan out a Manna?  It's a consumable.
  • Add a demigod power or effect to being a demigod that causes guards spawned by mobs to attack them.  Alternatively make guards attack the leader etc. I can take a small group bashing but one person hit and guards auto gank them.  Need a way for specifically guards to be mitigated.
  • Malarious said:
    Add a demigod power or effect to being a demigod that causes guards spawned by mobs to attack them.  Alternatively make guards attack the leader etc. I can take a small group bashing but one person hit and guards auto gank them.  Need a way for specifically guards to be mitigated.
    Does StandardBearer not already do this?

• StandardBearer is warrior-only, though. Mal's looking for a Demigod equivalent.
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • "War's Presence" or something like that.
  • or simply "Leader"
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Bright Shard

• When charity influencing, can we see the exact amount of sovereigns we're given, instead of the generic "small quantity" or "king's ransom" etc.?