Simple Ideas

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Bryna said:
    Isn't there a rift in the Crystal Meadows that leads to the interior of Zoaka?

Yep.  The only issue is that the people who know about it are also more disposed to being untroubled by the lava flow (given that they either know they have that as an option or that they know how to open it).

The people with issues will be those less knowledgeable about Lusternia.
    edited November 2012
    So, how difficult would it be to get totals for how the Wheel competition is shaping up?

<_<

I just want to sleep...
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Idea!

If we've been holding onto the same shard for at least an hour and haven't been able to complete it (hint hint, my shard seems to be completely broken at the moment), let us destroy it/shove it back in the Wheel somehow and get another. The end result would equal out to us not taking the first shard in the first place, which offers no benefit aside from not being stuck with a possibly-impossible shard until someone comes around to look at it.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Eritheyl said:
    Idea!

If we've been holding onto the same shard for at least an hour and haven't been able to complete it (hint hint, my shard seems to be completely broken at the moment), let us destroy it/shove it back in the Wheel somehow and get another. The end result would equal out to us not taking the first shard in the first place, which offers no benefit aside from not being stuck with a possibly-impossible shard until someone comes around to look at it.
    Give me 3 minutes to finish killing these things, then poke me, I'll help you find it.
  • shards seem to decay after a while actually
    edited November 2012
    A while, baaah. If this one wasn't being impossible, I could've had a total of three (maybe even four?) done already in the span of time I've been waiting. Not sure I'm fond of accidentally being punished because of a bug - anything longer than an hour seems like punishment to me. I know it's nobody's fault (and use of the word 'punishment' is putting me on shaky ground to begin with), but maaan is it frustrating :(

I can't deal with this quote crap breaking on me now too.

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    My next suggestion would be shoving it in the Nexus and waiting for the next reset tick.

It's not like you can solve it anyways.
    ...I would love to be able to quickly make up for the shards I was forced to miss out on, or at least get a curio piece in consolation.

>_>

-

Probably won't happen, but at least you can move forward again.
  • edited November 2012
    Eritheyl said:
    A while, baaah. If this one wasn't being impossible, I could've had a total of three (maybe even four?) done already in the span of time I've been waiting. Not sure I'm fond of accidentally being punished because of a bug - anything longer than an hour seems like punishment to me. I know it's nobody's fault (and use of the word 'punishment' is putting me on shaky ground to begin with), but maaan is it frustrating :(

I can't deal with this quote crap breaking on me now too.

Poor baby. :( So it was. *console*
  • edited November 2012
    PROVE <skill/item/etc> TO <player>

A command for RP purposes that sends an OOC message to another player confirming that you possess an item/skill/etc that you're using in an RP interaction.

I know it sounds silly since there isn't really any 'mechanical' purpose to it, however for people that want to be able to better integrate their skills and such into RP encounters and be able to demonstrate that they either do or don't actually have said ability to the person they're RPing with, it adds another layer of concrete feeling to RP, I guess.

That would ruin immersion, for me. :|
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    As an alternative, a skill in discernment that allows you to get a 'higher/lower/same' assessment of someone else's info? That way, you can concretely tell if someone is faster or stronger than you without numbers or racial guesswork.
    Something that you can initiate yourself is far preferable to me than someone else being able to mechanically throw an "ooc message" at you saying "I have such and such a skill!"
  • There is, but apparently people don't know about it?
    Are you referring to staredown?  All that does is compare level.
  • Oh, man. There's a whole new page. I was replying to Bryna's question about the Zoaka rift.
  • Raahl said:

A command for RP purposes that sends an OOC message to another player confirming that you possess an item/skill/etc that you're using in an RP interaction.

I know it sounds silly since there isn't really any 'mechanical' purpose to it, however for people that want to be able to better integrate their skills and such into RP encounters and be able to demonstrate that they either do or don't actually have said ability to the person they're RPing with, it adds another layer of concrete feeling to RP, I guess.

I'd rather just have emotes for things you can't just show off yourself. Though that would depend on whether or not you're meaning skill as in druidry or skill as in druidry - totem.
    edited November 2012
    Playing off the wonder that is the clockwork charge regulator, a new Tinkering toy that can be attached to timepieces and music boxes to double (or extend by some other degree) the time until they need to be rewound. Comm-wise a little more expensive than the regulator, and only one or the other can be attached to a particular item at one time.

I guess this should technically be in the Envoys thread, but I'm lazy and mostly seeking some yeas or nays.

-

• Saran said:
    Raahl said:

I'd rather just have emotes for things you can't just show off yourself. Though that would depend on whether or not you're meaning skill as in druidry or skill as in druidry - totem.
    I meant as in the skill to make totems in druidry. The point was to be able to verify when RPing somewhat 'competitively', if not via straight out mechanics, that you do in fact have the skill that would allow you to do something.
  • Raahl said:

Saran said:

Raahl said:

I meant as in the skill to make totems in druidry. The point was to be able to verify when RPing somewhat 'competitively', if not via straight out mechanics, that you do in fact have the skill that would allow you to do something.

Why not just use the skill...?
  • ... nevermind.
  • Raahl said:

... nevermind.

Heh. I can understand it to some extent, but if you need to OOCly prove to someone you have a bond with totems as a Hartstone, that's kind of weird to me. It's pretty base to their Roleplay.

If you need to prove you can gust while RPing competitively... Why not just gust?

Or you could just find something better to base an argument around!

-

• Perhaps make bards/scholars count towards earning Org ikons?  I know achievements are helping to get people doing these things again, but there can never be too much motivation to do them!
  • Also, Order Ikons!  I'm sure this has already been run through the thought process, but just saying interest is out there!  Maybe able to be given out by the God/Goddess, or by influencing things in their realms, offering corpses/esteem, etc.  Anything that would give essence to the divine could count.
  • BanjosforbardsBanjosforbardsBanjosforbards.

[-O<

Mandolins are close enough!

...though the mental image I just got of Bandrui flouncing out of the swamp, plucking at a banjo and summoning up some bucktoothed, ancestral mugwumpi spirits...oh god, what have you done.

-

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Aiyana said:
    BanjosforbardsBanjosforbardsBanjosforbards. [-O<
    I wish we had more instrument types, yes. 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• edited November 2012
    Sources for those obscure liquids you can only get from fountains. Finding out that's where they come from was depressing..
    IE, saltwater acquired by filling from the ocean, stagnant from swamps. Blood and shark blood from corpses, giving some small amount and flipping some internal "dessicated" flag. Being able to fill from the milk riftable to get the liquid version.. that kind of thing.

Edit:
    Oh, and more little things for racial immersion. Dracnari lighting pipes with their breath was a good start. Maybe custom messages for lucidian crafting vials, dwarves slamming back alchohol, and some emote differences for kephera royalty/illithoid reapers?