Simple Ideas

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Passive curing in general is going to be stronger with the new paradigm. Perhaps it might be worth making a third person message showing which cure balance the cured aff was on (though not the specific aff)?.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    We may be reducing the number of trash afflictions curable by passive cures, but we are also increasing the ability to give and stack powerful afflictions. It's impossible to gauge if passive curing will be "stronger," at this juncture. Certainly not at the point to start playing whack a mole with nerfs to skills that arent' directly related to overhaul changes. 
    Celina said:

What. No way. (For purely selfish reasons)

edited March 2015
    I don't oppose the idea as a general premise, even under the current system. It really has nothing to do with your commentary about the overhaul. I'm not even sure I support it, but my gut reaction is it's a reasonable enough idea to be vetted by the envoys! I do oppose whack a mole nerfs with the justification that your incomplete theory crafting of an incomplete system warrants it. 

Unless I get to start picking Hartstone skills and whacking them for the same reason. 

edit: tl;dr It was a 6 word attempt at humor. Not an actual statement regarding combat balance. 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    *sends Celina back to grade school for remedial math*
    FINE. 7. 
  • edited February 2019
    -
  • PROBE item <for thing>

probe pack kirigami

Should also return count.

• Could certain guilds be given the "marry" priv (like... as a rank privilege). Like... I feel like it would make sense for say, the Celestines, Nihilists, Moondancers, Shadowdancers, and maybe the druids. Not sure about Halli and Gaudi though, it seems too bureaucratic in Hallifax to fit with any of the guilds directly >_>
  • And clearly all Gaudis should get that priv, because everyone knows getting drunk means marrying off three different people in one night, right?

It makes most sense for org leaders to have the power, honestly.
  • I don't imagine it really hurts, It was more that it seemed like a nice fit for certain guilds where that's something they might actually do... cause well I imagine there were weddings before the elder gods returned >_>
  • Just a thought: Do we really need herbs, comms etc. to fall out of your inv when you die? I'm fine with them dropping on logout, since we want people to use the rift, but I can't really see the point of them dropping when you die, aside from the (to me) minor perk of being able to have them out before being afflicted, removing the need to outr them every time. That would only really affect aeon curing though that I can think of, and only if you happen to have an empty pipe at that point.
  • It would be a good thing for the Overhaul to balance Aeon around being able to eat/smoke straight from the rift.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Learn to pre outr
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Shave off the "guild" from all the guilds, so DOMOTH STATUS looks neater.

Everyone knows that these are guilds, there's no need for "the Illuminati Guild" or "the Paladins Guild" or whatever. I think it'd be more elegant, anyway.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited March 2015

Everyone knows that these are guilds, there's no need for "the Illuminati Guild" or "the Paladins Guild" or whatever. I think it'd be more elegant, anyway.
    Just shave off...like everything else, too. That'd be nice.

Go from:

Harmony    : Illidaen controls the Throne
                   Time Left : 44 days
                   Orb       : The Radiant Orb of Balance
                               Blessing : The Shadowdancers Guild
                   Sceptre   : The Golden Sceptre of Harmony
                               Blessing : The Merian Race

...to...

Harmony    : Illidaen (44 days remain)
                   Orb Blessing       : Shadowdancers
                   Sceptre Blessing   : Merian
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    But how will I know the names of the various domoth items?
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Neos said:

Go to the domoth, scrub.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Eritheyl said:

Neos said:

Go to the domoth, scrub.
    That's far too much work. I have things to do, like slowly dying, then not from being sick the past 5 days.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Eritheyl said:

Just shave off...like everything else, too. That'd be nice.

Go from:

Harmony    : Illidaen controls the Throne
                   Time Left : 44 days
                   Orb       : The Radiant Orb of Balance
                               Blessing : The Shadowdancers Guild
                   Sceptre   : The Golden Sceptre of Harmony
                               Blessing : The Merian Race

...to...

Orb Blessing       : Shadowdancers
                   Sceptre Blessing   : Merian

Why not just shave ``Blessing'' off too, since everyone knows a blessing is a blessing?
                   Orb      : Shadowdancers
                   Sceptre  : Merian

Neos said:

Yeah, maybe:
                   Radiant Orb of Balance
                       Shadowdancers
                   Golden Sceptre of Harmony
                       Merian

I don't know how much bandwidth we're saving by eliding ``the'', ``guild'', and ``race'', but what the heck?
    </RANT>
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Shave off domoths from the game entirely!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Get rid of libraries too.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:

As long as books stay nondecay so I can keep the entire Halls of the Void in my backpack.
  • Kalnid said:

Shaddus said:

As long as books stay nondecay so I can keep the entire Halls of the Void in my backpack.
    If the whole Mag library can fit in your backpack...Mag is not doing as well as I thought/been told
  • Ayisdra said:

Kalnid said:

Shaddus said:

If the whole Mag library can fit in your backpack...Mag is not doing as well as I thought/been told
    You can fit a mammoth corpse in a letter and send it through the post. Either Mag has some buff as hell bats or every container in the game uses planar pockets.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Kalnid said:

Ayisdra said:

Kalnid said:

Shaddus said:

You can fit a mammoth corpse in a letter and send it through the post. Either Mag has some buff as hell bats or every container in the game uses planar pockets.
    But backpacks can fit a maximum of 50 items. If we're talking about fitting the whole library in a backpack, that means less than 50 books. See the difference?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:

Kalnid said:

Ayisdra said:

Kalnid said:

Shaddus said:

But backpacks can fit a maximum of 50 items. If we're talking about fitting the whole library in a backpack, that means less than 50 books. See the difference?
    Quite so.  Fesix packs can hold 100 items.  We're going to need a bigger boatbackpack.
    </RANT>
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    But if you put the books in modular origami first. ..