Simple Ideas

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Elanorwen said:

Lerad said:

What Ssaliss means is that, if someone raids prime, I can just order all the guards at the nexus to follow me, and run as quickly as I can to them. Point webbing at target, and probably kill them. If there're more people, I could summon a bunch more, grab all the guards that are around, and head there etc.

I mean, I sure as hell don't mind getting the ability to shut down all possibility of prime raids. But somehow, I don't think it'll fly.
    You can't order guards from another guild, though... hence the whole thing about 40 guards of every type and current limitations. He's also making mentions of 'large raids' which really don't happen... or if they do, you will need said 40 guards to do something about them. Makes no difference to me either way... mage guards are summoned and locked in, there's no moving them after. More of an ease-of-life improvement for others.
    There's a difference between being able to summon 40 guards and run to a defender and order existing guards to follow to run to a defense + summon whatever more you need. 

If someone wants to summon 40+ guards to defend against me, more power to them, but it should cost them.

It's not hard to order guards to move around, so if it's not a raid type situation, I'm not sure what the 'ease' issue is. Order widowrider move se x20, then repeat until you have the guards where you want them.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Elanorwen said:

Lerad said:

What Ssaliss means is that, if someone raids prime, I can just order all the guards at the nexus to follow me, and run as quickly as I can to them. Point webbing at target, and probably kill them. If there're more people, I could summon a bunch more, grab all the guards that are around, and head there etc.

I mean, I sure as hell don't mind getting the ability to shut down all possibility of prime raids. But somehow, I don't think it'll fly.
    You can't order guards from another guild, though... hence the whole thing about 40 guards of every type and current limitations. He's also making mentions of 'large raids' which really don't happen... or if they do, you will need said 40 guards to do something about them. Makes no difference to me either way... mage guards are summoned and locked in, there's no moving them after. More of an ease-of-life improvement for others.
    I've moved mage guards around before. I killed either Scax or Sivas in Dairuchi with 9 elementals once, though after a time, they were chasing while I was flailing around.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Neos said:

Elanorwen said:

Lerad said:

I've moved mage guards around before. I killed either Scax or Sivas in Dairuchi with 9 elementals once, though after a time, they were chasing while I was flailing around.
    What? Mage guards aren't supposed to hit anything while not infused... or if hitting, to be so horribad at it that they don't make a difference, never mind squishy enough to where you look at them and they keel over. (Much like the elemental lords, heh) At least that's what I get from the help file. I'll have to kick an elem guard at some point in the near future to see how this works... but either way, my point was that mage guards are summoned and infused, not just left out there for anyone to pounce on should they feel like it. As far as I'm aware, you can't order them to 'defuse' after and then move them which is where ordering them to follow might be seen as a convenience.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I might still have the log, will need to dig for it.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited March 2015
    Just something I mused up, an additional utility to the GC artie.

GUILD RECOVER <target>.

If one of your own dies, whether by man or beast, you may RECOVER their corpse for revival. Does not work in (org) enemy territory. Only useable once a month (day?)

• okay seriously, when you trade a beast over to someone and get the damn line of "you hand the reins over" then could we actually hand the beast over and NOT make it keep following us?

I just realized the beast I gave away was still following me and the person I gave it to left the realms and now im freaking out if he starves to death...
    Arcanis said:

okay seriously, when you trade a beast over to someone and get the damn line of "you hand the reins over" then could we actually hand the beast over and NOT make it keep following us?

I just realized the beast I gave away was still following me and the person I gave it to left the realms and now im freaking out if he starves to death...

While I agree... unless it's level 1, you'll be fine. It'll die and lose a level, then get back to the stables and be okay to take out in an hour.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited March 2015
    EDIT: Didn't see the word 'artie', move along.

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It would be a feature of the Guild Champion artifact, as he mentioned...

It sounds more like a guild ledger feature, only allowed on novices, to me.
  • Elanorwen said:

Arcanis said:

okay seriously, when you trade a beast over to someone and get the damn line of "you hand the reins over" then could we actually hand the beast over and NOT make it keep following us?

While I agree... unless it's level 1, you'll be fine. It'll die and lose a level, then get back to the stables and be okay to take out in an hour.
    Not if I traded it to someone else. Not even sure he is still paid for in the stables.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Allow us to have custom guard mobs for our homesteads!
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Isn't that like....a manse dweller?

Arcanis said:

Elanorwen said:

Arcanis said:

Not if I traded it to someone else. Not even sure he is still paid for in the stables.
    Still fine unless level 1. When it dies, it goes to the last stable it was at. If fees aren't paid, it will lose another level at the turning of the month.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Qistrel said:

Isn't that like....a manse dweller?

Manse dwellers are expensive to make in bulk and can't kill anything.
  • Elanorwen said:

Arcanis said:

Elanorwen said:

Arcanis said:

Still fine unless level 1. When it dies, it goes to the last stable it was at. If fees aren't paid, it will lose another level at the turning of the month.
    Elanowen is correct AFAIK. When you trade an already stabled beast you switch owners and pretty much nothing else that I can think of. It retains its last stable and fees paid. What I don't remember is if the beast levels when following someone else. I know I've leveled other people's beasts but I don't remember if I always had them follow me (the people with the beasts) or trade them to me.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Lusternia needs a texting system to alert you when designs are approved or rejected. :bz
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Shaddus said:

Lusternia needs a texting system to alert you when designs are approved or rejected. :bz

Or at least let the phone app alert you when you get a message.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    The phone app does alert you when you get a message. At least, the one I'm using does.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    There's a phone app?
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Look for IRE Helper. Vadi made it and it's pretty awesome.

Screw that. I want an app that I can register characters on, and any time one of those characters has a design approved or rejected, it texts me.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    CONFIG DESIGNMESSAGES ON

Add all characters to Vadi's awesome app.

Get a message every time your design is approved or rejected on your phone. (It literally pops up like you just got a text)

• Lavinya said:

CONFIG DESIGNMESSAGES ON

Add all characters to Vadi's awesome app.

Get a message every time your design is approved or rejected on your phone. (It literally pops up like you just got a text)

Vadi's app?

• Enyalida said:

Can we have orgs pay out 1 million gold to make a clan an 'org clan', and therefore slotless for its users? Seren, at least, has something on order of four clans, it takes up a lot of someone's slots if they need to be in all of them.

That would be so awesome I can't even describe it. It'd probably free up five or so clans for me...
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I can't find this app, so I'm assuming it isn't available on iphones?
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Eritheyl said:

I can't find this app, so I'm assuming it isn't available on iphones?

Android only.

Vadi's app is the best 2.11 I've spent in a long time.
    Add guild novice permissions to members of a guild beyond a certain rank. It is quite confusing that a GR19 can't advance novices, but a GR3 undersec can. Probably at a rank that also allows them to check guild skills/guild inventory/guild score.