Simple Ideas

Comments

• There's a bunch of skills that aren't as good as other ones or have a disadvantage.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    There is a huge difference between trade skills and class skills.
  • *shrug*
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Give low magic enchantment and I'll never need to flex out of low magic again. I'm down with sharing trade skills around. I want enchanting back damnit.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I don't disagree with you, Falmiis. But, judging by past solutions like the pliers for warriors, I just don't see them going for it. Why nick you once when you can be bled dry?
    I'm not entirely familiar with those situations, but I'm not going to change classes just to get herbs/poisons. You can bet that I'll spend lessons (and possibly buy arties) if I could pick up herbs/poisons though!
    No need to change classes I believe. I'm fairly certain you can just drop your guild skills that require high magic, swap to low magic, do your trade things, flex back around again.
    But at that point I may as well change classes so I'm not completely useless :P
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I would love for trade skills to be independent of class. I understand that there are reasons why they aren't, but it's a change I would get pretty darn excited about.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    (non-tracker city warriors can take both low and high magic by the by, it's just mages/guardians stuck in highmagic and druids/wiccans stuck in low magic)

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Oh I always thought that rituals requires highmagic. The more you know.
  • edited May 2016
    Rituals does require highmagic. You're not required to take rituals as a warrior, though. Tracking warriors can take either high or low magic.

The cord does allow you to switch in and out of skills a LARGE amount, so you CAN switch out of your guild skills, do your trade stuff and then re-enable your guild skills to fight.

You just can't get the herb/poison passives combat abilities (like immunity) while you're a class that needs highmagic for their combat skills.

Like I said, though, with our low population, releasing all the tradeskills is probably a better idea - no point doing it in a half-assed manner. It solves nothing.

Edit:

Okay, wait, rituals doesn't require highmagic. Sorry. Got mixed up.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited May 2016
    If you make tradeskills independent of class/skillchoice, I will do the following within 24 hours:

1) Trans enchanting (both tinkering and spellcraft).
    2) Buy the enchanting gloves artifact.
    3) Trans Tattoos.
    4) Trans alchemy (both paths).
    5) Trans highmagic (I do not want to do it now because forgetting Poisons is annoying, so have just not done so).

I will also probably buy the tattoo needle and maybe the alchemist gloves (those are less useful to me). I would LOVE access to enchanting to be able to do my own cubes. The people I make do my cubes would probably also love that. :P
  • Replace tattoos with forging, and needle with mallet, and you'd have my game plan.
  • I would kill (more than usual) for lowmagic and the lowmagic tradeskills.

For highmagic mages, it's literally spellcraft or loleverythingelsesucks.
    Problem I can see is psionics paired with rose colored glasses.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Didn't they adjust those like they did the auction artifact which filled the same role? If not, simple enough to just do the same thing with them.
  • Tarkenton said:
    Problem I can see is psionics paired with rose colored glasses.
    Pretty sure that's already been addressed after... was it Revan's? auction item that did the same thing.

• It was Fillin and rose colored glasses only affect personal use, not incoming ego damage. 

So forcefield+rose glasses is not a thing. 
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Merge the CONFIG PROMPT ALL and STATS options, so that doing an ALL prompt does not show endurance and willpower, which don't do anything anymore. 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Enyalida said:
    Merge the CONFIG PROMPT ALL and STATS options, so that doing an ALL prompt does not show endurance and willpower, which don't do anything anymore. 

Can we add armbalance to ALL while we're at it?
  • Being able to use CURIO SHOW with a single piece rather than a partial (or ideal without any pieces, using the setname), and see the pieces of the set would be really nice.
  • I just looked that up and cringed so much. I'm sorry I didn't mean that at all. Language can be so confusing at times. I meant to say that I'M highly handicapped (As a dreamweaver attempting to kill someone. Looking up the difference between handicapped and handicap made me feel so awful after calling someone I barely know handicapped...) I posted this at 4:40 AM my time... No offense meant and I have nothing against you OOCLY.

• edited June 2016
    My search for "Well-dressed Bear" brought back an welcome yet unexpected result.
    Google knows me too well.

EDIT: Agreed @Luce - Sorry my morning ADHD was strong.

On the scope of this thread:
    I dont know if its ever been discussed here, but perhaps an attire system, so our worn items arent all lumped into our description

He is a  so and so and is totally awesome.

He is wearing:
                         (draping off his body) : flowing black formal robes
                     (well tailored and fitted) : a pair of ash-grey trousers
        (protecting his feet from the elements) : sturdy steel-capped black boots
         (worn atop his head at a slight angle) : a tasselled grey scholar's cap

Items being able to be attired with 
    ATTIRE ROBES draping off his body
  • I have moved the Dreamweaving discussion into a separate thread. This thread is for simple ideas, not pages-long discussions. If you want to have a full discussion about something, please create a new thread.

Ideas about skills and how they work are best directed to your guild's Envoy - that is the system put in place for you to submit your concerns to the administration.
  • edited June 2016
    edit: Misplaced drag queen GIF
  • Simple idea; Increase max possible stock in city and aether shops to 2000.
  • Another simple idea: a "back to top" button on the bottom of the forum page because I'm too lazy to scroll up for ages.
  • edited June 2016
    Pretty sure this is from when Miniatures required only Gold, Marble and a Powerstone...
    The figurine is wondrously crafted from marble, with movable limbs expertly held together with gold wires. Two powerstones have been set in as eyes, but otherwise all features on the figurine are smooth and blank, ready for the touch of an artist to bring to life.
    The recipe is now 5 gold, 5 plat, 5 silver, 5 marble and a powerstone. I also don't mean to be picky but the description states that two powerstones are set in as eyes.

Edit:
    I'm ready for the uproar due to this comment...