Simple Ideas

Comments

• These things might exist already even though I googled/perused the wiki for a while:

1. A skill that tells me my critical hit chance. Maybe BODYSCAN CRITICAL. Or a new skill higher up in discernment (alternatively, one could scale bodyscan to give more info as one progresses through discernment: first vitals, then resistances, then buffs, etc.). 

2. A skill @Vivet proposed about a year ago: DISCERNMENT - EXTRASENSORY - When toggled on, will allow you to discern the damage types used by mobs against you, and what % of each strike they are. (My edit: mobs or players - this may make the skill way to powerful?)

These things would make me want to trans discernment to get them, and they may make me want to buy resistance runes, crit runes, various items which get me curios, etc.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Cyna said:
    KARMA BLESSING RENEW - Karma Cost : 50 - Renew a karma effect while standing before a great seal - Adds twenty-four hours to a currently active karma blessing.
    Can I add about 6 more Agrees to this?
  • While that sounds good on paper it'd make it too easy to have too many blessings.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Can we please reduce the message spam for multiple identical items decaying at once? 20 messages from system because 20 mushroom spores decayed isn't fun :(
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Give nodes a chance to explode the way the Hand does if it's below a certain mote threshold. Or in the unlikely event that it gets too full, let it explode and wipe out anyone idling at the associated nexus. KABOOOOM!
  • Someone requested that a while ago and some admin said they were actually working on that for the long run.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Can the IKON TRADE command please be made to allow trades for credits or dingbats?  Currently it only allows for gold or other ikons.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Would it be possible for the shoplog to note how many sips/applications of a potion somebody bought? And also maybe could we have the option to set the price per "sips" instead of having to set it per vial when nobody actually buys by the vial anymore.

Aside but just kind of related to the sip vs "a vial's worth" for potions. Alchemists create 1 vial or 50 sips per batch of ingredients. A keg holds 100 vials or 5000 sips. If you're a trans alchemist/lorecrafter though, you make 60 sips per batch. 5000 is not evenly divisible by 60, and that drives me crazy when I'm trying to fill up a keg because I'm an obsessive about numbers.
  • Sakaki said:
    Can the IKON TRADE command please be made to allow trades for credits or dingbats?  Currently it only allows for gold or other ikons.

People are buying those things in dingdings? Dayum...
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Falmiis said:
    While that sounds good on paper it'd make it too easy to have too many blessings.
    This is the first time I'm actually noticing this post, and just wanted to know how it would make it any easier? You'd still need to generate the same rate* of karma to maintain a blessing or multiple blessings. If anything this might make it harder to maintain more than 1-2, since there won't be a point where you aren't paying for both due to one expiring while another's still active. 

At worst, you could argue that if implemented it can't extend any blessing past 26-28 hours if you're afraid of being able to stack Harmony until the end of time, or something.

*74 karma per 24 hours is 1 blessing, 196 karma is 2, 366 karma for 3, 584 for 4, 850 for 5, and for the sake of completionism, 1164 for 6, 1526 for 7, 1936 for 8, and 2394 karma per 24 hours active to maintain all 9 blessings. The formula is 50 karma to get a blessing, then 1 karma per hour per blessing to maintain it, or Daily cost=(number of blessings*24+50)*number of blessings
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Could we put powerstones into cubes as one method of recharging them as well as removing powerstone bloat? After a long gemcutting session, sometimes you have way more powerstones than you bargained for!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • That would gutpunch Enchantment's time=money skill, unless you make the conversion lousy.

Personally, I'd love to see powerstones become riftables, losing that facility if they're not 100% charged.

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Versalean said:
    Sakaki said:
    Can the IKON TRADE command please be made to allow trades for credits or dingbats?  Currently it only allows for gold or other ikons.

People are buying those things in dingdings? Dayum...

Typically Epic or Legendary ones.  Rare or lower, not really.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
    Eldanien said:
    That would gutpunch Enchantment's time=money skill, unless you make the conversion lousy.

Personally, I'd love to see powerstones become riftables, losing that facility if they're not 100% charged.

Oh being riftable is a brilliant idea. I love that. I just have 300 powerstones that will eventually decay on me and I know I'm not the only one. :\">
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited June 2016
    It's a good idea, but still not ideal.  Better would be finding a way to make powerstones more desirable.  A new use entirely, like you suggest is the better approach - just not cubes, in my opinion.

The overall game economy works better when there's a net scarcity.  Finding new ways to grow stockpiles of items is a stopgap.

• Actually, the best thing I'm coming up with is increasing power(stone) usage for most trades.  Just increase the rate of consumption by a little.  Adding some other perk which consumes powerstones will either be a waste of code because it's not worth the hassle, or become yet another must-have supply to nudge the power creep.  The advantage of this solution is that it's a relatively easy fix and doesn't affect the value of relevant artifacts.

Honestly I primarily enchant by doing one powerstone charge for the item in question and then just doing RECHARGE ITEM FROM CUBE. So I wind up moving very slowly through powerstones, hence my put powerstone in cube suggestion.
    Daraius said:
  • I'm pretty sure most enchanters do it that way.  But I'm talking things like alchemy, tattoos, so on.  And yes, even enchantments.  Make that first charge cost much more.  Make sigils cost more power to enchant.  And/or make cube enchanting less efficient.

In the end, the goal is to increase the rate of powerstone consumption, resulting in less likelihood of having huge stockpiles at risk of rotting away.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited June 2016
    Never mind.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I would dearly love it if books bound for sale had some kind of notation or signifier in II to keep them from getting mixed up with authored books.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Expanding on the above idea, I would love if titling books also had the effect of changing their appearance on II (for example, "You are holding: a sleek script booklet entitled "What I Did on My Summer Vacation."") This would make juggling a lot of books, scrolls, and so on much easier. I understand if this isn't really that simple an idea to implement, though.
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • For juggling books, there's always BOOKLIST. Or if that was an alias I made... It should be among the itemlists though.
  • BOOKLIST doesn't work, but there is ITEMLIST BOOKS which shows item ID, description, author and title for every book in your inventory. It doesn't show non-writeable books like magictomes or scrolls of healing, or quest items that answer to the name of book. Not sure how it handles books for sale.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • So I just finished my poteen curio a little while ago, and have been fastidiously using it every day.  Looking back at the week, it occurs to me that I've wasted a huge chunk of my play time waiting for the drunkenness to fade.  It's annoying to deal with, and I have to wonder if there isn't some better way.  The current solution used by many appears to be abuse of a bug, as far as I can tell.

While it's not a -terrible- mechanic, I'm not overly fond of 'play with this game content, pay for it by being shutdown or annoyed for a while'.

Any chance we could come up with a manse room item that rapidly removes intoxication?  I don't mean instantly, but rather something along the lines of 5x or 10x faster.

And while we're at it, consider something similar for insanity.  Perhaps 2x or 3x faster, for the same cost as the above.

• ^Agree with drunkness, disagree with insanity.
  • Do what everyone else does and take a friend into the arena with you. Find a healer or someone to trueheal you.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it