Simple Ideas

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Would be nice if the Mask of Esteemed Beauty also had variations which vary in strength the same way these influence/regen/health runes do - like in increments of 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25! I'd love to slowly work my way towards getting the mask.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• It would be very helpful if the design # for an item was included in description you see when you type <tradeskill> <type> <number>, as that would make it easier to work on a design or craft one. For example, if someone wants a belt made, I currently have to type TAILORING ACCESSORIES BELT, then TAILORING ACCESSORIES <belt number> to examine an item to see if it's the one I want, then SEW <number> - since I can't see the item number in the detailed examined, I have to scroll back to look at the list or cycle through my command history to find it. The same goes for sporadically working on a design.

Also useful would be the option to enter the full text for examined straight after the command instead of having to enter the editor (eg, design 1234 examined This is the long text for a shirt.)
  • Could there be a homestead option, or perhaps an artisan design type, to get a pedestal like libraries rather than bookshelves?

I'm trying to design something for our homestead but the shelves are already described in the room and really suit the aesthetic so dropping a bookshelf in would either really push the boundaries of a "bookshelf" or kinda not fit. Whereas a pedestal could fit in quite nicely. The only reason I really suggest it as homestead first is for the assurance that the bookshelves are described in the room desc so I'm not too sure if this could just be an additional pattern and go through the charites
  • Now that I'm a demigod, I can type DOMOTH STATUS and see messages about domoth claims. The entire concept of domoths is SO much easier to understand now - as a non-demi, it was very abstract and felt random and was essentially just me being confused and following people around.

Letting non-demis check DOMOTH STATUS and toggle on domoth messages would be very helpful to assist in conceptualizing domoths. We help with fights for them, so it seems weird to obfuscate this information. Putting it on a toggle for messages (config domothmessages on/off) and a manual command would ensure newbies aren't being spammed and confused, but would let people learn more when they are ready.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    You can check the status manually, but only at the Knowledge Cave.
  • I learned that, but only like 5 minutes ago, so it doesn't seem like common knowledge (heeheehee) or a useful tool to help teach people about domoths.
  • Maybe this doesn't count as a simple idea, but I'd love if we could see a bit more variety in fighting mobs. I don't know how difficult tweaking enemy AIs would be, but I think some clever things could be done without introducing any really new mechanics to it. 

For example, the biggest interaction with mobs besides just hitting them would be shields. So maybe there's a mob with a two stage attack, like you see one attack line and you know you'll want to actually raise shield instead of taking whatever's coming next in the face.  Or gives mobs some reason to shield aside from being at low health, maybe same reason, they're preparing to do some special attack and you're supposed to be quick enough to interrupt them with a hit?

And could probably do some real fun stuff for big mobs as part of quests, or supermobs that are something more than just pile on 20+ people and wail on them. I have a lot of ideas for that actually, that still keep with avoiding introducing entirely new interactions with mobs. Maybe I should just open a new thread?
  • Lehki said:
    Maybe this doesn't count as a simple idea, but I'd love if we could see a bit more variety in fighting mobs. I don't know how difficult tweaking enemy AIs would be, but I think some clever things could be done without introducing any really new mechanics to it. 

For example, the biggest interaction with mobs besides just hitting them would be shields. So maybe there's a mob with a two stage attack, like you see one attack line and you know you'll want to actually raise shield instead of taking whatever's coming next in the face.  Or gives mobs some reason to shield aside from being at low health, maybe same reason, they're preparing to do some special attack and you're supposed to be quick enough to interrupt them with a hit?

And could probably do some real fun stuff for big mobs as part of quests, or supermobs that are something more than just pile on 20+ people and wail on them. I have a lot of ideas for that actually, that still keep with avoiding introducing entirely new interactions with mobs. Maybe I should just open a new thread?
    @Morgfyre and I had talked about doing an area with mobs that had some interesting mechanics to fighting them but a lot of things would require (assumedly) large coding resources to change for your every day run of the mill mobs we currently have, or an admin to specifically create areas with that kind of stuff in mind. Even creating an area from scratch, I'm not sure my time investment custom progging something like that would be worth it for anything but an smob. It is a really cool idea though.

• @Zvoltz  Ah well then, I'm glad somebody at least considered it before. I guess I'll just hold out hope that somebody an admin has an idea for a new smob that is worth the effort. :D 

• Not really a simple idea, but is there any chance of more high level solo bashing areas being added? As a warrior i've been hitting the highest places alone since level 70, and I don't really like being forced to have to wait for a group for the higher amount of XP. Even the highest I can find of mobs only gives .20ish of xp even with 200% bonus which is...sad to say the least considering you can influence, at a WWAAAAAY lower risk and get the same reward. Higher risk should always  higher reward.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited August 2016
    Well, the highest places are things like Muud (which are hard to get out of if you're not a Demigod, so you need to plan around that), and I'd think that would present a bit of challenge for you still.  Just need to have a plan for escaping, because heartstopping / suiciding on a nematode to get out kind of negates the whole point of hunting for experience.

Edit: That's not to say we can't use more!  Always can.  Just pointing out that there are a couple that you may not have come across yet. :)
  • I have the skill for that.

Issue Daraius for being bad and afktherhunting 
    Your numbers today are:
  • edited August 2016
    Entirely not simple but i'd love preferential voting(well instant-runoff voting) as an option in referendums.

Like, in an ascendant nomination thing, everyone could order all of the nominees and the result would specify who won through preferences.

Edit: Same thing could apply to elections maybe
  • Saran said:
    Entirely not simple but i'd love preferential voting(well instant-runoff voting) as an option in referendums.

Like, in an ascendant nomination thing, everyone could order all of the nominees and the result would specify who won through preferences.

Perhaps not the complete solution to the problem (nor do I say we don't need this change; I'd love it), but when I held a VA referendum as CL, I started one referendum per candidate: "Do you think this candidate would be suitable?". The most suitable gets the VA spot. This eliminates strategic voting to a large degree, since there's nothing that prevents you from backing several candidates. This can't be done for elections, for obvious reasons, so in that regard we'd still need to change the voting system itself.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Could we name rename the truefavour we get from wheel spins to something that's not called truefavour? more making it a longer lasting argleblaster effect? I just simply think it devalues elder god truefavours a little by it's appearance as a truefavour.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Saran said:

Perhaps not the complete solution to the problem (nor do I say we don't need this change; I'd love it), but when I held a VA referendum as CL, I started one referendum per candidate: "Do you think this candidate would be suitable?". The most suitable gets the VA spot. This eliminates strategic voting to a large degree, since there's nothing that prevents you from backing several candidates. This can't be done for elections, for obvious reasons, so in that regard we'd still need to change the voting system itself.
    Yeah, that's another solution. It's just something I was thinking about cause we're going through nominations and it really is a cleaner way to deal with it in one referendum while also giving people more control over their voting.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Aeldra said:
    Could we name rename the truefavour we get from wheel spins to something that's not called truefavour? more making it a longer lasting argleblaster effect? I just simply think it devalues elder god truefavours a little by it's appearance as a truefavour.
    Are you saying Estarra isn't an elder gold?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Oh Gosh

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Phoebus said:
    Synkarin said:
    Aeldra said:
    Are you implying Estarra is a mere elder god?  :hushed:
    Are you implying that Estarra's favour isn't good enough for you?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Are you implying that Estarra is good?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    If we keep these implications up, Estarra's going to start throwing shoes around like an episode of Oprah and Ru-Paul's Christmas Special.
  • I would love to watch that.
  • Shaddus said:
    Are you implying that Estarra is good?
    Maybe that can be a question in Ask Estarra!
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    TBH, a heel is one of the last things I'm going to want to throw. Those things are expensive and just having one of a pair is no good, not to mention you won't be able to run after them (or away) without stopping to take the other one off. 
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited August 2016
    Synkarin said:
    Aeldra said:

hahaha, point taken, but she's the creatrix, not a mere elder goddess. No my point really is, usually you get favours from working for the god of your choice / winning their favour, wheras estarras you get from spinning coins. I mean,  I get it, but I personally would love if it were called otherwise.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Make the magic-item curios (the enchantable ones) wearable.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!