Simple Ideas

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited June 2013
    Also, IMMOLATE KELLY would be lovely.

I feel like the CORPSE verb should always give priority to player corpses over NPC corpses, though; so GET CORPSE would always pick up KELLY instead of the 120 scorpions she dropped.

Then you could still get the scorpions afterwards with GET CORPSE if you want.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.

Xenthos said:
    Also, IMMOLATE KELLY would be lovely.
    This, trying to immolate someone who already started praying before you found the relevant pit they fell in, killed the gravedigger, got out, got back to the nexus and then have to go through all your goddamn corpses to find the relevant id number is just too much work.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Like the vengeance observation room, allow people who are backstage hear what is said in the main stage room.
    edited June 2013
    I like the idea of extending what's said in one area to an outside observational audience. I'd suggest from the spectator grounds to conversations in the arena, but they're often not IC at the best of times.

But yes more clarity and less hidden behind the veil-esque mechanics where they aren't needed.

Like allowing everyone to read all reports without needing to be envoys >.>

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Or perhaps GET BODY should work for player-bodies, so you can pick them up instead of the first corpse in the room.
    Get body, immolate body? I guess that would work too, if it is impossible to do the other things. Being able to poke a corpse by its name would be the best solution but I imagine it would be mechanically problematic (having thought about it further).
    However. Being able to II KELLY would be swell, too.
  • Morkarion said:

This. So very very very much this. Heck, I'd love to see an envoy report about it.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Ssaliss said:
    Morkarion said:

This. So very very very much this. Heck, I'd love to see an envoy report about it.
    Envoyception?
    Reportception?
    I heard you liked envoying, so we put a report in your report so you could report while you report?
    [spoiler]possible meme picture incoming(possibly)[/spoiler]
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Would like a line if someone in the room regrows a limb, because it's not exactly something you wouldn't notice.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Especially useful for bashing, show a line when someone/something's shield breaks.
  • +1 to Rivius' idea

Can we please add eq/bal and limb balance information to prompts? Like everyone has had to script it, but it would be great to have server side so we could know EXACT numbers and not have to range for latency.

Please :(
  • Ssaliss said:
    Morkarion said:

I don't see the harm in looking at other guild's pending reports. However, non-envoys should not be able to look at drafts. It will save a lot of tantrums and freak outs over people taking silly or brain storming reports seriously. 

They are little more that scratch pads at that point in the process and would cause more confusion than any benefit. If you are dying to know you can always ask any envoy or talk to your guild patron about taking over the position.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Maybe, just maybe, we can turn DarkSeed and Scarab into Druid instakills and have them work off of allergy levels.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Have an insta kill that works on passives... hahahahahahahhahahaha

Oh, I don't know. Dysbaric Pressure and Cremate come to mind.

;))
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Hey, if you look at the original ideas in the Druid report that introduced allergies, that was the entire point - have allergies be the focus, get rid of sap (as it stands) and make an allergy-based instakill strategy, where you build allergies, burnt them to do active abilities that would eventually lead to an insta. They just took about half the idea and ran with it, instead.  :((
  • Yeah they didnt like your cairnlargo style setup. They make a passive that easily builds (more so with active help!) that has several effects for existing.   Coils are easy to cure off, 1 smoke per 10s.   I do think pyro melds need adjusting, it shouldnt take 7s of applying to cure a 10s passive tic. Mending should cure more, or the meld should deal less!
    There should be some way (through either the artifact getting a buff, or being able to purchase an upgrade) where Dingbat hats give you that race's specific languages should they have one.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Siam said:

Oh, I don't know. Dysbaric Pressure and Cremate come to mind.

;))
    No one ever remembers Preserve :(

I'm gonna go sit here in the corner with my dead guild.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Except that Cairnlargo isn't really an instakill.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

@Neos...sorries!

@Enyalida: Is IntoxicatingFlower the only active skill that requires allergies/allergy levels? Unsure if I missed anything in the Wiki.

#bringShikariback 

Yep! I was going to envoy a string of new things that would use up allergies, in exchange for making the actual allergies affliction do less, but the first thing in the string got shot down, so I'm back to the drawing board!
  • Shaddus said:
    Not sure if Shaddus is trying to misinterpret... or just doesn't know better.

In case he is serious:

Cairnlargo:   Attach spirits to people, burn varying numbers of them for an effect.

Enyalida's Idea: Build allergies on someone, burn varying numbers of them for an effect.

Enya's idea would take multiple skills (yay skill bloat), but ideally removes sap. Question is how easily do you stack allergies, and the fact they already have effects on their own.... like stopping you from leaving.
    edited June 2013
    Stopping you from leaving? Not true.

Anyways, yes, that was the general idea. The idea was to shift the building/stacking of allergies to have a cure and granular buildup (so that there could be finer control over how fast it builds, but also strategy involved in potentially hindering that cure), and as new ways to use up allergies were created, lower the intensity of the non-sap allergy effects... which are fairly minor, all told. Decreased poison shrugging (functionally useless to the druid) and increased writhe time (which was recently halved). The mechanic would go from "Wait for this to build to max, sap, carry on as usual (with all the same issues and bumps as before with sap, just moar) to "Have a strategy to hinder the curing of allergies and selectively choose what 'allergy burning' abilities to use, according to the situation."

This string of comments is probably getting too long for a thread of 'simple ideas'. If you guise want to start a new thread to rehash allergies, I'm game.
  • Can it be arranged so when you fall asleep on say... a couch or in a chair you don't fall out/off of them? At least for couches where it makes sense you could nap. Thanks

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Malarious said:

Shaddus said:

Not sure if Shaddus is trying to misinterpret... or just doesn't know better.

In case he is serious:

Cairnlargo:   Attach spirits to people, burn varying numbers of them for an effect.

Enyalida's Idea: Build allergies on someone, burn varying numbers of them for an effect.

Enya's idea would take multiple skills (yay skill bloat), but ideally removes sap. Question is how easily do you stack allergies, and the fact they already have effects on their own.... like stopping you from leaving.

True enough, but I think a better reference skill for what she's trying to do is phantomsphere, not cairnlargo
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.