Simple Ideas

Comments

• You can't touch an orgbix if you've got a mental affliction so what about taking a chunky ego hit if you run with a debate affliction?
  • More like, debate afflictions are only viable when being given by someone not debating. The speed of the focus enchantment and the disadvantage missing a debate attack puts you in makes using debate afflictions in an actual 1v1 debate a fool's errand.

• KioKio
    edited July 2013
    Allow shadows stolen by Night Shadowtwist to be probed using "probe shadow of [name]". Alternatively, create a new syntax to tack onto the skill: SHADOWLOOK [person]. If I have Lerad's shadow, I can SHADOWLOOK LEARD to see -only- the line: "The shadow has been twisted upon itself x times," instead of the whole description. If I do not have his shadow, I would receive the generic "You do not possess that shadow" message.

If this is not as simple an idea as it sounds, I'll probably poke Nihta and ask her to envoy it.
  • Kio said:
    Allow shadows stolen by Night Shadowtwist to be probed using "probe shadow of [name]". Alternatively, create a new syntax to tack onto the skill: SHADOWLOOK [person]. If I have Lerad's shadow, I can SHADOWLOOK LEARD to see -only- the line: "The shadow has been twisted upon itself x times," instead of the whole description. If I do not have his shadow, I would receive the generic "You do not possess that shadow" message. If this is not as simple an idea as it sounds, I'll probably poke Nihta and ask her to envoy it.
    You can poke Nihta about a script she wrote about it too. It's wonderful.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited August 2013
    Is it possible to add Plane and Outdoors/indoors to the map xml?

edit: Would it be possible to generate room coordinates in gmcp for manses?
  • Artisan Cases. Functionally the same as a Rack, except that you can see and probe items inside even while it is closed.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited August 2013
    Investible Sealholder privilege for families.  [-O<
    (that is, the House head can designate certain other members the privilege of using a stamp made for the family)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I will note that right now flares are due so I am specifically not staying logged in to bake pie.

Having a priv that is only available when another person is -offline- is just bizarre. If they are going to have the priv, just let them have it. Don't take it away when I have the audacity to log on!

PS: The reason for certain ministries to have funds is because their powers consume said funds. Publishing a book takes resources from the library ministry, changing shop names and descriptions cannot be done without funds in the chancellor's account. Culture's is pretty pointless though, they cannot withdraw and the arena has its own arena-fund (would really be swell to just tie it together with the ministry fund instead of having to deal with it separately).

Personally I would prefer a CL priv that gives authorization to ministries to withdraw. That way orgs can determine how best to set things up. For example, I would never want the power ministry able to withdraw. The gold there needs to be available for guards and construct building. Rewards for power-events can be handled by the CL or by the treasurer working with the ambassador / trade (this way whomever is transferring the gold can also ensure that enough remains for continued operation).
  • Please bake pie. I'm off to bed anyway.

But yes. All of that. Please.
  • Yesplz. To all of the above.
  • I'm still missing the Cave Bear to be transitioned over to a beast. It's been a while since riding went away and I'm still waiting for it to be converted over to the new system.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Svorai said:
    Covenants!

So, I know it's been mentioned a lot of places, but the longer the EG+BT are in this beautiful relationship (I was one of the Covenant dissenters -- I eat my words), the more I come to realise there is a lot that prevents Covenants being all they could be.

Most important on my list of Covenant improvements is for both guilds in the Covenant to show up in GWHO. Can an extra column be added in GWHO that designates "EG" or "BT" or something?

When it comes to advancing peeps in one guild by a member of the other guild, it's sometimes key that the advancer knows what rank the advancee is. We advance people by ranks up to GR8, but there's no way to determine a person's rank (using honours or GWHO) if you're outside the person's guild.

As well as this, while it's great that we can hear people from the other guild, and we can see most of them on CW, I think everyone would agree that having Covenant people show up on GWHO would go a long way to making the guilds feel less empty (which was kinda the point of them in the first place).

There are lots of other things that would be grand to have, but this was my concern of the day! :D
    To add to this, undersec/secretaries and leaders should be able to readlog/writelog covenant to see their joint guild. Knowing which Blacktalon need favours for example would be a huge help.

And please let us read our covenant guild's scrolls, so we know what the requirements are to test people on.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

The up exit on the Fingerblade should lead to the node on Scorpio, not to the Ebonglom when we have our nexus drop 15 rooms away.

Not having an astral exit seems somewhat limited.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Morkarion said:
    The up exit on the Fingerblade should lead to the node on Scorpio, not to the Ebonglom when we have our nexus drop 15 rooms away.

Though, as the obvious caveat, this should be extended to all orgbixes and relevant astral nodes.

Incidentally makes me wonder what other orgbixes have in terms of multiple prime exits, as we've only the drop to Matrix.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Morkarion said:

I love it going to the Wyrdling though.  Quick entry to the guildhall.  Not many can boast that!
    Maellio said:
    Morkarion said:

Though, as the obvious caveat, this should be extended to all orgbixes and relevant astral nodes.
    I thought they did?

Granted it's been nearly a year since I had a key, but I was certain that up leads straight to Capricorn. I am glad to be corrected on this.

• Mantle of Starlight goes to the Pool of Stars on prime, the Lake of Dreams, the isle of silver sand on water, close to the entrance of the Tide Lords' grotto, Raziela's... I'm not entirely sure what to call it, mini-realm?, Methrenton's mini-realm, and the corridor of light leading to Elohora.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I've asked @maylea about a possible entrance to seren's directory slash shopping area
    Where's the link between Celestia and Astral, at the nexus or off to the side?

• City nexii link directly to their cosmic planes.
    That wasn't what I asked though. I want to know where the link to Astral from Cosmic is on Celestia.

• Malarious said:
    City nexii link directly to their cosmic planes.
    Mork's asking about the Astral link.  However, it's true for this, as well.  The Nexii link the Cosmic Planes with the Nexii object on Astral.
    Kio said:
    Malarious said:
    Mork's asking about the Astral link.  However, it's true for this, as well.  The Nexii link the Cosmic Planes with the Nexii object on Astral.
    Yeah, the one on the Night Bubble (can't speak for Moon) is unreliable and randomises. Hence why I'd like a request for a fingerblade room to Scorpio, as there's no sure way up there for non Torus/Cubix/Seal owners.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Please change the line in CREDIT REPORT to show when your membership will next renew, not when it renewed last.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Morkarion said:
    Kio said:
    Malarious said:
    Yeah, the one on the Night Bubble (can't speak for Moon) is unreliable and randomises. Hence why I'd like a request for a fingerblade room to Scorpio, as there's no sure way up there for non Torus/Cubix/Seal owners.
    Ours is very random, too.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."