Simple Ideas

Comments

• There is no such link. If you want to get to Astral from one of the cosmic planes, you have to use the nexus. Theoretically there could also be a woven gate, but there's nothing similar to the Moon/Night bubble objects
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Which, of course, exist because otherwise the forests would have no way to get to astral, outside of bumming a ride or using an aethership to fly there.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    You can't say there isn't a link from Cosmic to Astral, then give an example of a link from Cosmic to Astral in the exact same sentence =/

The Communes lack a guarenteed way to their respective planes, hence why I'd like a fingerblade addition (and to extent the flame).

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Except you had just complained about the nexii being used as an example of such a link so...
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Shaddus said:
    Please change the line in CREDIT REPORT to show when your membership will next renew, not when it renewed last.
    This information isn't available to us as the processor does not link directly to Lusternia.
    Kiradawea said:
    Except you had just complained about the nexii being used as an example of such a link so...
    Erm no I hadn't, re-read please. I said I wasn't talking about Prime to Cosmic links, I was talking about Cosmic to Astral.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited September 2013
    Re: Astral/Cosmic link

You're misunderstanding each other. The city nexuses allow guardians to jump from Prime to Cosmic. Once on Cosmic, anyone who can use the nexus (citizens, and people with enough planar) can use it to jump from Cosmic to Astral. There is no other link between Cosmic to Astral except through the nexus.
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • Could the time limit on Arena duels be extended?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Make it so you can set the limit when you go in.
  • I'd like to see the Culture Ministry have an arena command to change the time limit.  This way it can be adjusted for each org and Avenger can stay the length it is due to queues and such.
  • Instead of this:

***************************[ THE SYMPHONIUM GUILD ]****************************
    Guildmember      Rank                  Position                 GT   GNT   CGT
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Talan              19                  Envoy                    On    On    On
    Allyrianne          *                  Guildmaster              On    On    On
    **********************[ COVENANT: THE AEROMANCERS GUILD ]**********************
    *******************************************************************************
    Currently, there are 2 members on this Plane and 2 on other Planes.

Could we have this:

***************************[ THE SYMPHONIUM GUILD ]****************************
    Talan              19                  Envoy                    On    On    On
    Allyrianne          *                  Guildmaster              On    On    On
    Currently, there are 2 members on this Plane and 0 on other Planes.

**********************[ COVENANT: THE AEROMANCERS GUILD ]**********************
    Currently, there are 0 members on this Plane and 2 on other Planes.

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited September 2013
    And, in fact, already do:

****************************[ THE EBONGUARD GUILD ]****************************
    Morkarion           *                  Champion                 On    On    On
    Xenthos             *                  Guildmaster              On    On    On
    Currently, there are 2 members on this Plane and 0 on other Planes.

**********************[ COVENANT: THE BLACKTALON GUILD ]***********************
    Currently, there are 0 members on this Plane and 0 on other Planes.

(That was super-quick.  Thank you!)

Edit: I had a CWHO in here for some reason in addition to the GWHO.  Hmph.
  • A simple thing for item group handling: SPLIT <number> FROM <group>. Would, perhaps not surprisingly, split that number away from the main group. Also, could we up the limit from 10.000 to, say 100.000? Having groups of 10k+ herbs (or spices, or comms) isn't all that uncommon, I feel.
  • Let us wear some of the ambient curios? I know it wouldn't make sense for some of them (Like the tools), but the flowers and feathers just seem so appropriate for use as adornment.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.

Let us wear some of the ambient curios? I know it wouldn't make sense for some of them (Like the tools), but the flowers and feathers just seem so appropriate for use as adornment.

I issued about this a whole back, and got my forsaken veil curio set as wearable. I don't know if it takes up a slot or anything.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shaddus said:
    Let us wear some of the ambient curios? I know it wouldn't make sense for some of them (Like the tools), but the flowers and feathers just seem so appropriate for use as adornment.
    I issued about this a whole back, and got my forsaken veil curio set as wearable. I don't know if it takes up a slot or anything.
    I bugged both the veil and the eyepatch and they are both wearable now.  They do not seem to really interfere with anything though.
  • I am wearing both the Bone Helm of Urlach and the Holy Helm of Avechna.

Real warriors can wear up to 5 helms anyway.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    You can always use COMMUNE ENEMIES/ORDER ENEMIES/GUILD ENEMIES <search string>.
  • Rivius said:
    You can always use COMMUNE ENEMIES/ORDER ENEMIES/GUILD ENEMIES <search string>.
    This is true.  However, when you have to do that four times for one person, perhaps multiple people if they are travelling together, it creates a small problem in trying to figure out if so-and-so should be where they are.
    I think hiding these things and being mysterious is exactly why the artifact exists though. It was a bit more special when few people had it, but either way, it feels like a nerfy that's slightly unwarranted for those guys.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited September 2013
    Rivius said:
    I think hiding these things and being mysterious is exactly why the artifact exists though. It was a bit more special when few people had it, but either way, it feels like a nerfy that's slightly unwarranted for those guys.
    I disagree. Especially considering there is no... "AIRLORDS ENEMIES" (For instance) I'll need to do DIPLOMACY AIRLORDS <person>

That said, not everyone can check that either, so a security person in the Aeros can't see that an individual is enemied to air lords, but if they didn't have the laurel arti, even a novice can see it in honors? I personally don't see why the artifact has to hide enemy statuses at all considering one still has access to them, although using a slightly more complicated syntax? Why? It hiding absolutely everything else is plenty for the cost it has. Alternately, give us the ability to check DIPLOMACY <person> SUMMARY that will show any relevant statuses as far as our organizations are concerned.

EDIT: I actually had completely forgotten about GUILD BRAND LIST that shows affiliated org enemies... but the point still stands.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • This issue has been raised before, and rather than change the function of the artifact, the cost of the artifact was raised. It's not entirely a rp device, and it's allowed to work as it does because there are other ways to glean the pertinent information.

It's kind of an interesting pseudo-philosophical problem. If someone is doing nothing offensive, and is so little known to you that you have no idea what their status is, and you can't be arsed to check "the hard way," are they, in fact, your enemy?

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Talan said:
    This issue has been raised before, and rather than change the function of the artifact, the cost of the artifact was raised. It's not entirely a rp device, and it's allowed to work as it does because there are other ways to glean the pertinent information.

It's kind of an interesting pseudo-philosophical problem. If someone is doing nothing offensive, and is so little known to you that you have no idea what their status is, and you can't be arsed to check "the hard way," are they, in fact, your enemy?

Tends to be standard procedure to check for enemy statuses when someone is applying for citizenship. If they're hiding behind laurels, it technically isn't my problem and I will say it straight... no. It could be someone who has been gone for a while too and thus not someone you quite remember well, but who could have been a big troublemaker in the past... so eh. I'm pretty certain that if you went and randomly asked Serens why Elanorwen is an enemy not all of them would be able to answer. Does that mean that I'm technically not their enemy and they should drop any statuses they have of me?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited September 2013
    I remember! Also, I agree with you.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    When in doubt, turn them away from your org until they turn off their laurels and prove they aren't an enemy.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    As long as this doesn't interfere with much, how about allowing metal commodities to be targetable via "metal".
    edited September 2013
    For the sake of people who suddenly get lag death when reading offerings logs, can we get a syntax of "OFFER #XAMOUNT GOLD" and a CONFIRM afterwards with no upper limit please? Having 1,000 gold only incriments when you want to dump a million on a Divine is kinda tiny.

We need a 'Too soon.' emote.