Simple Ideas

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited October 2013
    I think Xenthos is right on this one. Regardless of what 'You have emoted' says, everyone else sees the title.

Some examples plucked from someone's log:

Daraius Shevat's tail sways languidly.

Daraius Shevat bares his teeth in an odd canine grin.

Daraius Shevat dutifully brushes down his fur.

My title is lean and mean, but I wouldn't mind seeing titles banished from custom emotes!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Because it really does matter to some of us.

The fact a shrub has been #1 on the XP ranks now for six months, hasn't been knocked off for inactivity, and cannot be caught by any realistic means because of the diminishing returns on essence gains is, at best, irritating. It's also a poor and unfair reflection on the game, that the #1 ranked player in said game is under punishment. Especially when they were punished for the said activity that got them to #1 in the first place.

It's pretty much impossible, without the top 5 going inactive, to achieve the highest rank, unlike explorer ranks where you are only limited by the number of rooms in the game and simply having to get to new areas before people ranked above you, the XP ranks have a soft cap which sits on a regular basis between 6-8th.

Various ranking systems in game (explorer/XP/achievements) are a goal for various players, can we have the potential* to compete for those top spots please?

*And no, grinding 100 million mobs for 1 xp each is not a potential means of doing it, while mathematically possible, it's never realistically going to happen.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I couldn't agree more, Morkarion.

One of my biggest annoyances in this game were the Demigod essence changes. Not because it's harder, but because the people who were so high before the changes went in are now impossible to beat. I believe there should be some sort of decay so that people must work to keep their high ranks, not just sit on them idly.
  • How do you propose that this be done? By adding an essence decay in addition to the slower gain, or by changing the rankings, or something else?
    I'd very much like report 945 to be reconsidered in that regard, the 10% decay over 100 million, coupled with the removal of diminishing returns was an excellent balance mechanic. There's no need for people to have over 100 mil if they aren't competing, so being stuck at 100 isn't going to harm them.

As it stands right now in a ranking system that is competitive, a handful of players are grandfathered in to the top ranks with no chance of losing them.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I very much like solution 2 of that report (945) however I would not be upset if the malus of gains over 70 million remained.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited November 2013
    Not sure who I'm hating, just pointing out the admin's flawed thinking.
  • I don't understand the context, just clicked 'like' because that puffin is brilliant.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    When posts are deleted, it seems the IRE toolbar subtracts from the number of messages you need to read. If you were up to date on all your messages, therefore, it could show up in the negatives. Right now, mine has been sitting at -1 for a while and it's a bit bothering to the OCD tendencies. Is it possible to have the number automatically reset whenever a post has to be deleted?
  • You can use the link for the previous article to reset it back to 0. If this is messages and not news posts, try having someone message you to bump up the count? I think showing -1 is ok so you see that something got deleted ... but it'd be neat if it then didn't show the new message indicator. That did bother me a lot :P
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Whatever happened to the "emote suggestion" thread?

Meh.

ZSNAP

His head bobbing like a pigeon's, Eritheyl snaps his fingers three times while moving that arm in a 'z' pattern.

Oh yeah! Your point well and truly made, you snap your fingers and move your hand in a 'z'.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Rialorm said:
    You can use the link for the previous article to reset it back to 0. If this is messages and not news posts, try having someone message you to bump up the count? I think showing -1 is ok so you see that something got deleted ... but it'd be neat if it then didn't show the new message indicator. That did bother me a lot :P
    Oh my word, you fixed my issue!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It would be exceedingly cool if, during special or org events, Shamans would sometimes have trance visions related to the event. It may go unnoticed, but it would be a totally awesome touch!

On that note, the chance to receive one of the in-depth messages while trancing instead of the generic seems pretty low, sometimes a great many ticks go by between them.
  • Enyalida said:
    It would be exceedingly cool if, during special or org events, Shamans would sometimes have trance visions related to the event. It may go unnoticed, but it would be a totally awesome touch!

On that note, the chance to receive one of the in-depth messages while trancing instead of the generic seems pretty low, sometimes a great many ticks go by between them.
    If you'd like to whip up some new trance lines so we can replace the generic ones, have at it :)

Okay! I forgot, we also need to write lines for Shamanism learning!
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Assuming that there isn't some hidden way of doing this that I've missed: Jewellers should be able to remove engravings from items. Because typos make sadfaces.
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Could there be a reagent to change the gender of a beast?

@Irillia and I like our bro gryphons, but we would prefer if they were queenly gryphons.

And we don't really want to spend dingbats again on a 50% probability they'll be another guy. ;-;

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I would be extremely pleased if there were a REMOVE ALL syntax to strip all worn objects. Constantly fiddling with aliases and having to add/remove certain items from the list on an annoyingly regular basis gets to be a pain when all I'd like to do is change outfits and not have a worn list ten miles long for lounging around the city.

I guess give it an eq/bal cost if for some reason if sacrifices must be made for convenience's sake, perhaps require a CONFIRM to prevent combat mishaps.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Instead of 'REMOVE ALL', the syntax should be either 'NUDIFY' or 'STRIP'.
    Enyalida said:
    Instead of 'REMOVE ALL', the syntax should be either 'NUDIFY' or 'NEKKID'.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Veil really should drop if masochism is down/the person hits someone, same as Mask.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    As it stands, quest stages in the Nomad Camp/Mesa Compound for Hallifax and Gaudiguch's epic can already be hampered for about two hours by completing the opposite side's Mirror of Tzaraziko quest. While annoying, this makes sense and is just dandy. However! When the mirror images have invaded either side's territory, the hour-ish long fighting in the desert (which places a hold on either side's turn-ins for the duration) still occurs. It would be nice if, given that someone has already completely decimated one half of the fighting, this did not still take place while mirror images are present. This would benefit both sides in a nice way, I feel.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Eritheyl said:
    As it stands, quest stages in the Nomad Camp/Mesa Compound for Hallifax and Gaudiguch's epic can already be hampered for about two hours by completing the opposite side's Mirror of Tzaraziko quest. While annoying, this makes sense and is just dandy. However! When the mirror images have invaded either side's territory, the hour-ish long fighting in the desert (which places a hold on either side's turn-ins for the duration) still occurs. It would be nice if, given that someone has already completely decimated one half of the fighting, this did not still take place while mirror images are present. This would benefit both sides in a nice way, I feel.
    I always thought this was hilarious.
    edited November 2013
    So there's been discussion recently about Divine interaction, inactive orders and the balancing of TFs and how certain people don't get them because :perfectly good reasons:

So I'd like to propose a solution, and read the whole thing before you jump to conclusions: Auto TFs.

This would affect any Order who's Divine character is inactive, active Divines who have little time for Order interaction may choose to enable this but that would be optional rather than enforced.

Auto TF's convert any essence into TF's at the start of each year, clearing the logs. However the drawback (and to stop people farming 5-6 Divines for ridiculous amounts of TFs) is that the exchange rate is higher than the standard "1 mil for 1 RL day TF". I'd propose it around 5 million per day (to stop non Order farming.) If it is possible to code it so that members of an Order can be treated differently, reward them at 2 million per. While still higher than an active Divine may choose, they have a reliable source for a TF and are rewarded for their loyalty despite their Divine's silence (read: inactivity.)

Ultimately the long and short, TF's no longer become a battle of the haves and have nots, where you're penalised statistics wise and mechanics wise for staying true to your character, essence logs also no longer look depressingly huge, there's mechanics within the Order continuing (as well as the encouragement for group activity to continue raising all this essence) and ultimately when someone DOES take over that Divine, they aren't having to pull hair out over how the hell they reward people fairly for A: Continued devotion and B: Ridiculous amounts of essence without dishing out really long TF's, before setting their own personal exchange rate.

All the while if someone not in the Order wants a 12d TF to last the full year, they need to do 60 million essence in that time to that one Divine alone before offering to their own, speaking from personal experience, that's not easy to do at all. It's doable, but you may hate yourself for it afterwards.

I'd love to walk around with a Fain and Lisaera tf at the same time.
  • I think the way to avoid that happening, and the way to avoid TF farming, would be to  have the auto-TF check for a TF on the player before granting it, and limit it based on that. Like, Lisaera wouldn't TF anybody with a favor from an enemy Divine, etc.

Not sure how easy that would be to code, though. I can't even write simple aliases >_>
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
    What is this about getting TFs for 1 mil essence from gods?!
  • Can we get a variable we can plug into DESCRIBE SELF or pet descriptions that automagically swaps to the appropriate pronoun based on gender? So, I can make a description like:

He is a ferocious loboshigaru and is the doggiest dog to ever wag a tail. He has long, golden brown fur that covers his entire body and a waggly tail.

Then if I Genderbubble, Genderbend, or Mirror, it'll change itself to:

She is a ferocious loboshigaru and is the doggiest dog to ever wag a tail. She has long, golden brown fur that covers her entire body and a waggly tail.

Without needing to do DESCRIBE SELF again or remembering to do it when I lose the defense, in the case of Genderbend.