Simple Ideas

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Enyalida said:
    What is this about getting TFs for 1 mil essence from gods?!
    It's the average going rate for a fair number of active divine. 1D of TF per 1 mil offered, some exchange at a bit less, some at a bit more.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited November 2013
    Morkarion said:
    Enyalida said:
    It's the average going rate for a fair number of active divine. 1D of TF per 1 mil offered, some exchange at a bit less, some at a bit more.

Yeah that's pretty much been the standard since year 1

Requires an active Divine though.

• Morkarion said:
    Enyalida said:
    Wow, I'm selling myself short :(

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Yeah, no way I generated a million since the last tf. Don't let that fulminating exterior fool you: @Zvoltz is one generous teddy bear. ;;)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I've offered 5-6mil in the course of a weekend and not even gotten a tip of the hat from an active divine, sadface.
  • Zvoltz said:

Morkarion said:
    Enyalida said:
    Wow, I'm selling myself short :(
    <3
    Some sell for less, some for slightly more, YMMV. But it does average around the 1 mil per mark.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

•    o The short names for cities and guilds (e.g. "celest" or "institute")
       can now be used as alias for CT and GNT, respectively, assuming you are
       a member of the organization.

I love this change. Now, please do the same thing for clans!
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Morkarion said:
    So there's been discussion recently about Divine interaction, inactive orders and the balancing of TFs and how certain people don't get them because :perfectly good reasons:

So I'd like to propose a solution, and read the whole thing before you jump to conclusions: Auto TFs.

This would affect any Order who's Divine character is inactive, active Divines who have little time for Order interaction may choose to enable this but that would be optional rather than enforced.

Auto TF's convert any essence into TF's at the start of each year, clearing the logs. However the drawback (and to stop people farming 5-6 Divines for ridiculous amounts of TFs) is that the exchange rate is higher than the standard "1 mil for 1 RL day TF". I'd propose it around 5 million per day (to stop non Order farming.) If it is possible to code it so that members of an Order can be treated differently, reward them at 2 million per. While still higher than an active Divine may choose, they have a reliable source for a TF and are rewarded for their loyalty despite their Divine's silence (read: inactivity.)

Ultimately the long and short, TF's no longer become a battle of the haves and have nots, where you're penalised statistics wise and mechanics wise for staying true to your character, essence logs also no longer look depressingly huge, there's mechanics within the Order continuing (as well as the encouragement for group activity to continue raising all this essence) and ultimately when someone DOES take over that Divine, they aren't having to pull hair out over how the hell they reward people fairly for A: Continued devotion and B: Ridiculous amounts of essence without dishing out really long TF's, before setting their own personal exchange rate.

All the while if someone not in the Order wants a 12d TF to last the full year, they need to do 60 million essence in that time to that one Divine alone before offering to their own, speaking from personal experience, that's not easy to do at all. It's doable, but you may hate yourself for it afterwards.
    How about we make it offering a given value of gold, instead? A hard gold sink that people will actually want to make regular use of sounds good.
  • Vivet said:
    Morkarion said:
    So there's been discussion recently about Divine interaction, inactive orders and the balancing of TFs and how certain people don't get them because :perfectly good reasons:

So I'd like to propose a solution, and read the whole thing before you jump to conclusions: Auto TFs.

This would affect any Order who's Divine character is inactive, active Divines who have little time for Order interaction may choose to enable this but that would be optional rather than enforced.

Auto TF's convert any essence into TF's at the start of each year, clearing the logs. However the drawback (and to stop people farming 5-6 Divines for ridiculous amounts of TFs) is that the exchange rate is higher than the standard "1 mil for 1 RL day TF". I'd propose it around 5 million per day (to stop non Order farming.) If it is possible to code it so that members of an Order can be treated differently, reward them at 2 million per. While still higher than an active Divine may choose, they have a reliable source for a TF and are rewarded for their loyalty despite their Divine's silence (read: inactivity.)

Ultimately the long and short, TF's no longer become a battle of the haves and have nots, where you're penalised statistics wise and mechanics wise for staying true to your character, essence logs also no longer look depressingly huge, there's mechanics within the Order continuing (as well as the encouragement for group activity to continue raising all this essence) and ultimately when someone DOES take over that Divine, they aren't having to pull hair out over how the hell they reward people fairly for A: Continued devotion and B: Ridiculous amounts of essence without dishing out really long TF's, before setting their own personal exchange rate.

All the while if someone not in the Order wants a 12d TF to last the full year, they need to do 60 million essence in that time to that one Divine alone before offering to their own, speaking from personal experience, that's not easy to do at all. It's doable, but you may hate yourself for it afterwards.
    How about we make it offering a given value of gold, instead? A hard gold sink that people will actually want to make regular use of sounds good.
    You can offer gold for essence already, and preventing somebody from offering their esteem for a TF would be a rather harsh thing to do, as there is just about nobody buying right now.

Personal example: Parua is sitting on about 100,000 units of esteem, which if it sold, could be worth upwards of 2 million gold, at the prices you see in shops. Except, nobody's buying. As a result, the only money she has is from begging, and it's not super reliable to beg as the most profitable places get begged out regularly.

Making it so that she can't get a TF from a sleepy divine simply because she chooses not to hunt for IC morality reasons is a rather steep punishment.

Allowing one to use esteem for this sort of thing would drive the esteem market again, where as being purely gold will be a nice sink for those who already have it and make it easily, but not so much for those who aren't top tier money-makers.
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited November 2013
    Parua said:

by
    Vivet said:

Morkarion said:

You can offer gold for essence already, and preventing somebody from offering their esteem for a TF would be a rather harsh thing to do, as there is just about nobody buying right now.

Personal example: Parua is sitting on about 100,000 units of esteem, which if it sold, could be worth upwards of 2 million gold, at the prices you see in shops. Except, nobody's buying.

To be fair, if no one is buying esteem, prices are probably too high

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Iytha said:
       o The short names for cities and guilds (e.g. "celest" or "institute")
       can now be used as alias for CT and GNT, respectively, assuming you are
       a member of the organization.

I love this change. Now, please do the same thing for clans!
    Eh? I normally just do... CLAN <short name> TELL <whatever>

Sure, it's a bit longer, but it works... and it completely divorces you from numbers in case things get all screwy when you get booted out of/quit a clan.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Synkarin said:
    by
    Vivet said:
    Morkarion said:
    snip
    snip
    snip
    To be fair, if no one is buying esteem, prices are probably too high

Parua says: its not selling, people aren't interested. I advertise on Market, and get no responses. I don't mention prices, I just say esteem, and nobody sends me tells. It's just not in great demand right now.
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    That may have something to do with the fact that most people want to sell in bulk now because of the percentage loss, so there aren't as many casual buyers looking for small bits of esteem anymore. That, and it's generally easier to generate esteem.
    Also realise that you're selling despite tradebans, so your options are really Celest and Halli. One's dead and the other has more influencers than hunters.

• Magnagora doesn't do tradebans, wink wink, nudge nudge
    IIRC Seren has a trade ban with Mag, I may be mistaken.

• It does. But who wants to listen to THOSE guys? We have MONEY and you have things to sell us! Free market #yolo swag 2013 trade sanctions are dumb give north korea more money plz
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Trade bans aren't mutual. They may not be allowed to work with us, but we'll deal with you under the table ;) (and profit)

• edited November 2013
    It's only breaking the law if you get caught.

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around to hear it, does it still make an enemy?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    If I had known Paws had esteem, I would have bought hers instead of cocidius.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • For a vaguely more legal option: the Celest government buys esteem in bulk at 25 gold per and (as far as I know) doesn't have any trade bans in the way.
  • Morkarion said:
    snip

On that note, now that you can't coinrub curios and the wheel actually doesn't get used as often, can we have an NPC that sells the four various tonics for a set gold price (higher than the 10k per during the auction period) please?
    Please please please this!

All the reasonably priced tonic has been bought up, and the only two folks with it in shops are a) overprised inactive Fillin and b) price gouging and refusing to drop their price to a reasonable one
    Now would be a really cool time for the aforementioned shamanism trance message pertinent to an event, what with a weather-effecting event happening!
    Add a way for gods to post a reason for their favours/disfavours, so if you wake up and get a favour from someone, you can find out why without asking them.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    FAINTRUEFAVOUR SHADDUS 12 because he brought me the corpses of merians and danced on them.
    ISUNEHIGHFAVOUR ENTRIAS 36 offerings
    ZVOLTZTRUEFAVOUR ENTRIAS 1 because pie
  • Ability to GUILD SKILLS flexed members would be great.
    I know this was mentioned a few pages back but I'd like to doubly request a PILOT CAPTAINSLOG function for owners of aethercraft, so that they can see the last 10 actions of the pilot's chair please.

I cannot emphasise how much of a help this would be in dealing with the little bastard who keeps leaving travelships stranded god knows where and doesn't bring them home or tell anyone about them.

• Small request for a change to how gmcp.Room is dealt with. It seems that in Lusternia, gmcp.Room.Players is sent before gmcp.Room.Info. While I have managed to code around the problem, could the two change places, please?