Thank yous and 'Thank yous'.

Made this thread to show appreciation for any new (or old) additions to the game and give thanks...or give 'thanks' for any such.

- A bit late, but I'd like to give a thank you to Eventru for his work on the Family system. Has a lot of different elements to it.

- I'd like to give a 'Thank you' to Iosai for the irksome weather system that makes me want to stab a clown -,-.

- A thank you to whichever admin up there is possessing the slum-dwellers when I berate them!

- A 'thank you' to whomever believes coding 'secret passage' areas is a good idea -,- .

- Bit late but a 'thank you' to Elostian for all his puzzle areas.

- Thank you to @Altrea for taking the time out to organize an event for year 400 (I'm still waiting admin. It's year 400, do something -,-)

Comments

• A thank you to everyone involved in all the little fixes, those quality of life improvements that make the life of players young and old so much better. If I had to pick a favourite, it'd probably still be the liquid rift.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'd like to thank all of the gods who I've dealt with ingame at length. Special thanks go to @Mysrai for putting up with my bitchiness IC and OOC, @Lyreth and @Fain for being amazing all around, @Crumkane for your short but sweet (no pun intended, but I'll take it anyway) time and letting me help with the order, @Terentia for both your ego battles with Shaddus and your utterly amazing friendship with Pesukaru, and especially @Isune who ended up surpassing Fain as my favorite divine. It took a lot of hard work, but you made it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Lavinya said:
    Even when I'm called a hamster (I'm looking at you, @Isune)
    To be fair, you did bring a hamster into the Fulcrux, wheel and all. How curious that you assume this greeting was aimed at a lost viscanti and not her furry friend! ;)
  • Whoever made the Maeve Gardens is the best e-text artist ever! It's by far my favorite quest/area. So thanks.

Mayleas 1 and 2. Both of you were amazing.

My biggest Lusternia thank you is for everybody who started out in the Moondancers over the past six years and stuck around. (even if everybody abandons the guild eventually -sniffle-). I can't even describe how many hours I've put into doing nothing else but teaching people how to play, answering the same questions over and over and over again. Every single time one of you makes a name for yourself, whether it's VA, or as political leader, or you win a prestige contest, or win Seals or etc. etc. etc. whatever, no matter what it is I still get super excited. Those are the kinds of things that make being a teacher all so worth it, even if this is just a game. :)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Thank you @Ieptix for showing that you're listening to us and adding in good suggested ideas to the game to make it more user friendly.

I think Mountain Observe and showing all the alias names you can use to interact with a mob are my favorite.

+1
  • Thank you to whomever coded in the ability to check/interact with same named items (like 1.robes, 2.robes, 3.robes) as well as whomever made the HERE command able to target the thing in the room. Makes life a whole lot easier.
  • A thank you to the admin who was possessing Brultk this night. I greatly enjoyed interacting with you, and it was my first real interaction with an admin. I'm loving with time in Lusternia so far, due to the event and the common interaction that you guys have so quickly after my joining only a few days ago. Your community and game is great, and I think I've finally found the IRE game for me.
  • Thank you to @Drocilla for making the bone shard mini-quest and the great history lessons we received through them.
  • Thank you at the person responsible for the wreaths, I love stuff like that
    Thank you @Estarra for getting rid of the mushrooms
    Thank you whoever is possessing Adasser lately, it is hilarious. I suspect @Lisaera
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Echoing what others said, thank you for the many many NPC interactions! While great big events like the Avu Ascension or the year-end events are great, it really is the little encounters that make the game deep and enjoyable--a few flirty words from Adasser, a small thing with Eurytus, playing tag with the colts, Abeytu being extra grumpy. They make the world live!

Though a NOT thank you to whomever ruined my theory that the Serenguard tribal cry is old centaur :P . New plan!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Thank you to the lovely northerners who have been doing big astral bashes lately. They're great. So you're great by virtue of making great things happen. Which is great.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • edited January 2015
    I love that there are still hidden treasures of code out there that can be tapped into for interesting reactions. I'm thankful these little things are kept and it shows me there is always something more out there in lusternia to discover. Thank you for this.

P.S: Do not read the ancient poem of Gorgaliel to Nifilhema. She's still not over it >>
    b-(
    If you ever get bored, get a bucket of water and pour it on the statue of Morgfyre in the Atropos Plaza.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    If you ever get bored, get a bucket of water and pour it on the statue of Morgfyre in the Atropos Plaza.
    You empty out a bucket on top of the august statue of Morgfyre, the Legion, covering it in water.
    The water washes the august statue of Morgfyre, the Legion clean, the benevolent face of the Elder
    God smiling radiantly down at you.

You know I was actually holding my breath expecting an instant smackdown from the statue. ><
    Nah. Fain used to have an ambient where Makfir would come piss on the statue and leave.