I Hear Voices in My Head

I may be the only one, but, I love to imagine every person I see in game as a tangible being. So far as to imagine their voice, so... what do you sound like? What do you imagine other characters sound like?
The playa you love to hate

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Subotai sounds like Marcus from Borderlands.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited December 2014
    @Mysrai sounds like Gregorian chanting
    The playa you love to hate
  • edited December 2014
    I imagine Xeltha's voice as soft-spoken and warm most of the time, frequently dipping in to genuine passion when she's excited about something or talking about something she loves.

I'm not sure of a character off of the top of my head. Think... Jenny, from the game The Darkness.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Tremula sounds like Oichi from Sengoku Basara.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I think I've answered this before but, I imagine Cthazoth to sound like Bertram Tung from Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Just a bit... hissier?
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • Marcella sounds like Avatar Korra.

Kelly sounds like Olivier Armstrong.

I don't know about Bandeon. I want to say Craig Ferguson, but I imagine his accent being a lot less educated than that.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited December 2014
    For Tark, Michael Clark Duncan.
    Shuyin said:

Foghorn Leghorn

I just snorted Pepsi out of my nose at work. DAMN YOU.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I think I've claimed both Data and Captain Picard as Dar's spirit voices, but I'm retconning.

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Steadily approaching Abathur.
  • Are you sure @Kelly isn't Femshep?

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Maligorn said:
    Are you sure @Kelly isn't Femshep?
    I thought that one was me in full renegade mode. >.> <.<

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Portius sounds like Cato from HBO's Rome. He's got that old but not senile thank you very much voice,
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.

• Portius said:
    Portius sounds like Cato from HBO's Rome. He's got that old but not senile thank you very much voice,
    Now that you mention it, I hear Portius as the ever sarcastic Posca.

Kaalak doesn't have a voice really. Neither do I visualize him with a specific form. 

• I'm pretty sure that @Lisaera sounds like Galadriel.

Arien is kind of like Ygritte from Game of Thrones.

@Selenity reminds me of Daeynrs.

@Everiine, the closest I can think of is Gandalf.

Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Hopefully Gandalf the Grey! Except when he's angry, then he goes all Gandalf the White on people.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • @Selenity actually speaks just like Kotoni Mitsuishi in my head. :D Every chance she gets, there's another reference.

We just see her subtitles.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Riluna said:
    @Selenity actually speaks just like Kotoni Mitsuishi in my head. :D Every chance she gets, there's another reference.

We just see her subtitles.
    I try REALLY REALLY hard to make sure I continuously sound like Kotoni Mituishi and not any of the English voice actors. I'm glad you're able to pick it up. :D
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I've never really thought about my own character, but voice is something that isn't constant for characters in my head. It's more like the same collection of voices is shared by everyone and their intonation/style changes with the situation/mood. Many of these voices come from The Muppet Show, ie, anyone roleplaying a thick accent inevitably becomes the swedish chef, while people shouting copiously back and forth eventually turn into Statler and Waldorf. That sort of thing.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal

Vivet said:
    Many of these voices come from The Muppet Show, ie, anyone roleplaying a thick accent inevitably becomes the swedish chef, while people shouting copiously back and forth eventually turn into Statler and Waldorf. That sort of thing.
    Does this mean there are multiple Miss Piggies?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Enya is partially modeled after Meryl Streep's character in Doubt, so I guess she sounds kind of like that.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited December 2014
    But actually guys if you listen to Arun Rath on NPR at his most mellow and matter-of-fact, that's Daraius. Listen to him on All Things Considered and imagine it's a Year In Review.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Swiftly now! (I imagine Lavinya sounds something like Ashe, maybe.)

• John Houseman from his Smith Barney days.
    </RANT>
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Maligorn said:
    I like to think Maligorn is a male Lissandra, but he might just be Teemo.
    Nah man, totally Rumble.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Xaldrin is Warwick and Eri is Taric?
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Pretty sure I've posted this before, but I stand by it still. I imagine Turnus sounding like Tom Waits.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Shaddus said:
    Xaldrin is Warwick and Eri is Taric?
    Naaah, Taric sounds too old. I also do not endorse Xaldrick, too growly and cliche! I quite like the old Nasus for Xaldrin, though.

Eriiii, hrmm, hrrrrrmm...his voice is hard to place, for me. Meh.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."