Simple questions?

Comments

• Lehki said:
    Tylwyth said:
    Lehki said:
    What do Celestines' holy symbol look like? Have not been able to catch a celestine at the odd hours I can log in
    So, I know there are people who have records of their descriptions. Perhaps one of them could hook you up?

That's what I was hoping for by asking here, yes. /sass

@Annick I'm assuming that's it, so thanks! Though looking at it I'm now wondering do the symbols/image change depending on your pledge?

Yes they change... that is of course Razzy deep pledge
  • Annick said:
    Lehki said:
    Tylwyth said:
    Lehki said:
    What do Celestines' holy symbol look like? Have not been able to catch a celestine at the odd hours I can log in
    So, I know there are people who have records of their descriptions. Perhaps one of them could hook you up?

That's what I was hoping for by asking here, yes. /sass

@Annick I'm assuming that's it, so thanks! Though looking at it I'm now wondering do the symbols/image change depending on your pledge?

Yes they change... that is of course Razzy deep pledge
    I see, cool.

Don't suppose you or anybody has the other pledges? :o 
  • Q: Do you need to have a tradeskill to own a cartel and submit designs for it? Relatedly, can you design things that are above your skill level?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Versalean said:
    Q: Do you need to have a tradeskill to own a cartel and submit designs for it? Relatedly, can you design things that are above your skill level?
    No and yes. The only potential caveat is with org cartels. Being active in an org cartel requires having that skill active, so you can only contest for Trademaster while you have that skill active. Not sure if that changed recently, but I think it still works that way.

Private cartels totally work without tying you to having the trade, though. The bigger issue is learning how to find/perform relevant operations with all the design syntaxes.

• Are pantographs loanable or do they only work for the owner?
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Anita said:
    Are pantographs loanable or do they only work for the owner?
    borrowed one many times. just a challenge to find someone who has them.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    <---
  • Got two questions actually:
    • I'm a Shadowdancer, using the Night discipline. Plenty of abilities seem require to be in a coven to be effective. Is there a way to see active covens?
    • My other question is about mentoring. I don't have a mentor. Is it preferable to have one?

• Covens are formed on the spot, very much like squads. Its not so much a matter of joining an existing coven as much as comandeering other Gloms to form one when you need it.

There are some marginal benefits to having a mentor related to bashing with them and splitting xp, but thats it for the mentee. The mentor gets some bonus credits the first few times you purchase some, though.
  • edited February 2018
    nvm
  • Could the ability to citizen be bumped up to like, rank five or six?
  • Is there any way to see who someone is if they're wearing both a mask and a stole? 
  • They appear in that one window. On the upper right "Room Info"...
    At least for me.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Mrak said:
    Is there any way to see who someone is if they're wearing both a mask and a stole? 
    Not sure about masks, but WHO HERE definitely cuts through stoles.
  • What are masses of tentacles? I've been killed multiple times by those mobs as they seem way stronger than the other creatures in the area they were in. Is there a way to avoid them?
  • Unfortunately, WHO HERE returns "a masked (whatever)". @Tylwyth are you talking about the thing for nexus? I'm hoping there's a solution for mudlet.

It's also my understanding that I have no way of targeting them if I am in this situation. This leads to the awkward case when I'm standing there looking at an intruder in my city, but can't attack them because of this weird configuration of artifacts. 
    Liray said:
    What are masses of tentacles? I've been killed multiple times by those mobs as they seem way stronger than the other creatures in the area they were in. Is there a way to avoid them?
    During the time of ascension ( as, e. g. right now, usually between february and march from my experience ), individuals are passing challenges which nine of us are getting each a seal for being a winner of such a challenge. Those who do, will get chased by a set of three mobs which randomly spawn around them ( mass of tentacles, disembodied tongues, eyeballs ). The ones holding a medallion will one hit these things easily, other demigods should have no problems with them. In essence it means that a sealbearer has been very sloppy in their task. I kind of feel like they shouldn't be attacking newish players, though.
  • Liray said:
    What are masses of tentacles? I've been killed multiple times by those mobs as they seem way stronger than the other creatures in the area they were in. Is there a way to avoid them?
    They are SOulless minions of like, 

Kethuru

Unfortunately, they will keep spawning until we can renew the seals with a mortal Ascension.
    I wouldn't mind taking you around though, when I am on. 
    @Mrak, I guess? 
    Did you try a scent arti? 

• edited February 2018
    Scent also returns "a masked (whatever)"

Edit: the one time this happened in Mag I had the benefit of the stole being pretty org specific, and I scried until I found out it was someone who was fine to be standing in the city. But if someone rolled up in a simulacrum skin with a mask, I don't know what I'd do.
    Mrak said:
    Scent also returns "a masked (whatever)"

Edit: the one time this happened in Mag I had the benefit of the stole being pretty org specific, and I scried until I found out it was someone who was fine to be standing in the city. But if someone rolled up in a simulacrum skin with a mask, I don't know what I'd do.
    personally I've not found any way past this artifact in any way, shape or form, aside of guessing the person who it is and randomly scrying people like you did. You can't target them by race name or anything else as far as I am ware in any case. :(
  • Giant spam kick alias
  • Is there a weapon that's better/similar to the newbie claymore? 
    Mine is slowly running out of usefulness time.
    (Also thanks for the previous answers to my questions! )
    Liray said:
    Is there a weapon that's better/similar to the newbie claymore? 
    Mine is slowly running out of usefulness time.
    (Also thanks for the previous answers to my questions! )
    That depends on your class. Your class usually has at least one bashing / hunting attack to offer not all of them are weapons, though. Let it be said though that a lot of us have before been concerned about the strength of the newbie claymore, though.
  • Aeldra said:
    That depends on your class. Your class usually has at least one bashing / hunting attack to offer not all of them are weapons, though. Let it be said though that a lot of us have before been concerned about the strength of the newbie claymore, though.
    As a shadowdancer I was told Nightgraze or Nightkiss were effective for hunting  (if I recall correctly )but I'm quite far from unlocking those so I was checking if a weapon could do the trick ^^
    Liray said:
    Aeldra said:
    As a shadowdancer I was told Nightgraze or Nightkiss were effective for hunting  (if I recall correctly )but I'm quite far from unlocking those so I was checking if a weapon could do the trick ^^
    Ah! yes, any forger can make you a weapon and you can 'swing' it like the newbie claymore. It just isn't going to be super effective, but it should work till you can unlock nightgraze/nightkiss.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited February 2018
    Wiccans also get an athame and can use that too, it should be better for you than trying to use a weapon as a non-warrior (NATURE CURSE).  The more Wicca you learn, the more damage it should do as well.

Nightkiss / nightgaze will generally be better than it in the long run except for things that are quite weak to Magic damage, though.

Edit:
    > nature/talisman <

Syntax: NATURE TALISMAN

NATURE CURSE <target>

Damage Type: 100% Magic Can Target Denizens

For those who travel nature's path, it is very important to wield a sacred talisman. If you take the wicca path, nature will gift you a mystic athame dagger, and if you take the path of the druid, she will grant you a sacred golden sickle. The talismans have a special attack.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Liray said:
    Aeldra said:
    Apart from what @Xenthos said about the nature talisman (which is very, very useful!) Trader Bob also offers a large selection of wares at his shoppe on Avechna's Peak. Longswords, maces, and things I can't even remember well right now; all at (comparatively expensive but well worth investment due to longer decay times) fairly low prices for a novice explorer. As Aeldra said, the newbie claymore is a bit...OP, to be honest, so it will be hard to get something quite as strong (unless you snatch it from the hands of another novice).
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • @Liray If you make and wield a talisman as Xenthos suggested. you can just Attack <target>

• Tremula is correct, the newbie claymores are specially made to be weirdly good so that newbies don't have to think about what attack to use when first starting out.