Simple questions?

1143144146148149153

Comments

  • EjderhaEjderha Member Posts: 177 Gifted
    Aeldra said:
    Mrak said:
    Scent also returns "a masked (whatever)"

    Edit: the one time this happened in Mag I had the benefit of the stole being pretty org specific, and I scried until I found out it was someone who was fine to be standing in the city. But if someone rolled up in a simulacrum skin with a mask, I don't know what I'd do.
    personally I've not found any way past this artifact in any way, shape or form, aside of guessing the person who it is and randomly scrying people like you did. You can't target them by race name or anything else as far as I am ware in any case. :(
    Have you tried the Pet Collection Birds power? Says it shows persons in the area and bypasses masking effects.
  • MoiMoi Member Posts: 1,191 Transcendent
    Mrak said:
    Scent also returns "a masked (whatever)"

    Edit: the one time this happened in Mag I had the benefit of the stole being pretty org specific, and I scried until I found out it was someone who was fine to be standing in the city. But if someone rolled up in a simulacrum skin with a mask, I don't know what I'd do.
    If you do LOOK A; LOOK B; LOOK C, etc. you'll eventually get the first letter of their name. If that's not enough to narrow it down, you can then do LOOK KA; LOOK KB; LOOK KC; etc. to get the next letter until you figure out who it is.

    (more generally, the marauder's mask is an excellent example of the sort of artifact that shouldn't really exist, imo)
  • SteingrimSteingrim Member Posts: 897 Fabled
    Moi said:

    (more generally, the marauder's mask is an excellent example of the sort of artifact that shouldn't really exist, imo)
    I disagree. They can't take an aggressive action without revealing themselves. 
    You tell Wyrden Ravager Tarken, "Come to Gaudiguch. I'll give you the title of Grand Moth."
    Eyes peering skywards as he thinks, Ironbeard the Magnanimous says to Sksez, "Welll, on my gooD lis *hic* t, we have....Stei *hic* ng *hic* rim.U..Xypherv....Luu *hic* hghaigh *hic* hhe....Breandryn....."
  • MrakMrak Member Posts: 232 Master
    But again, it can make you (nearly) impossible to target, despite them being in your room. That does not seem like the intended effect of the artifact.

    I'm fine with the masking effect generally. I just think this feature should have a simple counterplay. Being able to target "human" or "masked" or something else would be fine. 

    And yeah, I though about coding up something that would kick all the demigods I have in my nameDB or something, since that would likely cover anyone who has a mask. Cycling through first/second letters would work too. 


  • MoiMoi Member Posts: 1,191 Transcendent
    Steingrim said:
    Moi said:

    (more generally, the marauder's mask is an excellent example of the sort of artifact that shouldn't really exist, imo)
    I disagree. They can't take an aggressive action without revealing themselves. 
    My problem with it is that it's essentially a just a coding hurdle. It only hides you from people who A] don't care, or B] haven't coded something to do perform the necessary check. It's my same problem Blizzard in Aeromancy; it either blocks your map or gets ignored entirely based on whether or not you happen to have a client-side automapper. Which is a dumb balance point.
  • AnitaAnita Member Posts: 801 Transcendent
    Is there a way to trade-in the artifact garden for manses??
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight Member Posts: 1,166 Transcendent
    Anita said:
    Is there a way to trade-in the artifact garden for manses??
    manse tradein <item>

    not working?
    Avatar / Picture done by Xeii. Wheeeeee 
  • AnitaAnita Member Posts: 801 Transcendent
    Aeldra said:
    Anita said:
    Is there a way to trade-in the artifact garden for manses??
    manse tradein <item>

    not working?
    Sadly not, it just says endurance and willpower items can only be traded in - and there's not artifact number for the garden. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 6,011 Transcendent
    Manse artifacts cannot be refunded.  They can be traded however (regular artifacts cannot be traded but can get a refund).

    So your only real option is to sell the manse with the garden in it to someone else... but there may be other things in that manse that you want to keep, in which case you are stuck with the garden.  You could go stick it in an out of the way / hidden room (closed and locked door for example) to get "rid" of it.
    image
  • AnitaAnita Member Posts: 801 Transcendent
    Xenthos said:
    Manse artifacts cannot be refunded.  They can be traded however (regular artifacts cannot be traded but can get a refund).

    So your only real option is to sell the manse with the garden in it to someone else... but there may be other things in that manse that you want to keep, in which case you are stuck with the garden.  You could go stick it in an out of the way / hidden room (closed and locked door for example) to get "rid" of it.
    Ahh, sadness. Thanks though! I'll just design a garden room, 'twill be grand.
  • LirayLiray Member Posts: 15 Novice
    Is there a way to keep wafers for a long time? They tend to decay so fast that I forget that I don't have any when I resume playing.

  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight Member Posts: 1,166 Transcendent
    edited February 18
    Liray said:
    Is there a way to keep wafers for a long time? They tend to decay so fast that I forget that I don't have any when I resume playing.

    purity dust wavers? you can inrift them! things in your rift don't decay and all curatives are riftable either in your liquid or normal rift. You need a small amount of planar skill to access those rifts though.

    try:

    INR everything OR INR wafer

    also, SSC will automatically eat wafers from your rift.
    Avatar / Picture done by Xeii. Wheeeeee 
  • EnadonellaEnadonella Member Posts: 325 Expert
    Why do Charites return designs only to have you revert them back to how you originally wrote them? I just had them ask me to change a comma to a semicolon, and then had it sent back asking for that to be changed back to a comma. Why? Can this be fixed? It happens a bit.
  • EnyaEnya Member Posts: 203 Adept
    Multiple reviewers with differing editorial opinions.
  • NaevariNaevari Member Posts: 42 Capable
    If a monk uses one arm action in a form to raze a shield, but the other two actions are stopped by stancing, do they progress to the next Kata stance?
  • EjderhaEjderha Member Posts: 177 Gifted
    Naevari said:
    If a monk uses one arm action in a form to raze a shield, but the other two actions are stopped by stancing, do they progress to the next Kata stance?
    Yes, it does. The stance calculation and hemo calculation show before the raze action. If you miss with your first action and hit with the second, the stance progression and hemo happen after the miss, before the hit. I tested to confirm:

    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/Ta_7AcZN
  • NaevariNaevari Member Posts: 42 Capable
    Ejderha said:
    Naevari said:
    If a monk uses one arm action in a form to raze a shield, but the other two actions are stopped by stancing, do they progress to the next Kata stance?
    Yes, it does. The stance calculation and hemo calculation show before the raze action. If you miss with your first action and hit with the second, the stance progression and hemo happen after the miss, before the hit. I tested to confirm:

    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/Ta_7AcZN
    Thanks, @Ejderha!
  • NaevariNaevari Member Posts: 42 Capable
    Also, if a form has no Surge High or Killer component, does it default to the Surge Low version when going into Surge High or Killer? And I assume if that's the case, then it must conversely default to the Surge High version if you're going into Surge Low or Killer and there are no versions of the form created for those stances?
  • DeichtineDeichtine Member Posts: 1,632 Transcendent
    Defaults to low but you can change that with KA DEFAULTHIGH <ON/OFF>

    Took us ages to remember that command. Its all in ab forms though.

  • NaevariNaevari Member Posts: 42 Capable
    Veyils said:
    Defaults to low but you can change that with KA DEFAULTHIGH <ON/OFF>

    Took us ages to remember that command. Its all in ab forms though.

    Thanks, Veyils - I appreciate the response - but I guess what I'm asking is more what if I use a form going into Surge High stance that only has actions defined for Base and Surge Low? Does it use the Base version or the Surge Low version?
  • DeichtineDeichtine Member Posts: 1,632 Transcendent
    Ahh I get you, yes if you make one form and fill in surgelow stuff and leave surgehigh blank if you do:

    kata perform me testform high then it'll still put you into the surgehigh form assuming that all actions are doable in that form and I honestly cant think of a single monk action that requires you being in high or low so it all should work.

  • NaevariNaevari Member Posts: 42 Capable
    Veyils said:
    Ahh I get you, yes if you make one form and fill in surgelow stuff and leave surgehigh blank if you do:

    kata perform me testform high then it'll still put you into the surgehigh form assuming that all actions are doable in that form and I honestly cant think of a single monk action that requires you being in high or low so it all should work.

    Thanks. And I guess the same thing should work for Killer no matter whether it's defined for High or Low?
  • DeichtineDeichtine Member Posts: 1,632 Transcendent
    Yea stances that dont have a high or low, Base, Center and Killer it doesnt matter if you append high or low to the end of the command.

    You can just spam kata perform me testform high and it'll move you from base/twisthigh/center/surgehigh/killer
  • RheumRheum Member Posts: 1 Inept
    How do monks reliably get to elemental/cosmic planes? I've always played either mage or guardian so it never even occurred to me that other classes can't just use their nexus.
  • StratasStratas Member Posts: 376 Mythical
    If you can't get a ride up, and if your org doesn't have a construct in the nexus world that takes you to cosmic/elemental, then you might have to resort to using regular gates. There's a gate in Tolborolla usually that gets you to Faethorn, and then you can use archways to get to elemental. From there, you can use CosmicGate at your nexus to get to cosmic (or at any nexus if you have that skill in planar as well).

    Beyond that, if you're willing to shell out, the Rune of Planar Mastery lets you use any nexus to travel to any plane connected to that nexus. It's only 100crs.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • ElironEliron Member Posts: 173 Expert
    For the Beauty Seal, is the midnight Feb 25 deadline the midnight it turns Feb 25 (ie, about 5 hours) or midnight at the end of Feb 25 (29 hours)?

    *stares at cartel willing submission to be approved*
  • CharitesCharites Member, Gods Posts: 11 Divine
    Eliron said:
    For the Beauty Seal, is the midnight Feb 25 deadline the midnight it turns Feb 25 (ie, about 5 hours) or midnight at the end of Feb 25 (29 hours)?

    *stares at cartel willing submission to be approved*
    The deadline is at midnight on the 25th in GMT, which means a little over four hours from the time of this posting. Technically, midnight at the end of the 25th would be the 26th. We are, as always, working to ensure that last minute designs are process as swiftly as possible in this eleventh hour.

    Whilst We are here, We would like to note that the fastest way to alert Us to a query is to message us in-game, not to post on the forums.
  • AnitaAnita Member Posts: 801 Transcendent
    I have a normal trade, the demigod power of 2nd trade - if I buy an Endowment of the Arts, does this stack so I would have 3 trades active?
  • DeichtineDeichtine Member Posts: 1,632 Transcendent
    Anita said:
    I have a normal trade, the demigod power of 2nd trade - if I buy an Endowment of the Arts, does this stack so I would have 3 trades active?
    yes it stacks.
  • JaspetJaspet Member Posts: 59 Apprentice
    And if you win beauty, in theory you can have up to four!
Sign In or Register to comment.