Simple questions?

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited November 2015
    No, influence attacks have always been able to miss, based on prestige and resistance. The recent change is that now players will be informed of when it misses or hits instead of having no idea the mechanic existed. Some of the ABs that mentioned making attacks stronger when they actually made them miss less (like all of the dramatics abilities) have been updated. 

But good slam.
  • Enyalida said:
    No, influence attacks have always been able to miss, based on prestige and resistance. The recent change is that now players will be informed of when it misses or hits instead of having no idea the mechanic existed. Some of the ABs that mentioned making attacks stronger when they actually made them miss less (like all of the dramatics abilities) have been updated. 

But good slam.
    Thanks for explaining. Next time, try that in the first place.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Actually, next time I'll just not answer you and you'll have to find the updated helps yourself. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ladies, ladies. You're both pretty.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
  • Is Iriki the Lord Predators pet or Son?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited November 2015
    Before Avechna the Avenger.
    Avechna the Avenger towers before you, radiating a powerful aura.
    You see exits leading east and down.
    Bexk-
    An aslaran pilgrim says, "Oh, I thank you, Tylwyth! You have been most kind to lead the 20 of us up 
    the peak. Here, please take this small amount of gold as a gesture of our thanks."
    The group of 20 pilgrims gathers, offering their thanks and giving you several small bags of gold 
    before departing to the alcoves for private meditations.
    You have completed the pilgrim challenge for five days out of five.
    Congratulations! You have completed the consecutive pilgrim challenge for the thirty-ninth time!
    The blessing of Avechna falls upon you as thanks for assisting wandering mortals in their pilgrimage.

What, exactly, is that? I checked me DEF and it's not showing up as, say, an ego/health/mana blessing, for instance...
    .. and it's not changing my stats that I can tell....

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    That should show up under BODYSCAN VITALS FULL. It's very small, like 1/4. Chances are you have an equivalent buff already so it doesn't actually have an effect on you.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Ah, I'll check next time. Thanks.

• Could we have BODYSCAN PRESTIGE?

Or at least have a list of how strong things are now that increase prestige?

• MoiMoi
    edited November 2015
    Is there a way to get to 10/10 Influence Bonus currently pre-artifact? So far I have

Charismatic Aura: 3/10
    Wetfold Origami: 1/8
    Influence Beast: 1/6
    Tattoo: 1/5
    Influence Oil: 1/6

which only goes up to 7

Overhaul Gear is supposed to have Influence Gear at 1/6 (or maybe 2/6 if you use two slots?) but even that would only go up to 8 or 9. What else is there?

E: Influence Beasts
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    **************************[ Bodyscan - Resistances ]***************************
    Stat         Effect                                  Value   Max
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Universal    Wetfold charm                           1       8
    Universal    Most honourable family                  1       10
    Universal    Charismatic aura                        3       10
                   Total (including universal)           5

Empower      Tattoo                                  1       5
    Empower      Dragon's blood oil                      1       6
    Empower      Beast influence                         1       8
    Empower      Loboshigaru                             2       8
    Empower      Artifact rune                           3       13
                   Total (including universal)           13

Racial buff and join d'Murani.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited November 2015
    Quietmind is 3/10 too!

For example, here's mine:

**************************[ Bodyscan - Resistances ]***************************
    Stat         Effect                                  Value   Max
    Universal    Charismatic aura                        3       10
    Universal    Quiet mind                              3       10
                   Total (including universal)           6

Seduction    Beast influence                         1       8
    Seduction    Artifact rune                           3       13
                   Total (including universal)           10

Empower      Beast influence                         1       8
    Empower      Artifact rune                           3       13

Weaken       Beast influence                         1       8
    Weaken       Artifact rune                           3       13

Charity      Beast influence                         1       8
    Charity      Artifact rune                           3       13

Paranoid     Beast influence                         1       8
    Paranoid     Artifact rune                           3       13

*******************************************************************************

Room for wetfolds, some of the new slot gear, tattoos, or perfume to cap it out.  I think it's intentionally made to be difficult to reach the cap though.
  • Another question:

Artifact rune on a non-enchantable piece of jewelry. Does it actually become enchantable, as the help file indicates? If so, with which effects?
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    How long can I keep my retired influence runes for? I want to wait and see how much the slot robe runes will be, before I buy any new influence runes. And don't want to just trade them in, or my jewelry will start decaying.

• Daraius said:
    That should show up under BODYSCAN VITALS FULL. It's very small, like 1/4. Chances are you have an equivalent buff already so it doesn't actually have an effect on you.
    -bodyscan vitals full
    *****************************[ Bodyscan - Vitals ]*****************************
    Stat         Effect                                  Value   Max 
    Health       Health blessing                         1       4
                   Total                                 1

Mana         Minor mana blessing                     1       2
    Mana         Mana blessing                           1       4
    Mana         Communing                               5       10
                   Total                                 7

Ego          Minor ego blessing                      1       2
    Ego          Magnetism                               1       4
                   Total                                 2

*******************************************************************************
    So, I think the mana blessing is from Avechna, but what's the Magnetism from? 

• Magnetism's in Influence, between wheedling and conspiracies.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Oh duh!
    Thank you!

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I am a little confused, I thought hair curios were supposed to buff influencing? still not seeing them in any bodyscan. :-/
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Aeldra said:
    I am a little confused, I thought hair curios were supposed to buff influencing? still not seeing them in any bodyscan. :-/
    They buff your prestige.
  • Shedrin said:
    Aeldra said:
    They buff your prestige.
    Prestige is seen in the Stat box, between rooting and warmth in the left column.
    Tailor's can do a thing to clothes to lengthen there durantion, but it makes them frayed and bleh looking. So, for charity, you want the frayed shabby clothes, and no jewellry, for othertypes you want lots of jewely and better looking clothes.

• ZacZac
    edited November 2015
    Tylwyth said:
    Prestige is seen in the Stat box, between rooting and warmth in the left column.
    Tailor's can do a thing to clothes to lengthen there durantion, but it makes them frayed and bleh looking. So, for charity, you want the frayed shabby clothes, and no jewellry, for othertypes you want lots of jewely and better looking clothes.

Is it possible to have clothes made that would work excellently for charity influencing?

• edited November 2015
    I've heard of "negative" prestige but dont' want to act like an expert here. To my knowledge yes, I don't know(or can't remember) the term for the clothes, let me check, ah here it is:

Mending

Syntax:
    MEND <clothes>

For a small gold outlay, you can mend clothing and make it almost as good as new. However, each time you mend an article of clothing, its prestige will drop lower and lower, until eventually it will drop to a negative prestige and become tattered rags. It should be noted that those with clothing of a negative prestige will perform better in a charity ego battle.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

So, yes. Just ask around for "tattered rags" or a tailor willing to make you some. Never heard of them being in a shop, but I haven't really looked either....

• When you mend certain clothes, and they turn out tawdry, shabby, pathetic, etc. those can be worn for negative prestige.

It takes rl months to make them, since you have to wait for them to decay down below 25 months before they can be mended. Also, not all clothing will turn tawdry, etc. when you mend it. Accessories work best.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    The easy (expensive) way is to buy the 100-dingbat scarecrow hat, which, when worn, makes none of your clothes with positive prestige count for influencing.

• I have heard that clothing gives a prestige score up to 100. Does clothing made by the 'Beauteous Workings' Ascendant Power allow you to go above 100?
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.
  • Qistrel said:
    The easy (expensive) way is to buy the 100-dingbat scarecrow hat, which, when worn, makes none of your clothes with positive prestige count for influencing.
    That will only give you neutral prestige. You need the scarecrow hat + lots of tawdry clothing to be at your best for charity influencing.
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.
  • Talan said:
    When you mend certain clothes, and they turn out tawdry, shabby, pathetic, etc. those can be worn for negative prestige.

It takes rl months to make them, since you have to wait for them to decay down below 25 months before they can be mended. Also, not all clothing will turn tawdry, etc. when you mend it. Accessories work best.
    Thanks, sounds like I maybe want to get an outfit planned and let it sit. They can mended ad infinitum, right?
  • For the aetherepic - what are the bubbles you get access to for each side of the epic?
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Gnome side is Facility, Bottledowns, Crum, and Frosticia

Gnafia side is Facility, Cankermore, Dramube and Mucklemarsh

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.