Simple questions?

Comments

• Why can't you be a volunteer admin in another IRE if you want to be an Ephemeral here?

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I think it has to do with time requirements.
  • Zeleni said:
    Why can't you be a volunteer admin in another IRE if you want to be an Ephemeral here?
    We need you pure and unsullied by other games.

I don't really know the official answer, but in my own experience I can't imagine having the time to be an admin on two games (even when I had a lot more free time than I do now).

• Stratas said:

Tylwyth said:
    Iari said:
    Is there a list somewhere of what creatures Bollikin created, and by extension what races furrikin can be?

Or does someone know?
    It's deliberately kept vague. Basically smaller mammals are popular(badgers, squirrels, skunks, bunnies...) but mini-Tae-Dae's happen and stuff. THeir players usually avoid canine and feline appearances as we have other races for that.

But as long as you have fir, I'm not sure many people will complain.....
    Mini-tae'dae happen because Bolli and Tae were bros. *fistbump*

As for the fur part of furrikin:
    Tomtom Hardshell is a male furrikin who has no fur. Instead, he has a hard shell like a tortoise that covers his back. A pair of small, gold spectacles rests on his nose and, though his shell acts as his clothing, he wears a prim, white apron over it. His hands are small boned and long-fingered which helps him craft the fine and delicate jewelry. He works slowly but surely on his latest piece.

So, apparently Bolli created turtles and tortoise, too. Likewise, I know one creature Bollikin explicitly made that I've never seen a furrikin of before (has anyone?): Rockeaters! Imagine how cute that would be.
    I knew about Tomtom Hardshell, but there are still a lot of animals left unaccounted for. Like, what's the biggest animal Bollikin created? Are there ferret and rat-kin somewhere? Or going larger say a wolverine-kin?

I understand that it's been deliberately left vague, and I do love all the little fox/squirrel/raccoon/skunk-kin out there, I've just found myself wondering what the limits of furrikin are.
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    @Luce has gained acceptance as some kind of weird jade dragonfox, which I find more plausible than hair trill, boob dracnari, or flesh lobos.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • How about we not invoke boob dracnari. That description still gives me the shivers :(

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Daraius said:
    @Luce has gained acceptance as some kind of weird jade dragonfox, which I find more plausible than hair trill, boob dracnari, or flesh lobos.
    To be clear, Luce himself considers this a mutation or a manipulation rather than him just naturally being a jade dragonfox (His parents were regular-kin, haven't decided what) somewhat akin to a jackalope or woppeltinger.  This and other things led to rural smalltown furrikids being rural smalltown kids, which caused more than a few problems in his past. So caveat emptor.

On the point of what-kin there are, we know for sure about hedgehogs, skunks, foxes, badgers, turtles, rabbits/hares, squirrels, bears, and I'm pretty sure there were explicit mentions of housecat and canine furrikin. I've had a bat before, which only had a couple of raised eyebrows due to bats being corrupted bluejays (I think?) and a lot of non-standard critters are creations of Bollikin. Essentially, if it could reasonably be seen following a Disney Princess around, it's cool.

On the other hand, most of the colourful birds, insects, scorpions, crocodiles, spiders, stags, horses, wolves, bears, etc. were explicitly made by other Gods and should probably be scrutinised before selection. I think the only reason Taekin exist is the love that dares not speak its name between Tae and Bollikin, similar to how Loboshi splintered into Volkh's wolves.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Acceptance by your dear great-granddog, I meant. Who cares about those backwards yokels in Estelbar.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited November 2015

--------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • I just noticed that you can't apply salves to a specific leg or arm. APPLY HEALTH/MENDING/REGENERATION TO LEFT LEG will not work, syntax has to be LEGS.

Is this a recent change?

• How come Crow's eye is never restored when he's brought back to life?
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • Lerad said:
    I just noticed that you can't apply salves to a specific leg or arm. APPLY HEALTH/MENDING/REGENERATION TO LEFT LEG will not work, syntax has to be LEGS.

Is this a recent change?
    This has always been the case. It is different for ice, for which I changed applying to allow targeting a specific limb, but that's a new mechanic and doesn't affect pre-Overhaul cures.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Iari said:
    How come Crow's eye is never restored when he's brought back to life?
    I'm guessing since it's a Big Thing That Happened, sort of like how Tzaraziko couldn't change her arm after she picked up the Eye of Illith, or how Fain's mask became his actual face, or Krokano's eyes became one big, truth-seeing eye.

• Eodh said:
    Iari said:
    How come Crow's eye is never restored when he's brought back to life?
    I'm guessing since it's a Big Thing That Happened, sort of like how Tzaraziko couldn't change her arm after she picked up the Eye of Illith, or how Fain's mask became his actual face, or Krokano's eyes became one big, truth-seeing eye.
    Right, but the rest of your examples are all connected to the Soulless and Excorable/Divinus energies, and so on. The harm done to Krokano and Tzaraziko was from the Soulless, and Fain's mask is linked to how He Himself became changed. (In the words of @Mysrai "Your outer form reflects your inner self now")

As far as I know, Crow was simply maimed a bit by White Hart? Is that not correct? Is there some other thing at play here that I'm not realising?
  • Iari said:
    Right, but the rest of your examples are all connected to the Soulless and Excorable/Divinus energies, and so on. The harm done to Krokano and Tzaraziko was from the Soulless, and Fain's mask is linked to how He Himself became changed. (In the words of @Mysrai "Your outer form reflects your inner self now")

As far as I know, Crow was simply maimed a bit by White Hart? Is that not correct? Is there some other thing at play here that I'm not realising?
    Well, you could look at it this way: Raven became Crow through Taint, which is an excoroperditio-linked force from Kethuru. White Hart, on the other hand, remained a pure Awakened Nature Sprit, i.e. a divinus-powered force. So when Divinus Hart poked Excorable Crow in the eye, it made a permanent mark. It's sort of just a reversing of the Tzaraziko-Illith scenario (Soulless Illith's eye transforming Vernal Tzaraziko's hand).

• Enyalida said:
    Not true, you can use any noun of the vial to target it, as usual. You can use ATTACH TEARDROP TO EMPTY to target the first empty vial in your inventory, and so on. 
    Just tried this. didn't work.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    Enyalida said:
    Not true, you can use any noun of the vial to target it, as usual. You can use ATTACH TEARDROP TO EMPTY to target the first empty vial in your inventory, and so on. 
    Just tried this. didn't work.
    I tried this a couple of days ago, and it worked for me. Maybe there's another thing in your inventory that responds to EMPTY?

• edited November 2015
    Eodh said:
    Iari said:

Well, you could look at it this way: Raven became Crow through Taint, which is an excoroperditio-linked force from Kethuru. White Hart, on the other hand, remained a pure Awakened Nature Sprit, i.e. a divinus-powered force. So when Divinus Hart poked Excorable Crow in the eye, it made a permanent mark. It's sort of just a reversing of the Tzaraziko-Illith scenario (Soulless Illith's eye transforming Vernal Tzaraziko's hand).
    Or Maybe Hart is really a front for a soulless one?

• Why are the Divine Havens exits like they are?

For the non-demigods, here's how it's laid out:

Font of Chaos -> Gaudiguch
    Font of Beauty -> Hallifax
    Font of Knowledge -> New Celest
    Font of Harmony -> Magnagora
    Font of Justice -> Serenwilde
    Font of War -> Glomdoring

• Eodh said:
    Why are the Divine Havens exits like they are?

For the non-demigods, here's how it's laid out:

Font of Chaos -> Gaudiguch
    Font of Beauty -> Hallifax
    Font of Knowledge -> New Celest
    Font of Harmony -> Magnagora
    Font of Justice -> Serenwilde
    Font of War -> Glomdoring

Well, the Gaudiguch one is fairly clear, and I think that Beauty fits with Hallifax fairly well. The others? Hmm. It might be either a) Some sort of Mechanical decision, or b) Lorewise, have to do with the way the cities and forests were pre-Taint Wars.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Havens is more geographical than by seal

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited November 2015
    Eodh said:
    Iari said:

Hmm, just remembered that THE Crow does have 2 eyes. 
    Crows just look like they have one Eye cuz they copy his physical appearance.

• Tylwyth said:
    Hmm, just remembered that THE Crow does have 2 eyes. 
    Crows just look like they have one Eye cuz they copy his physical appearance.

The gigantic form of Crow is perched on a nearby branch here, his dark shadow
    spreading across the ground and his single eye glowing a deep red.

Unless you mean THE Crow?
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • I recall from years ago reading somewhere that that's one of the reasons why the GM of the Blacktalon is called "the Eye of Crow"; Crow has his eye, and then his "other" eye is the GM who keeps an eye on his druids. Or something.

• The Harmony to Mag exit is probably because pre-Taint Magnagora was essentially hippie-ville (IIRC).
  • Eodh said:
    I recall from years ago reading somewhere that that's one of the reasons why the GM of the Blacktalon is called "the Eye of Crow"; Crow has his eye, and then his "other" eye is the GM who keeps an eye on his druids. Or something.
    Hah, Eodh know better crow lore than Stratas!

• "She pauses briefly as though considering what you said."

Which skill or influencing buff is this?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It's complicated. It's probably the new hit message for influence attacks going through (not missing). 
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    For those people talking about ATTACH VIAL TO EMPTY, the vial does not stop being empty after it's linked. You have to attach, link, then attach - link, et infinitum. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited November 2015
    Enyalida said:
    It's complicated. It's probably the new hit message for influence attacks going through (not missing). 
    It sounds like you're saying that in addition to charisma being capped at 16, influence attacks can now miss. Am I understanding you correctly?

Also, please point me to the complicated explanation, I do need to understand any changes. Thank you.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!