Simple questions?

Comments

• Also, in case it's of interest:

HERBS - SOOTHINGSTEAM

Syntax: BLEND SOOTHING STEAM
    By carefully blending several dried herbs, you can create a smokeable curative that soothes the spirit.

Commodities: weed 1 reishi 1 rosehips 1 horehound 1 coltsfoot 1

COOKING - WAFER

Syntax: BAKE WAFER
    By turning several healing herbs into a fine powder, you can create a batch of wafers that cure many internal ailments.

Commodities: yarrow 1 kombu 1 calamus 1 colewort 1 myrtle 1 (makes 5)

• Fantastic.  Thank you both.

• edited October 2015
    If I accidentally submitted a design publicly and it was meant to be for a private cartel, and it was approved before I could recall it, is it possible to switch it back to the private cartel somehow, like issuing or messaging the Charites?

Also, if I used up all my good robe/suit ideas on regular greatrobe stuff, and now need to think of making splendours, can I reuse an existing design, or would it need to be substantially modified?
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Definitely message the Charites re: that first part.

As for the second part I think it's generally bad form to reuse a design like that, and you might get the "This design appears identical to so-and-so design" flag.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• I will probably just make something new. But it's sad, I liked my current getup.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • I made my splendour gown and hat almost identical, just tweaked ever so slightly. Given they're both my design (my old gown and the splendour one) I doubt the Charites would be too upset, where ripping off someone else's design is likely a different story.
  • How is your influence strength determined now without stats?
  • Gero said:
    How is your influence strength determined now without stats?
    @Baelor, please, because inquiring minds badly want to know.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Hmm, could someone explain me what 'sixthsense' actually does? I put it up since ages and I realize that neither the helpfile nor any in game effects ever really revealed to me what it's actually good for, apart of rendering my character blind and requiring me to eat a faeleaf everytime I log in.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Riluna said:
    Gero said:

Nothing has changed. When we removed stats, what we actually did was default people to 12 across the board. 12 was the baseline where you previously had no positive or negative modifiers. After some feedback this was adjusted to 16 for str/int/cha and later dex. So it is as if you influence as you did before the change, as if you have 16 charisma.

We are in the process of converting all influence buffs to the new /10 system so that players see the exact effect they have. No ETA on when this will be launched.
  • Aeldra said:
    Hmm, could someone explain me what 'sixthsense' actually does? I put it up since ages and I realize that neither the helpfile nor any in game effects ever really revealed to me what it's actually good for, apart of rendering my character blind and requiring me to eat a faeleaf everytime I log in.

Being blind protects you against some things, like a glamours maze.

Having sixthsense lets you see while blind.

When you qq, your defenses (including sixthsense) are stripped, but your afflictions (including blindness) are not. So that's why you need to re-eat faeleaf when you log in.
  • edited October 2015
    Baelor said:
    Riluna said:
    Gero said:

Nothing has changed. When we removed stats, what we actually did was default people to 12 across the board. 12 was the baseline where you previously had no positive or negative modifiers. After some feedback this was adjusted to 16 for str/int/cha and later dex. So it is as if you influence as you did before the change, as if you have 16 charisma.

We are in the process of converting all influence buffs to the new /10 system so that players see the exact effect they have. No ETA on when this will be launched.
    So if you're trying to use a throne, for example, that makes you effectively 17 cha?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Things that used to directly raise your charisma now raise your ego. For example, throne is now a 2/8 ego buff. Bardic Presence is now a 2/4 ego.

However, there were still skills that did not affect your charisma that did alter the strength of your influence attack such as perfume, beast influence, tattoos, etc. I believe those are the influence buffs there Baelor is talking about.
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.
  • edited October 2015
    Okay, but buffs like throne do not any longer actually directly affect influencing power in any way.

Is that correct?

EDIT: because ego pools never had much to do with actual influencing power, AFAIK

• Yeah, ego is just the hp of influencing. It is good to have, but it won't make you any faster.
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.
  • I think the Knowledge blessing (and other things that use to buff int and now buff eq rather than mana) speeds up influencing time now. Someone might want to check, though, as I do remember that old eq racial buffs didn't apply to influencing.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    How long is the 100% XP bonus going to last?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    @Akyaevin Thank you for clearing that up. I thought sixsense did something other then "just" making you see while blind. But that explains :-)
  • Akyaevin said:
    I think the Knowledge blessing (and other things that use to buff int and now buff eq rather than mana) speeds up influencing time now. Someone might want to check, though, as I do remember that old eq racial buffs didn't apply to influencing.

Yes, which is why I so badly want this information from Baelor. How the crap does any NON-pk stuff work in this pk-overhaul?

Right now we only have speculation, for whatever information that actually gives us. I'm super eager for this  /10 response, and what exactly its /10 really means, for influencing (the single most unique aspect about Lusternia there is) and all its buffs. It sounds like, right now, the majority of people lost influencing power. (Who the F was trying to influence under 12? Abysmal, and I dearly miss the days when I thought 21 meant I was under-par.) We non-Pkers care about numbers sometimes, too.

Please, I'm not trying to rush the answer, nor do I believe you don't already have one, @Baelor. Just venting a little "wtf please don't leave us behind," which I am confident the admin are addressing.

• The goal of the no stat system was to put everyone on an equal level. Throne doesn't raise your charisma as you no longer have a charisma stat. Everyone is hard coded to what was 16 charisma purely from a mechanical point of view.

Vitals are no longer tied to statistics, and so a lot of the old charisma boosts are now ego boosts. The redoing of influencing buffs will be a /10 (/13 with artifacts) system for each influence attack type, similar to how there is a /10 system for damage types. Some buffs will affect all influence types universally, much like there are universal damage bonuses.

But in short, stats are a thing of the past, they exist only in the code as game mechanics and players have no interaction or ability to modify them.
  • Daraius said:
    How long is the 100% XP bonus going to last?
    Shhhhhhhhhhh >_>
    Another simple question, how do people actually test their PK configurations? I kind of find myself having had a few times where ironing out bugs would actually take a while and keeping another person bound for that long (although all of those who did were very helpful and patient, thank you!), feels wrong. So, is Masochism the way to go to test and figure out if your aliases do what they should do? Or is it rather that you actually track down people to test on in sparrings or is there a way am not aware of ?
  • edited October 2015
    For simple aliases, you can just send it, with command echos on to see if it's working.

For simple triggers you can do (in mudlet): `echo <trigger line>
    ex:
    `echo Suddenly Shedrin's movements through the time stream are slowed.

Masochism is very helpful, of course. Putting paranoia on yourself (drink aleutian) can also help test things that require enemying.

If you're trying to test an actual combo or strategy, you'll probably have to track someone down.
    @Shedrin Alright, thank you. There's no such thing as a target dummy that you can hit is there? I'm not a huge fan of boring people with my coding stumbling :-/
  • Influencing works as such:

The basic mechanics are the same as pre-overhaul, with everyone having a fixed charisma score of 16. At present, the buffs to influence "damage" are unchanged from previously (aside from the racial buffs being moved around), and give the same bonuses as they always have (they are a % increase to the ego damage dealt by an influence attack). These and charisma were the only things that affect influence damage. There is also prestige, which affects the chance for a mob to resist and ego attack - this is also unchanged, and will not be changing due to the way it works behind the scenes.

Influence buffs are being migrated to the same sort of buff system as the damage enhancements/resistances. Each level will grant a 10% increase to ego damage, which was chosen because it lets us get very close to the buff amounts pre-overhaul. E.g., perfumes are currently an 8% increase and so will be a 1 level buff, whereas charismaticaura is a 33% increase and will be a level 3 buff, etc.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited October 2015
    Close to preoverhaul levels base, or with an influence artifact?
  • Each buff will be roughly the same as they are pre-overhaul, the artifact (as it is currently) is another buff. The only difference is that, like the damage runes, they'll let you over the cap of 10 (up to 13). Even taking that into account, there should be very little difference any given person will see in pre- and post-overhaul influence buffs.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.

• Shedrin said:
    For simple aliases, you can just send it, with command echos on to see if it's working.

ex:

Masochism is very helpful, of course. Putting paranoia on yourself (drink aleutian) can also help test things that require enemying.

If you're trying to test an actual combo or strategy, you'll probably have to track someone down.
    Actually, the echo thing will work no matter the client now. It was made into a game command. Just do "ECHO <stuff>" and stuff is sent back to you from Lusternia.
  • Ssaliss said:

Shedrin said:

ex:

Actually, the echo thing will work no matter the client now. It was made into a game command. Just do "ECHO <stuff>" and stuff is sent back to you from Lusternia.
    Oh cool.