Simple questions?

Comments

• The doll is obviously a phoenix.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Hair curios. How to obtain? (Specifically, if you know what hair curio you want, is there a way of angling towards it? This whole curio business is new to me.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Hair curios are sold by Sergei- he's below the normal curio shop. There are different types of packages of hair curios you can buy, and the curios you can get from each type are listed in HELP HAIRCURIO
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    As far as trying to get pieces from a particular set from those boxes, you're out of luck. You'll have to trade with other people who have those particular hair pieces.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    On that note, let me know what you're looking for. I have a ton of hair curios I haven't rubbed yet.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ah, thanks! Boo, this sounds needlessly complex. The age of the hairstylist tradeskill and design will never be. </3 But I'm game to plunge into the wonderful world of hair curios.

I'm eyeballing the dove-grey feathers and the luminous sidereal feathers, specifically. Whichever one I complete first I guess!

Daraius said:
    Hair curios. How to obtain? (Specifically, if you know what hair curio you want, is there a way of angling towards it? This whole curio business is new to me.)
    Just, um... just so you know, becoming a hair trill is gonna be a deal breaker.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I..what...how..
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Do plants die on their own?  Not by overharvesting or anything, like maybe the down month?

• edited October 2015
    Zeleni said:
    Do plants die on their own?  Not by overharvesting or anything, like maybe the down month?
    Every day in a month has a chance of a plant dying off completely, yes. I can't remember the odds off-hand, but I think it's somewhere around 75% of the plants over the entire month. This can be remedied by guarding the room or having the Lesser Nature blessing on that herb.

EDIT: Also, if the terrain is altered in the room, the herbs have a chance to die off too. In this instance they don't die completely though, but rather just reduce their numbers by (I think) 10.
    So in short, yes. Without player intervention, all of the herbs would eventually die off.
  • Well that sucks.  Thank you for the answer.

• That said, there are also ways to bring plants back to life without having to replant. Ecology HerbRenewal will revive a single kind of plant (not sure on the amount, but I think relatively small, like 5) for five power. This also doesn't work if there are any plants in that room. There's also the Demigod power of Gift (in the Nature Domoth) that works much the same, but also has a small chance to revive a full group of them (so 60). Unfortunately though, only Vernal Demigods, Ascendants and those with the Nature seal can pick that power.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Why don't people (excluding Divine) zap anymore? Did it get nerfed or something?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

Regular people zap did back when the demistore came out. It was used to burst people down, because a large number of people could be counted on having it, as you got it for free as a demigod. Once you had to chunk out millions of essence and eat up a bunch of weight, most players dropped it. 

IIRC, God zap (at least the killing kind) is rationed, so it doesn't get used willy nilly.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    I ask because I can't remember the last time I've seen a non-Divine zap. I'm contemplating spending the essence and weight to get it mostly for flavour (because <3 flavour), but was afraid it got nerfed to the point of worthlessness.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• I used to try to zap specific people to see if they were in the area, and otherwise undetectable. Does that still work?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Enyalida said:
    So in short, yes. Without player intervention, all of the herbs would eventually die off.
    Not entirely true.  In the month after hibernation, there is a small chance that a room will spontaneously start growing that herb on its own as well.  No herb will ever entirely die off without intervention (eventually it will come back naturally).
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited October 2015
    Can suits be made without any armpit stats, or do they all function as great robes? Dar is going to need some formalwear that doesn't negate his tattoo armor.

EDIT: That's ARMOR stats, but that autocorrect is too good to tamper with.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @Daraius I faced the same problem myself when I switched to tattoo armor, netting Aeldra without her beloved kimono. I solved this using highfashion as they have dresses and suits taht don't count as greatrobes:

----------------/ Seamstress - Item view \---------------------
    a simple pin-stripe suit of classical desi    (  12318, Highfashion )
    a handsome aristocrat's suit                  (  17232, Highfashion )
    a pale turquoise kata suit detailed with s    (  17842, Highfashion )
    a cocoa brown suit                            (  18711, Highfashion )
    a diamond-studded, white feminine suit wit    (  22510, Highfashion )
    a black suit cut in a military style          (  22828, Highfashion )
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
    Perfect, thanks! Now to find a designer.
    I used to make cakes.

• edited October 2015
    Am I not remembering correctly, or did Veneration - PiousSacrifice used to fully sanctify in 1 use? The wiki says that as well, and I don't see any envoy reports about it.

I just tested it out and it took about 12 uses to fully sanctify.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Ixion said:
    Am I not remembering correctly, or did Veneration - PiousSacrifice used to fully sanctify in 1 use? The wiki says that as well, and I don't see any envoy reports about it.

I just tested it out and it took about 12 uses to fully sanctify.

It's been that way for as long as I can remember (at least since I was still in Glom, with my own cult), I couldn't tell you when/if it was changed.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Curios... how will we know the wayfaire has arrived? I kind of would like to not miss it.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
    There will be an announce post.
    I used to make cakes.

• I'm working on a book and I'm wondering, is it alright to include 'sketches' of the subject matter? Not ascii art but descriptions. How would I work that?
    Something like:

[carefully sketched in the lower third of the page is a blah blah blah]

If I'm remembering correctly, Nihmriel's book on living crystal has examples of this.
    I used to make cakes.

Personally, I really like it when authors include well written, concise "illustrations" in that style.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    For reference, I pulled out the book @Daraius mentioned. This was published and approved, so there is precedent for sketches.

"Experiments with Crystal", By Nihmriel Goldwyne, ays Lyreth ey Tiriel (Page 4)
    Diagrams of Units of Matter

------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the recent discovery of Xion, new designs for magnification tools
    have come to light, instruments much more powerful and precise. With
    such a magnifier, it is possible to view matter at a much closer level,
    and examine an individual unit. Following are diagrams of some of the
    types of matter thus far studied.

Diagram of a unit of plant matter:
    --- Carefully coloured with green tints, this neat drawing depicts an
    object that is largely circular in shape and predominantly green and
    white in hue. Around the edge is a thin crust of dark green, in the
    centre of which floats a large pale bubble. Next to this is a smaller,
    irregularly shaped object that appears to occupy a central role in the
    drawing, appearing larger and more finely detailed than the several
    smaller spheres and ovals that occupy the space, each of which is shaded
    in green. Fine lines are drawn in clusters in plain inks. ---
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • That will work! Thank you!