Simple questions?

Comments

• edited September 2015
    Not like monks aren't tanky enough, let alone a harmony+psymet one :P
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    hahaha. It's more of that 'ooh shiny new ability yay!' to 'aww, can't use it unless I fight players, dang :-/'
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    About the only things that work on denizens are your newbie kick/punch, your basic class attacks (swinging for warriors, talisman/something-later for wiccans, etc.), and a few artifacts, like the whip.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited September 2015
    Oh hey, related question. Do damage and speed modifiers in kata forms have any effect when bashing? (He asks, having played a monk since 2010 ) :\">
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."

Daraius said:
    Oh hey, related question. Do damage and speed modifiers in kata forms have any effect when bashing?

Speed modifier helps you gain momentum quicker, so yes, sure that helps. Hard also has an effect of doing a little more damage, or so am told. The rest of the modifiers are useless for bashing.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Since bashing forms have so much free ka anyways, it doesn't hurt to toss hard into them just in case.
    I'm not quite sure how the reference about flying and high winds is meant. I don't understand what "personal means" one may aquire to prevent yourself from being knocked from the skies. I understand that levitation obviously isn't what am looking for?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    What reference to flying and high winds? 
  • Zeleni said:
    Do the Gods RP with the players in Their order and such?
    Yes, but many of us are very busy with behind the scenes responsibilities or real life responsibilities so your mileage may vary depending on the God and what is currently going on with them at any given time.

edited September 2015
    Enyalida said:
    What reference to flying and high winds? 

Level 25: Faeling gain the ability to FLY naturally. Faelings who can fly 
         by other personal means are no longer knocked out of the sky by high winds, 
         and instead are stunned for two seconds.

Sorry for missing to add the reference.
  • Actually, do Crow Cloaks count for that?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• When flying, if the weather is harsh, you can get knocked into adjacent rooms by "high winds". When the weather is bad enough, you won't be able to fly at all.

Personal means of flying comes from specific abilities or skills and an artifact. Notably, aeromancy as well as, yes, a Crow-user with a crow's cloak. I can't remember if beast flying counts, I don't think so, though, but I may be wrong.

• Everiine said:
    About the only things that work on denizens are your newbie kick/punch, your basic class attacks (swinging for warriors, talisman/something-later for wiccans, etc.), and a few artifacts, like the whip.
    Yes, Talisman/athame/night/moonkiss I think for wiccans, talismans/sickle/staff/staffbug for druids.
    Etc....

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Lerad said:
    When flying, if the weather is harsh, you can get knocked into adjacent rooms by "high winds". When the weather is bad enough, you won't be able to fly at all.

Personal means of flying comes from specific abilities or skills and an artifact. Notably, aeromancy as well as, yes, a Crow-user with a crow's cloak. I can't remember if beast flying counts, I don't think so, though, but I may be wrong.

Beast flying does not count, no.
  • Personal is flying by your own means and not reliant on an external source that you can be separated from by other players.
  • Do these magical forum points actually DO anything?

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    promote e-selfesteem

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Zeleni said:
    Do these magical forum points actually DO anything?
    At certain lower thresholds, it also gives you the ability to edit your posts.

edited September 2015
    How do tolerance and amber beer work? Asking for a friend.
    I used to make cakes.

• Here's how I understand it.

You have an internal counter of the amount of alcohol you've imbibed. Tolerance is a modifier applied to this internal counter before it becomes sobriety/intoxication (the thing that makes you, for example, slur or fail commands). So the more tolerance you have, the more alcohol you can drink before hitting bad effects.

Amber beer used to provide DMP scaling to the amount of alcohol (not intoxication) in your system. So high tolerance let you get more from amber beer before you started to suffer side-effects. I think it's just a flat bonus now, but the dwarf racial one still scales. And if you keep amber and dark beer up constantly you will build intoxication faster than you can lose it, so high tolerance lets you keep it up longer.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    So with willpower/endurance being abolished, will players who have bought artifacts relating to their regen be getting refunds? (Asking here in case an answer was provided sometime over the Overhaul progression)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

Pretty sure they show up now under ARTIFACT LIST RETIRED (or whatever the syntax is).  I know I got one from a present, traded in for full value.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited September 2015
    Well, mine's a manse willpower gem, so...

artifact list retired
    *******************************[ ARTIFACT LIST ]*******************************
    Number   Name                                   Location
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *******************************************************************************

I'll just issue myself. Thanks anyway, Tarkie.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

Is it in poor taste to trash a design and resubmit it if it seems to be taking a long time to get approved? :/
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:
    Is it in poor taste to trash a design and resubmit it if it seems to be taking a long time to get approved? :/

I'd say yes, but it's not really going to change anything. Whatever's holding up your design is just going to keep on happening. If anything, it will make your design take longer.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    If I recall how mortal design reviewing works from what I've read on forums/gathered from anecdotal observations, it seems like once mortal reviewers review a design once, they can't do so again.  That being the case, if you've fixed problems with it several times, your available pool of people to review is likely rather small.  So, by trashing the current design item and tossing it into a new one, it'd put it back into the pool I'd imagine.  Whether or not that's poor taste/skirting the edges of some unwritten rule, I couldn't say.  I've considered it doing it once or twice, but then the design in question seems to get approved within the hour.
  • When I go onto the website, to the Bardics page, and go to All Entries, it shows Kalnid as the winner for August 2015.  But I submitted my own work and it didn't show up.  HOWEVER, when I go to Your Submissions, it lists what I wrote as Submissions Awaiting Approval.  Why am I not listed in All Entries?

• Zeleni said:
    When I go onto the website, to the Bardics page, and go to All Entries, it shows Kalnid as the winner for August 2015.  But I submitted my own work and it didn't show up.  HOWEVER, when I go to Your Submissions, it lists what I wrote as Submissions Awaiting Approval.  Why am I not listed in All Entries?
    Can't be 100% sure, but I think it's a formatting mistake. @Kalnid was the winner for July 2015, but is not listed under July 2015. Even if you go to "winners" only, July is skipped and Kalnid is listed as August 2015.

It's possible Kalnid's book won -so hard- that it won August as well. It's possible Kalnid won august legit, and is already decided on while other placements/merit are being sorted, and it accidentally got uploaded to the site and the July note removed at the same time. It's possible that there are gremlins hacking the Lusternia servers and trying to steal @Estarra's shoes. We may never know (unless an admin wants to fess up)

But for now, I'mma lean on the side of "it's a total mistake" and the August winners haven't been decided yet. Your August submission is still under review.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!