Simple questions?

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited February 2016
    Are there any liquid cures that are now actually obsolete? I'd rather link restorative ice to one of my arti-vials and remove one that's not used, or at least used so little I won't notice. (Screw buying another arti vial.)

• Lavinya said:
    Are there any liquid cures that are no actually obsolete? I'd rather link restorative ice to one of my arti-vials and remove one that's not used, or at least used so little I won't notice. (Screw buying another arti vial.)
    I believe Antidote is obsolete (perhaps outside of the new knots?). I personally unlinked love and choleric to get slush and ice linked.
  • Does mending do anything, with restorative ice implemented?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Tridemon said:
    Does mending do anything, with restorative ice implemented?
    I asked this earlier and was assured that it does, though that was by players, not an admin IIRC.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tridemon said:
    Does mending do anything, with restorative ice implemented?
    It should still cures twistedlimbs (until the monk overhaul happens) as well as slitthroat
  • Commune privs:
    NEXUS GUARDIAN CREATE
    -Create a guardian shell

NEXUS GUARDIAN BECOME
    -Become a guardian

NEXUS GUARDIAN LIST
    -List active guardians

When I ask about these, even Xenthos didn't know what these do/are?
    Anyone used these?

• They are a limited combat mechanic that defenders can use to defend their associated planes, though I don't remember anyone ever using them. HELP 8.6.2 has the details.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Guardians are a way for non-coms without access to a ship to contribute to Aetherflares. It essentially turns you into a giant mob that gets to hulk smash on other players or helps with focusing the construct, I think.
  • Essentially: You lock into one, and then you can use it to fight players (in a rather limited fashion) without having to worry about affs etc.

Reasons they're not used:
    • No feedback (so you won't know if you're attacked, you won't know your health without checking, etc)
    • Power cost (it costs 200 power to create a shell, IIRC)
    • Limited duration (I think they last for 100 IC days?)

So while they're good in theory, and I'd love to see them adjusted so they're actually usable, in their current form they're pretty much unusable.

• Luce said:
    Guardians are a way for non-coms without access to a ship to contribute to Aetherflares. It essentially turns you into a giant mob that gets to hulk smash on other players or helps with focusing the construct, I think.
    Those are colossi, I think. Nexus guardians are summoned in elemental/cosmic/ethereal org territory. Never used a colossi, so I can't really draw any comparisons between them.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Guardians are different from Colossi - Colossi is what's used during Flares - Guardians are shells anyone can wear that can help contribute toward the defense of a plane - I don't think they've really even been used.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • The colossus can be created and then used in the actual area that has the Ring which synchs with your nexus. You make it and then it those without aethership skills can FOCUS COLUSSUS, though we haven't made one in a long while, I used to do this with like, Astraea. I always wanted a competitor to bring one  because I can get inside and then we could fight.

Hmm, I"ll look into the guardian thing.

• Zvoltz said:
    They are a limited combat mechanic that defenders can use to defend their associated planes, though I don't remember anyone ever using them. HELP 8.6.2 has the details.
    Thank you and @ssaliss. 2 things the help file doesn't make clear:
    1)If I summon a guardian can I take it into faethorn/etherseren and vice versa?
    2)How do you keep track of it's health? the file says it's important, but not how to do that.

• Tylwyth said:
    Zvoltz said:
    They are a limited combat mechanic that defenders can use to defend their associated planes, though I don't remember anyone ever using them. HELP 8.6.2 has the details.
    Thank you and @ssaliss. 2 things the help file doesn't make clear:
    1)If I summon a guardian can I take it into faethorn/etherseren and vice versa?
    2)How do you keep track of it's health? the file says it's important, but not how to do that.
    1) The guardian can only be used in Ethereal Glomdoring (in the case of Glomdoring guardians). You cannot take it anywhere else.
    2) There's a GUARD STATUS command that lets you see the health, I think. It's been ages since I've used one though, so I could be wrong on that one.
  • All ascension seals/medallions give the circlet of lucidity effect too right?

I'm reasonable sure it is, just want to confirm before trading my circlet in which I haven't done because I'm a dummy.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Yes.
    Can someone please show me the description of a dream mote?

• edited February 2016
    All dream motes have the alias of Dream and Mote as well as the name of the mote itself, and are weightless. The first two lines are identical. The third usually(except memoryloss) hint at what it looks like in your inventory, which is the second name I put after the Mote name proper. the ~ is put before the actually description you get with LOOK or PROBE(same diff, PROBE tells you the alias and lack of weight). Outside of a dream rift they last 10 months when made. These are the only seven types I have made, if I am missing a type let me know.

Amnesia:
    -a winking mote
    ~The dream mote is an almost insubstantial fleck of power that floats in the air. So tiny, the mote can be easily overlooked, appearing as a wisp of light or colour out of the corner of the eye. This dream mote winks in and out of existence in a manner that one cannot remember if it was there or not, like a flash of amnesia. 

Mindsoothe:
    -a blinking mote
    ~The dream mote is an almost insubstantial fleck of power that floats in the air. So tiny, the mote can be easily overlooked, appearing as a wisp of light or colour out of the corner of the eye. It blinks in and out of sight slowly and steadily, bringing a soothing calm to the mind.

Undoing:
    -a zig zagging mote
    ~The dream mote is an almost insubstantial fleck of power that floats in the air. So tiny, the mote can be easily overlooked, appearing as a wisp of light or colour out of the corner of the eye. This dream mote zips around quickly, leaving vague trails of light as though erasing and undoing the space it passes through.

Hallucination:
    -a flickering mote
    ~The dream mote is an almost insubstantial fleck of power that floats in the air. So tiny, the mote can be easily overlooked, appearing as a wisp of light or colour out of the corner of the eye. This dream mote changes shape and hue, flickering in and out of existence like a small hallucination.

Pacification:
    -a gleaming mote
    ~The dream mote is an almost insubstantial fleck of power that floats in the air. So tiny, the mote can be easily overlooked, appearing as a wisp of light or colour out of the corner of the eye. At the moment this dream mote gleams with a soothing, pacified glow.

Memoryloss:
    -a twinkling mote
    ~The dream mote is an almost insubstantial fleck of power that floats in the air. So tiny, the mote can be easily overlooked, appearing as a wisp of light or colour out of the corner of the eye. So fascinating is this dream mote that it is easy to forget to breathe just looking at it.

Stupidity
    - a pulsing mote
    ~The dream mote is an almost insubstantial fleck of power that floats in the air. So tiny, the mote can be easily overlooked, appearing as a wisp of light or colour out of the corner of the eye. This dream mote pulsates in a lazy manner, forcing those who look on it become lost in daydreams

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Would a tattoo at the base of the spine be considered a back design or a waist design? Asking for an e-wife.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I'm leaning towards waist, because a lot of the current waist designs are "belts," which definitely intersect the tramp stamp zone.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Lavinya said:
    Daraius said:
    Would a tattoo at the base of the spine be considered a back design or a waist design? Asking for an e-wife.
    Requesting new tattoo template: tramp stamp.
    @lavinya I editted my post above to be a complete answer to your inquiry about motes.

Thanks @Tylwyth!

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:

:|
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • What happened to the stats? I can't seem to find all the stats for each race anywhere in the help files or the forums.
  • No more stats; all races are equal (aside from the racial perks available on HELP <race>.
  • I definitely have catching up to do. Thanks, @Ssaliss.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Still wish relative size was still provided for general reference...
  • edited February 2016
    Do we know the order of the planets?
  • Is Morgfyre still buried under the Sea of Despair? I didn't make that up, right?