Simple questions?

Comments

• Hallen said:
    Is Morgfyre still buried under the Sea of Despair? I didn't make that up, right?
    His hulking "form" is, yes, but he still can show up whereever/however he feels like.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Even being buried can't prevent Morgfyre from being awesome.

• It's similar to Manteekan in that respect.
  • Anyone have a list of the alcohol tolerance levels? 
  • @Ranah

Levels of Alcohol Tolerance:

intolerant
    a lightweight
    quite tolerant
    a heavy drinker
    able to outdrink dwarves
    an unabashed alcoholic

Levels of Drunkenness:

sober and in control
    slightly flushed
    feeling a bit tipsy
    feeling decidedly mellow
    feeling no pain
    decidedly sloshed
    entirely inebriated
    totally plastered
    suicidally intoxicated

• I remember at some point in the past reading the drunkenness message: "Well, at least you picked an interesting way to die." Not sure if drunk was overhauled, because that was well before Gaudi. It did make me giggle.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I'm having a tough time getting to alcoholic, though I don't know why...
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    The old Elemental Cloak artifact used to provide all four tailoring proofings at once. It is still a goop item. It still references the proofings in GOOP INFO 216. What does it do now?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Vivet said:
    The old Elemental Cloak artifact used to provide all four tailoring proofings at once. It is still a goop item. It still references the proofings in GOOP INFO 216. What does it do now?
    It still provides a 1/5 resistance to all the elements (it is called Elemental Cloak on bodyscan now).
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Xenthos said:
    Vivet said:
    It still provides a 1/5 resistance to all the elements (it is called Elemental Cloak on bodyscan now).
    Hmm! Okay, thanks for the quick reply.
  • In theory, if I put a chest in my city shop stockroom... the things I put in it still won't decay, right?
  • In theory, if I put a chest in my city shop stockroom... the things I put in it still won't decay, right?
    Sorry, they will.
  • This sounded like such a good idea for organisation and everything.
    Thanks, @Ssaliss.
  • Does the number of herbs in a room have an effect on the growth rate or how likely a herb is to go into hibernation during it's down month?
  • No and no. Herb growth is based on the month (slower growth near the hibernation months) and if it's watered/Nature Growthed. Hibernation is a set percentage; no matter if there's one or 60 herbs, they have the same odds of dying (although the exact mechanic is currently under envoy report).

The main reason people generally say there should be 15 instead of 5 herbs before hibernation (or whichever number you're using) is because there needs to be a surplus of herbs in order to replant.
  • Ok that's what I thought, thanks!
  • edited February 2016
    So as opposed to simply enchanting greatrobes to get a numerical value of cutting/blunt protection, you now enchant them with the various knots that tailors make, allowing for a broader variety of defensive types (plus weatherproofing and all that good stuff)?

That was a pretty cumbersome question, but I'm basically hoping someone can confirm that this is how greatrobes work now.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @Hallen yes, that's how they work now. A tailor makes you knots (and you got 2 slots on your robe) and you can put in two types of enancements, choosing from different types available (resistance for all different damage types + influence buffs). Enchanters put the knots in. Splendours have three slots instead of two.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • I've some questions about publishing/scholarly works.

1. Are there rewards for being a scholarly/literary winner beyond the line and the cultural bonus to your city/family?

2. For the purpose of publishing, are histories and/or the newsboards considered in character?
  • 1. Not directly, but all cities I've ever been in pay out credits. Culture also generates in power, of course.

2. Yes. Admin-written stuff shouldn't be published, however, as of a changelog a while back. Newsboards should be fine(barring announce and overhaul, of course), but preferably they'd be supplemental. Do note that the raw text of a newspost does have an ooc date attached to it by default.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Is it still somehow possible to see a list of all the existing player names in Lusternia like it was on the old site? 

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

Uh. Also, is it normal for keys made by Artisans for Artisan-made containers to decay?

Before an earthly flight

• Q: can wonder items be destroyed to put the crystals into a different item?
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Yes - you can break them, but you'll lose 1 crystal when doing it

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Rancoura said:
    Uh. Also, is it normal for keys made by Artisans for Artisan-made containers to decay?
    @Rancoura yes, it is. Neither are permanent but they usually have a very long decay time.

Lavinya said:
    Rancoura said:
    @Rancoura yes, it is. Neither are permanent but they usually have a very long decay time.

Ugh. Given that I have a stasis gem protecting said container, this is a little inconvenient. Ah well, thanks for the response, Lavinya.

Before an earthly flight

Oh, hrm, a stasis gem should prevent the container from decaying (but not the key).

edited February 2016
    Right. I meant inconvenient as in I'll have to bring someone into my personal manse every so often to make me a new key whenever it decays. Boo.

Edit: Or, I could just not lock it anymore. Way to use your brain, Rancoura, you deserve a cookie.

Before an earthly flight

• Rancoura said:
    Right. I meant inconvenient as in I'll have to bring someone into my personal manse every so often to make me a new key whenever it decays. Boo.

Edit: Or, I could just not lock it anymore. Way to use your brain, Rancoura, you deserve a cookie.
    YOu could always get a new one from our puppetmasters.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: