Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shaddus said:
    I think new places shouldn't be set to enemy territory until after the event is over.
    Just so you are aware, this area was not enemy territory when it started.  Tridemon had been killing besmirchers, I told Malarious to kill him.  I followed and tried to help, but could not attack; Avechna was protecting the fellow.

Malarious apparently thought I meant "declare and kill," so he did; while he was doing it I was sending him tells going, "I did not mean to declare!  I thought it was enemy territory."
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Morkarion said:
    To be fair, Valtreth's order blanket enemied 15 people for defiling a war shrine during a domoth battle, because they didn't know who'd done it.

A few people can't explore it because they'll have a bunch of mobs chasing them around the place.
    To be fair, Morgfyre's order did something similar, but hey... who's paying attention?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I'm enemied to Glomdoring and Viravain for something like that.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Daraius said:
    I'm enemied to Glomdoring and Viravain for something like that.
    Just take it in stride and laugh at them being afraid. ;)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Shaddus was enemied to Mysrai while I wasn't even playing him (and only logged on to pay shop taxes), and Entrias was recently re-enemied to Glom for something that happened while I was 40 miles away from my computer, visiting my mom with her granddaughter. Don't feel bad.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Shaddus was enemied to Mysrai while I wasn't even playing him (and only logged on to pay shop taxes), and Entrias was recently re-enemied to Glom for something that happened while I was 40 miles away from my computer, visiting my mom with her granddaughter. Don't feel bad.
    That probably won't be very hard to get overturned. Just saying.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    If only enemy statuses meant something...
  • Celina said:
    It means something to some of us :( Also, people tend to treat others very differently if they're enemied to anything related to your org.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Yeah I thought orders blanket enemying was kind of S.O.P. Especially when domoths are involved. I guess it isn't as much anymore since the war shrine changes.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
    Turnus said:
    Yeah I thought orders blanket enemying was kind of S.O.P. Especially when domoths are involved. I guess it isn't as much anymore since the war shrine changes.
    It still is, because shield shrine powers only affect enemies. That said, when someone enemies for domoths, then supposedly overturns it later after the domoth is 'over'... They rather need to not be stupid about it. Enemied to a certain order, person calls invasion for domoth, person leaves... invasion mobs are still aggro. So what do you do? You either sit there and get pummeled by 6+ critters... or you go ahead and kill them. Of course, they overturn your enemy status, and then you get enemied for killing an invasion critter.... because you didn't see the enemy status being lifted in the spam and even then, the invasion mobs are still aggro on you anyway... but hey... it's all good.

edited March 2014
    Ssaliss said:
    Shaddus said:
    That probably won't be very hard to get overturned. Just saying.
    For the Shaddus one, Viynain set it, and unless it's been changed, I was told to approach Mysrai about having it fixed.

As for Entrias, I'm not worried about it anymore. I paid a while back to be unenemied to almost everyone, and I'm not interested in paying gold every time someone wants a bit more coin for their pockets and enemies people out of boredom.

Yeah, no.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Yeah I think Nocht's was overturned for me maybe a month or two ago for me. All the rest have stayed, but don't really care, it's whatevs.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Morkarion said:
    To be fair, Valtreth's order blanket enemied 15 people for defiling a war shrine during a domoth battle, because they didn't know who'd done it.

A few people can't explore it because they'll have a bunch of mobs chasing them around the place.
    To be fair, Morgfyre's order did something similar, but hey... who's paying attention?

Zouviqil enemied me to Shadowdancers/Viravain for speaking to her in dreamform.
    =D>

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Celina said:
    No I gotta agree here, I've got 60 different org enemyships...
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Turnus said:
    Yeah I think Nocht's was overturned for me maybe a month or two ago for me. All the rest have stayed, but don't really care, it's whatevs.
    I relatively recently went through and unenemied everyone who was enemied without a good (or understandable) reason, including a bunch who had been enemied with the reason 'Temporary for domoth purposes' but we'd forgotten to unenemy them straight away!

There were a couple of exceptions because they were people who were actively raiding but those I just added 'proper' reasons to.
  • Shaddus said:

As for Entrias, I'm not worried about it anymore. I paid a while back to be unenemied to almost everyone, and I'm not interested in paying gold every time someone wants a bit more coin for their pockets and enemies people out of boredom.

Yeah, no.
    Neither of those was the issue with Entrias. I'm not really fond of that situation myself, but it was done for <reasons>. Can't do much about it now, so w/e.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    Kethaera said:
    Shaddus said:

Yeah, no.
    Neither of those was the issue with Entrias. I'm not really fond of that situation myself, but it was done for <reasons>. Can't do much about it now, so w/e.
    Sure you can. Considering Entrias isn't a raider and he had absolutely nothing to do with the whole Kingmaker thing, you can unenemy him.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia

Elanorwen said:
    Morkarion said:

Read: Elanorwen was enemied to Morgfyre for turning up to help with people who were defiling. It's like using the excuse 'I didn't actually kill any angels, I was just watching my friends kill them'.

I dislike people deliberately posting vague insinuations that are intended to be derogatory to me. Don't mind me, return to your regularly scheduled tweeting.

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    edited March 2014
    Tetra said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Morkarion said:

=D>
    Actually, your character got enemied to Viravain for attacking members of Glom on Prime, the same reason your character got enemied to Glom. And I know you know that because that was the reason given in the enemying.

As for the Shadowdancers, your character spoke to the Queen in dream form after eavesdropping on her in an attempt to sway her opinion on an ongoing event, regardless of her original position on the matter. You (general you) don't do that without repercussions, especially when you're (general you) the only dreamweaver sitting on the same plane and continent.

But yeah. Go ahead and grump. I can't stop you.
  • Shaddus said:
    Kethaera said:
    Shaddus said:

Yeah, no.
    Sure you can. Considering Entrias isn't a raider and he had absolutely nothing to do with the whole Kingmaker thing, you can unenemy him.
    I know that, but it's complicated, and not something I want to discuss on the forums. Sorry, it's nothing personal.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I got enemied 3 times for defiling when I've never entered that command in my life, twice of those by Shuyin, the griefer. I also got enemied to Gaudi because someones beast got killed, in Celest territory, after they were attacking guards.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Kethaera said:

I know that, but it's complicated, and not something I want to discuss on the forums. Sorry, it's nothing personal.
    I can respect that. Feel free to message me ingame and try to resolve it, unless you're either A: Waiting for me to contact you again or B: For some odd reason, Glomdoring just really wants a non-raiding person enemied to them because you gotta collect them all.

• I rather strongly suggest that the ranting and personal attacks cease. I've already warned several of you; banning is next.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I was enemied to Cantors I think for a Celestia raid that I didn't actually turn up to. (I mean I was going to, but I dc'd just before the group left, details details). I just shrugged and laughed and notched that one on my belt.

• Enemying happens. It's not always fair. Just deal with it. If it was really that bad, the admin would step in. But as it stands, you can enemy for what you like, so maybe people should start being happy that mostly this actually happens for a reason and that most groups don't throw them out at random.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Zouviqil said:
    Tetra said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Morkarion said:

=D>
    Actually, your character got enemied to Viravain for attacking members of Glom on Prime, the same reason your character got enemied to Glom. And I know you know that because that was the reason given in the enemying.

As for the Shadowdancers, your character spoke to the Queen in dream form after eavesdropping on her in an attempt to sway her opinion on an ongoing event, regardless of her original position on the matter. You (general you) don't do that without repercussions, especially when you're (general you) the only dreamweaver sitting on the same plane and continent.

But yeah. Go ahead and grump. I can't stop you.

I'm not grumpy about it!  Just sort of late on that prime attack.  Aislynn was a city enemy, killing wildlife in the Inner Sea.  I dreamweave attacked her and Malarious enemied me for 'Attacking for no reason'.

If you are in the Inner Sea bashing and are a city enemy, that is a pretty good reason.  So I started attacking Gloms actively.  Agreeing with your point about repercussions.

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Tetra said:
    I'm not grumpy about it!  Just sort of late on that prime attack. 
    I was having OOC hangups about enemying people. I'm not actually a gigantic *bleep*, and had been tossing it around in my head for a couple of days, along with enemying people for the EtherGlom raid. I actually have a hard time RPing Zouvi sometimes, or most of my characters, when it requires me being mean. I'm somewhat of a pushover IRL, I don't like making people (even fictional people!) miserable. :(
  • Zouviqil said:
    Tetra said:
    I'm not grumpy about it!  Just sort of late on that prime attack. 
    I was having OOC hangups about enemying people. I'm not actually a gigantic *bleep*, and had been tossing it around in my head for a couple of days, along with enemying people for the EtherGlom raid. I actually have a hard time RPing Zouvi sometimes, or most of my characters, when it requires me being mean. I'm somewhat of a pushover IRL, I don't like making people (even fictional people!) miserable. :(

When you are in a position of power, sometimes the roleplay calls for it.  It just sucks when you are enemied to people you would want to interact with, so there is a kind of boundary in place.  But dreamweaving is a good exception in some cases.

Because I'm overly empathetic I understand where you are coming from.  But I have realized being too intrapersonal in Lusternia can have its detriments, especially when it comes to pleasing other people.  But it's good to have a balance.

• Killed the Llogath Imperiat, mostly to see what would happen when I did. ... answer is nothing much. I'm rather inclined to leave the bloody thing alone when it's raised back up.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
This discussion has been closed.