Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited June 2014
    -Removed post, wasn't really fitting with the context of the original comment-
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Do established areas ever get revamped? I'm always a little disappointed by the lameness of the Tosha quest and the derpy way the masters talk. Plus Ulan and Maccan have about the same description. Must just be the lobo in me, but I've always wished there was more to dig into there. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Daraius said:
    Do established areas ever get revamped? I'm always a little disappointed by the lameness of the Tosha quest and the derpy way the masters talk. Plus Ulan and Maccan have about the same description. Must just be the lobo in me, but I've always wished there was more to dig into there. 
    Which Tosha quest, the original one for the scroll, or the golden lotus one?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Daraius said:
    I wish the monastery had more of backstory than the lotus. It's very two-dimensional and wacky. Instead it should focus on Loboshi. She has a lot of virtues and philosophy those monks could draw on. It should be focused more on emulating her and trying to achieve her purity, courage and lovingness. It bugs me a lot. But that's just my view of things.
    Shaddus said:
    Daraius said:
    Which Tosha quest, the original one for the scroll, or the golden lotus one?
    The lotus quest is better, but not by much (you have to go through the exact same steps, plus an influencing bit that's tough for a lobo). There's more lore to it, at least (judging by the one time I got Quettle to talk), but even that quest seems kinda like it was tacked in as the red herring amp up to the release of a new Elder Wars book. Maybe there's more to come, I dunno!
    I used to make cakes.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Well, it's better but it's almost a joke. Because you have this lobo who's all like "rawrs I'm mad yo" and you give him a flower and all of a sudden he's like "Whoa I dunno what got into me! Take me to the peak or something?". Eh, it's just silly. A fun little quest, but I want something deeper.
  • Admin more often do small additions to existing areas, rather than all-out revamps. Bear in mind that not all admin work on an individual area, and the admin who originally made an area may no longer be part of the administrative team. It's intimidating to interfere with someone else's handiwork, especially since everyone builds their quests a little bit differently. Small changes to descriptions and dialogue are simpler and tend to happen when an admin sees an opportunity for enhanced flavour and has a vision for it. It's less of a priority, but it can and does happen sometimes!
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Don't forget that Tosha existed before the Book of Loboshi was even finished, nevermind a number of other things. This definitely reflects on the area compared to newer ones.
    Yep, I know Tosha is like one of the oldest areas, and I'm sure the original designer is long gone. And I know it's not really of much interest to most people outside of influencers. But as the one source of lobo lore, it's a little sad. I just wonder if there actually is more to it that's being saved for later, or that we can only access by asking the right questions. Dar's working IC theory is that there's more to the monks than they reveal even to the peeps who get Quettle's blessing, based on the training halls and other amenities at the monastery, and that one story Quettle told him. What are the chances that players can influence the lore of an area when it's not otherwise established? Cuz I'm pretty sure I'm sitting on a bombshell. :>
    I used to make cakes.

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited June 2014
    Not...sure how I feel about someone's alt being the head of a family house that is bannered to a family they are head of....granted it was bannered when they weren't the head of it but....
  • Munsia said:
    Not...sure how I feel about someone's alt being the head of a family house that is bannered to a family they are head of....granted it was bannered when they weren't the head of it but....
    Sounds legal. Dangerous, and a situation I'd avoid because it'd be so easy to do something dumb and illegal. But that in and of itself sounds legal.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Munsia said:
    What astounds me more is the people that seem to have several alts in the same family.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Daraius said:
    Yep, I know Tosha is like one of the oldest areas, and I'm sure the original designer is long gone. And I know it's not really of much interest to most people outside of influencers. But as the one source of lobo lore, it's a little sad. I just wonder if there actually is more to it that's being saved for later, or that we can only access by asking the right questions. Dar's working IC theory is that there's more to the monks than they reveal even to the peeps who get Quettle's blessing, based on the training halls and other amenities at the monastery, and that one story Quettle told him. What are the chances that players can influence the lore of an area when it's not otherwise established? Cuz I'm pretty sure I'm sitting on a bombshell. :>
    You could always work it into an event suggestion for the Plots board?
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Eritheyl said:
    What is that?
    I used to make cakes.

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen

Lavinya said:
    Munsia said:
    What astounds me more is the people that seem to have several alts in the same family.
    I was under the general impression that this was not allowed.
    Kelly said:

Lavinya said:

Munsia said:

It's not disallowed, just frowned upon and scrutinized heavily if said family had a referendum.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Daraius said:
    Eritheyl said:
    What is that?
    Per HELP NEWS:

Plots : This is a write only news board and intended for players to submit possible plotlines for small events, areas or large event ideas. Keep in mind this is meant to fit with Lusternia so consider your plot idea carefully before submitting it.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Trading all the curios from log-in to log-out.

Someday I will find a better way to manage my monster list, I swear.

• Shaddus said:

Lavinya said:
    Munsia said:
    It's not disallowed, just frowned upon and scrutinized heavily if said family had a referendum.

HELP SECONDS

IT IS HIGHLY ADVISED THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE TWO ACTIVE SECONDS IN THE SAME CITY OR COMMUNE. The temptation is too great to blur the RP lines between seconds in the same organization, as it becomes too easy to enter into the same families or join the same clans, even voting in lockstep with each other, etc. The bottom line is that seconds must be kept completely separate from each other.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Minor Game of Thrones spoiler for last night ahead. Highlight to read.

I feel as though Viravain's been one upped on the whole scythe thing.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Leolamins said:
    Shaddus said:

Lavinya said:
    Munsia said:

HELP SECONDS

IT IS HIGHLY ADVISED THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE TWO ACTIVE SECONDS IN THE SAME CITY OR COMMUNE. The temptation is too great to blur the RP lines between seconds in the same organization, as it becomes too easy to enter into the same families or join the same clans, even voting in lockstep with each other, etc. The bottom line is that seconds must be kept completely separate from each other.

Well, Lusternia needs to release about twenty more guilds and/or cities. Barring that, they need to let us suicide characters that have purchased credits.
  • edited June 2014

Shaddus said:
    Leolamins said:
    Shaddus said:

Lavinya said:
    Munsia said:

HELP SECONDS

Well, Lusternia needs to release about twenty more guilds and/or cities. Barring that, they need to let us suicide characters that have purchased credits.

That help file doesn't contradict you, @Shaddus. Something being "highly advised against" is not the same meaning as being "not allowed". Nor is having two active characters the same as having one active and one inactive in the same org. Personally I wouldn't play two active alts in the same city/commune(and I wouldn't usually make two in the same guild unless testing something), but I could understand having two or more in the same org. If it's not intended to be allowed at all(which has never been the case, in my memory), then the help file/policy needs changing.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    They advise not having two active (keyword) characters in the same org, because it becomes too easy to join the same family, or vote in lockstep, which are practices not allowed.

Because most people can't prevent themselves from the meta, the practice is generally not advised to all. You can go against such advice if you believe you're capable of handling it, but if you fail and are caught, the admin will come down on you like a ton of bricks, and you were warned.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• More like a ton of really soft pillows.

Eh I've seen pretty strong punishments be dealt out for the slightest of infractions on it, ymmv from experience to experience.

• edited June 2014
    When I look at several aspects of Serenwilde skills, there are things that just annoy the dickens out of me. I just keep thinking how much more popular these skills would be if they were simply put into a different light other than garlands, squirrels, treehugs, parading your antlers, or turning someone into a toad (granted the last one is shared). Just saddens me.

Edit: Forgot several types of flowers..
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I kind of like turning people in to toads....
This discussion has been closed.