Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited March 2013
    I thought regen caps out at L3?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Racial regen caps at three. But harmony regeneration and psymet regeneration is not racial regen. I'm certain about the first, not entirely, but quite certain about the second and not sure where the third is from, unless he is talking about mercy.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Harmony regen is not racial. It's much bigger than racial, and painfully OP. harmony monks can out tank night warriors, but apparently that's ok.
  • Titus said:
    Can't edit the other post, so double it has to be.

Just learned how Tattoos work here and how they work for Monks specifically.

Love that I'm gonna be able to rock 80/80 protection once I trans it with level 8 health regen once I go Loboshigaru. Bashing is going to be fuuuuuun.

Loving that I've had nothing but positive interactions with people in Celest and the Tahtetso. Very happy I decided to come back and give Lusternia a second shot.
    As a monk myself, where did you get that information from? Do you mind sharing? As a squishy furrikin, I could use the maxed out protection.
    is dead like the dodo
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    That's just how it works! If you trans Tattoos, your tattooarmor (from Kata) maxes out at something like 83/83 (for nonTattooists, I think it's 62/62?), and you get get up to 7 dmp tattoos for 20 dmp each to any of the damage types in the game, as well as wearing proofed clothing for the 15 dmp proofs that all robe wearers get. Basically, just be sure to max out your tattoo weight and you'll get fantastic armor (easily the best in the game).  He's adding to that the Loboshigaru racial regeneration, regeneration enchantments, and harmony regeneration. 

Be sure to get fire protection tattoos as a part of that, to cover your racial weakness!

• Enyalida said:
    That's just how it works! If you trans Tattoos, your tattooarmor (from Kata) maxes out at something like 83/83 (for nonTattooists, I think it's 62/62?), and you get get up to 7 dmp tattoos for 20 dmp each to any of the damage types in the game, as well as wearing proofed clothing for the 15 dmp proofs that all robe wearers get. Basically, just be sure to max out your tattoo weight and you'll get fantastic armor (easily the best in the game).  He's adding to that the Loboshigaru racial regeneration, regeneration enchantments, and harmony regeneration. 

Be sure to get fire protection tattoos as a part of that, to cover your racial weakness!

Magic protection tattoo, Lobo's have lvl 2 weakness and clothing proofs are only 10dmp
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Titus said:
    Can't edit the other post, so double it has to be.

Just learned how Tattoos work here and how they work for Monks specifically.

Love that I'm gonna be able to rock 80/80 protection once I trans it with level 8 health regen once I go Loboshigaru. Bashing is going to be fuuuuuun.

Loving that I've had nothing but positive interactions with people in Celest and the Tahtetso. Very happy I decided to come back and give Lusternia a second shot.
    Just keep in mind that you have to keep Tattoos as your tradeskill to rock the protection. :)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited March 2013
    Lobo Racial regen, Harmony regen and Psymet regen.

For Tattoos, monk receives double the protection they offer normal people, and the Trans skill gives it an increase. But like Shaddus said, you have to Trans tattoos and have it as a Tradeskill to receive the Trans bonus. However, any monk gets the Double bonus thingy.
    edited March 2013
    Enyalida said:
     fantastic armor (easily the best in the game)

Better than runed Masterplate? Remember you can still get DMP tattoos and proofed clothing ontop of MP. MP is another +48 points of armour, not including Helm.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited March 2013
    From what I'm told it's not better than plate. It's 82/82 or something.

That's if you trans it, that is. Without transing it's like 60/60
    Masterplate is generally nondecay 100/100, and you can lose it. Trans Tattoos is roughly 84/84, double dmp from tattoos, non-removeable within reason.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    Masterplate is generally nondecay 100/100, and you can lose it. Trans Tattoos is roughly 84/84, double dmp from tattoos, non-removeable within reason.
    107/107 with coalrunes.

• And again, don't forget you can get tattoos with Masterplate.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited March 2013
    Upkeepless 83/83 armour (remember, high levels of armor suffer accelerating diminishing returns), and 10 extra dmp to any type of damage you decide is nothing to sniff at, at all.

EDIT: At least, it's a damn sight better than splendors, even at just 60/60.
    Titus said:
    And again, don't forget you can get tattoos with Masterplate.
    Technically, yes, but having tattoos doesn't give you armour as a warrior, only dmp.
  • edited March 2013
    ***********************[ BodyScan - Resistances Brief ]************************
                         Type        Base DMP       Total DMP            Resistance
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          All               5               -                     -
                    Elemental              26               -                     -
                       Cosmic              10               -                     -
                      Cutting              84              89                   44%
                        Blunt              84              89                   44%
                 Asphyxiation              20              25                   22%
                       Poison              26              31                   25%
                      Psychic              20              25                   22%
                      Magical              42              47                   32%
                         Cold              45              76                   41%
                  Electricity              15              46                   32%
                         Fire              45              76                   41%
                      Divinus               0              15                   15%
                    Excorable              10              25                   22%
    *******************************************************************************

Full defs, no curios, no blessings.  Celest construct item giving 5 All DMP.  Angphet slotted in Harmony.

I'll be reworking the tattoos and coat/cloak proofings, but this should provide some numbers to mull over.

Tweet: Coming back and finding my squishy faeling monk less squishy.

Tower: Finding out that I retained even less of my familiarity with Lusternia than I thought.  It took me a while to figure out how to see my stats.

• So. Aerochem needs a nerf.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Special report at the moment disagrees.
  • I will be complaining to my representatives (envoys).
  • The RNG is mocking me. >_> Glowing Rod number 4, and all I need is the Bracers rare.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    o City/Commune leaders can now view and assign deeded manses (but not clans) if the Steward is not logged in.

I'm kind of unsure what to think about a mechanic that I can grief simply by logging in.  Not even just putting a hold on it by "Oh, he's around and he can squall / choke / whatever you're concerned about," but actually mechanically preventing a specific action.

... which means that if we want to test how it works, I actually have to log off.  Maybe Someone is trying to tell me something? :(
  • edited March 2013
    Xenthos said:
    o City/Commune leaders can now view and assign deeded manses (but not clans) if the Steward is not logged in.

I'm kind of unsure what to think about a mechanic that I can grief simply by logging in.  Not even just putting a hold on it by "Oh, he's around and he can squall / choke / whatever you're concerned about," but actually mechanically preventing a specific action.

... which means that if we want to test how it works, I actually have to log off.  Maybe Someone is trying to tell me something? :(

Also don't know why clans weren't a part of it, either...

I'm personally of the opinion that should a minister not be around, SOMEBODY should be able to do their tasks, and seeing as how the city leader already has everything else, giving them this wouldn't hurt.

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Morshoth said:
    Xenthos said:

Also don't know why clans weren't a part of it, either...

I'm personally of the opinion that should a minister not be around, SOMEBODY should be able to do their tasks, and seeing as how the city leader already has everything else, giving them this wouldn't hurt.

It may well be because that's not the angle I took with the report; I was looking to make it more possible for more people to have ships in flares and thus encourage aethercombat, plus not relying entirely on one/two people to prep for them (because sometimes people have these strange things called Real Lives).

Of course there may be other reasons too! :)
  • Can we get Aerochemantics damaged turned down already?  Walked into one of their attacks just after dying (so no afflictions), brought me down from 6100 to 800.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Can you post a log of that here or send it to me privately. 

There's a special report going on and maybe we can get that looked at if it's true.
  • Morshoth said:
    Can we get Aerochemantics damaged turned down already?  Walked into one of their attacks just after dying (so no afflictions), brought me down from 6100 to 800.
    This implies you also didn't have defenses up which makes a fair difference.

However, it is 50% asphyxiation, leaves a message in the room, and sends a message when it's activated. I'll leave it up to you to figure out how you can get 200 DMP instantly to cut the damage in half.
  • That doesn't justify 6k damage without afflictions. You actually one shot me somwhere in the middle of that revolt.

"But paradise is locked and bolted...

We must make a journey around the world

to see if a back door has perhaps been left open."

-Heinrich Von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Did you just try and justify that kind of damage with no set up? It's like the old "hinder more" argument. 
    I wonder if by "no setup" you mean "the defender was an un-deffed person, while the attacker was a fully min-maxed ascendant with a large amount of dmp and buffs"

If so, then yes. I asked you earlier about how your Terror Coven Nightgaze(?) was hitting Wobou (fully deffed psymet tattooed monk) for 2k+.
This discussion has been closed.