Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Haezon said:
    Rialorm said:
    Don't go stealing people now T_T We're already losing several. It makes me sad :( 
    How do you think I feel? I'm Minister for Culture, and there's no one around for me to culture.
    To try and help quell the tears, Lusternia overall is having a generally low player count, so it's not just happening with Glom :P. A good thing to note is that, though Glom does currently have a low population, it's activity with the people it has is actually doing better than several other orgs. Smile :)
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited October 2014
    Mimie said:
    you get those from doing a quest over and over right?
    Doing the Halli power quest (the spheres) is probably your fastest option if you want to farm them. 10 spheres per ikon.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • And if you do it the hard way instead of the lazy Fraesic way, you get more spheres, more power, and more motes for the Primary Generator!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    There's a book about how to get the most spheres for your joule hunting efforts.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • THERE IS A BROMIDE SHORTAGE IN THE BASIN :((
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Vivet said:
    Note to self: "There's a book for that" should become Hallifax's "There's an app for that".
    I was gonna ask the question, but had to restart my laptop first.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Just download HalliBooks on your HalliPad.
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:
    Just download HalliBooks on your HalliPad.
    Well you have holograms, so halfway there. Will also save on trees for paper, so the forests might like that.

Technology is still an evil device of the cities to mock Nature, but it's a step forwards :p
    Retired.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Mimie said:

THERE IS A BROMIDE SHORTAGE IN THE BASIN :((

There's two almost full kegs in one of the shops in Hallifax
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:

Mimie said:

Supporting local business, the horror. But thanks!
  • edited October 2014
    Mimie said:
    Supporting local business, the horror. But thanks!
    I'll make it easy for you: vnum 19876 :D

EDIT: Also, I'll try to get my aethershop restocked when I get back home in 10'ish hours.
  • edited October 2014
    Portal enter 757

is my life

usually use it when I want to quickly refill then run off to another place
    No offense, but if you're going to be a member of an org and eventually become someone who fits in, you might want to at least learn local rp, quests, history, and your way around.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited October 2014
    None taken.

Ik I suck as a Halli, I kind of have navigation down. History I have more of a grasp on.

edit: Depending on who you ask, I make a sucky player in general
  • Mimie said:
    None taken. Ik I suck as a Halli, I kind of have navigation down. History I have more of a grasp on. edit: Depending on who you ask, I make a sucky player in general
    Navigation in Hallifax is the devil. Take no offense in having difficulty there. Whichever area-designer thought up that landscape should be issued for intent of harassment.
    Navigating it isn't hard if you have a mental picture of the city. Landmarks and paths help, and CHELP MAP has pretty much everything in it.
  • *COUGH* LANDMARKS *COUGH*

and if you want to get to the shopping district, find a tower, and head down until you hit that level.
    is dead like the dodo
  • edited October 2014
    Shaddus said:
    Navigating it isn't hard if you have a mental picture of the city. Landmarks and paths help, and CHELP MAP has pretty much everything in it.
    that's the problem, the mental picture. I generally memorize a city's landscape by the Map of it. Like "The shopping area is in the southwestern spot, and the guardian is located down from the center etc..". With Hallifax, it's all squares, squares upon squares upon more squares. I cant memorize that map. I wish rather than having each of (I think it is 6 or 7 towers?) divided into squares on the map, that it was changed to 'levels' of the city. Level 1 of the 7 towers, Level 2 of the 7 towers, etc., and that they were all attached and navigatable, like a big platform. I dont know, but it would have made it easier for me. My main turn away from Hallifax was always the landscape.

I know about Paths and Pathfinding, but I prefer to know the city im in myself rather than have something take me to certain areas in it, as if they are safe zones in a dangerous area.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You just need to know your destination 'wedge' and elevation level, and move 'sideways' until you get there. It's the same with continuum!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    It was worse before the entire "middle" level was connected by that great big ring.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Arcanis said: Whichever area-designer thought up that landscape should be issued for intent of harassment.
    See also: Elostian's godrealm and our arena. The guy was a madman.
    I used to make cakes.

• Arcanis said:
    Mimie said:
    None taken. Ik I suck as a Halli, I kind of have navigation down. History I have more of a grasp on. edit: Depending on who you ask, I make a sucky player in general
    Navigation in Hallifax is the devil. Take no offense in having difficulty there. Whichever area-designer thought up that landscape should be issued for intent of harassment.
    Navigation in Hallifax is an on-off switch that gets toggled in your brain after you do our prophecy quest five times.  Prior to that, you curse its weird nonsensical double-pyramid crap and after the quest, you suddenly realize how beautiful it is that almost every room is 15 steps or less from every other room.
  • I think it was @Vivet who once told me to picture it as a diamond(when I made an offhand ic complaint about Hallifax geography)- and it was surprisingly helpful. In some ways, navigating Serenwilde seemed a lot worse.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I learned to navigate Hallifax by doing all their collegium quests.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • I view it as several circles, going from small to large to small. Each platform have paths leading to the circle below and the circle above. Of course, then the laboratories and the collegium and the Matrix and the generator comes in and messes that picture up.
  • edited October 2014
    So wow, the intro tour. Me and @Niun are doing our best to walk a poor newbie through it right now but I can see why some people leave and don't bother. She left in the middle, and now doesn't know what to do without me giving her a walkthrough. It makes me sad :(

As an extra bit of trivia, it appears that when someone starts again after reaching the gnome king part, when they kill finks in the beginning area, it treats it like they are at the gnome king part, thereby confusing them and being really unhelpful. Man, it's rough. No wonder we lack players.

Retired.
  • Haezon said:

when someone starts again after reaching the gnome king part, when they kill finks in the beginning area, it treats it like they are at the gnome king part
    I don't follow what you are saying here. There isn't a point where players go back to the beginning area; indeed, it shouldn't really be possible now because of the change to PORTALS. The only other way off Smoke Mountain that I know of doesn't trigger for tour newbies.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • edited October 2014
    Ieptix said:
    when someone starts again after reaching the gnome king part, when they kill finks in the beginning area, it treats it like they are at the gnome king part
    I don't follow what you are saying here. There isn't a point where players go back to the beginning area; indeed, it shouldn't really be possible now because of the change to PORTALS. The only other way off Smoke Mountain that I know of doesn't trigger for tour newbies.
    I have a novice here who did, somehow. fter they reached smoke mountain and left, they couldn't return there until they completed the process again. But by that time, the hints system has moved on and stops giving them hints about the part they're doing. If they've forgotten what to do or can't find a record of the first time, and someone helping them doesn't know, what can they do?
    Retired.
This discussion has been closed.