Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Our last two were very, very close. Gullagumkeg straight up said 'It's very close, no don't go there, no closer'.

I fell in love with that keg. Parting is such sweet sorrow.

/caress figurine
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Hallo, haven't posted here in a while! Just a quick question from me: what's regarded as a better tert for a Minstrel, tarot or glamours?
  • Eiylae said:
    Hallo, haven't posted here in a while! Just a quick question from me: what's regarded as a better tert for a Minstrel, tarot or glamours?

Don't forget the new tert, Dramaturgy!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I'd say Tarot. You have a goodly amount of command rejection in different forms in Minstrelry, so aeon seems like it'd be very good for your guild.
  • Morshoth said:
    Eiylae said:
    Hallo, haven't posted here in a while! Just a quick question from me: what's regarded as a better tert for a Minstrel, tarot or glamours?

Don't forget the new tert, Dramaturgy!
    Oh gosh, I didn't even know there was a new tert! I've just had a look at the topic and it looks really fun   :D    I might give it a go! I shall keep tarot in mind too, though, if it's got more synergy with Minstrels.
  • Tarot also gives you empress. Which is really nice.
  • Shedrin said:
    Tarot also gives you empress. Which is really nice.

Tarot also has A LOT more utility than the new tert... catacombs, teacher, amongst others.
  • Catacombs gets a lot of glam, but it's really not that great. Teacher is a unique but minor effect. The real winners for utility in the Tarot lineup are Hermit, Empress and Princess.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I use healer a lot too, especially for bashing. Catacombs is great travel utility.
  • Iytha said:
    Catacombs gets a lot of glam, but it's really not that great. Teacher is a unique but minor effect. The real winners for utility in the Tarot lineup are Hermit, Empress and Princess.
    Whut? Catacombs is awesome! I use it all the time! Also, I've never given Princess a try (another 5 power to add the combat defenses I need to put up) but it does seem pretty useful.
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    If a general non-com manages to kill you with a skill you believe to be bugged, and you go back for revenge and they kill you again?

It's sort of bad taste to issue them. The butthurt, it shines brightly.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    ISSUE VALAR not following acceptable snub protocol including but not limited to attempting to rectify the problem through in-character means, using snub to "have the last word", and basically abusing the mechanic for no reason.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I would rather just have the mechanic be changed, I've literally never said a single word to him before, never even met him (besides the occasional kills here and there).

Should just have to provide a reason for snubbing. When you do that, it gives people pause to think that the reasons are actually going to be read.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    > snub @Eventru for being a poopface.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    I tried that once. He snubbed my nose with a bolt of lightning.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Silvanus said:
    I would rather just have the mechanic be changed, I've literally never said a single word to him before, never even met him (besides the occasional kills here and there).

Should just have to provide a reason for snubbing. When you do that, it gives people pause to think that the reasons are actually going to be read.

This. When there's real cause for it, there is real cause for it. When there's not, it's just silly. Using it to avoid IC discourse or face RP consequences is beyond irritating.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited March 2013

I am confused sometimes why Glom guards take 6 turns to empower if I put up most of all influence buffs when it just takes 5 turns with just charismatic aura, performance, and bardicpresence, and wetfold. :(

I shall test this extensively over the weekend. :(
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Ragniliff wanted to explain this to you a week or so ago, but just happened to miss you. According to her, buffs like charismaticaura, oils etc give a chance to double the ego damage of an influence attack you do. The proc rate that each of them adds is dependant on your charisma, apparently the lower your cha, there's more chance for it to fire, though there are some that have a flat rate, like charismaticaura, but basically, when you are reaching the higher levels of charisma, you can get unlucky and end up feeling like you take longer to influence due to a streak of bad luck.

• edited March 2013
    Announce post 2164.

• Play nice.
  • Llandros said:

Announce post 2164.

Can someone inform me of its contents? At work with no phone client :(
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    We are being nice really really nice. Almost as nice as this fix.
  • I know you are! I just don't want it to turn into a forum brawl - let's just be glad it's sorted and move on.
  • Liok said:
    Announce post 2164.
    Can someone inform me of its contents? At work with no phone client :(
    Quoting from http://www.ironrealms.com/game/news/Lusternia/Announce/2164:

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2164
    Date: 3/27/2013 at 10:00
    To : Everyone
    Subj: Aquachemantics, Wildewood, and Aerochemantics radial effects.

In response to problems with higher-than-intended damage output
    possibilities, I have pre-emptively resolved Report #1117 of the
    Aerochemantics Special Report.

Aquachemantics Fellowship, Wildewood Coppice, and Aerochemantics
    ThinkTank now give a +10% damage buff for radial effects rather than
    +25%. The damage of radial effects also decreases the further out the
    target is from the epicentre - reducing to one half of full damage at a
    full five rooms distant.

Hopefully this will begin to resolve the problems with massive damage
    output, but I will monitor the situation closely and further reviews
    will be made as the Special Report draws to a close, if necessary.

Today,  good karma isn't just something you get from doing quests :)
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Shaddus said:
    Today,  good karma isn't just something you get from doing quests :)
    You also get it from killing enemies on your territory.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    No, somebody who will remain nameless sold a 159k esteem figurine in their shop for 1650. They'll be happy when they get it back.
This discussion has been closed.