Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Phoebus said:
    Siam said:
    I am tempted to take up Tailoring and Enchantment.:(
    Do it! They're my two main trades and I love them very much. Tailoring especially.
    Can I have a tailoring cartel without the skill?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Yep. You can do everything but make items from the cartel, for obvious reasons.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Siam said:
    Phoebus said:
    Siam said:
    I am tempted to take up Tailoring and Enchantment.:(
    Do it! They're my two main trades and I love them very much. Tailoring especially.
    Can I have a tailoring cartel without the skill?
    Yep! You can have any kind of cartel you want regardless of if you have the trade. I own and TM a tattoo cartel, and was TM of a cooking cartel for ages before I took up cooking.
  • I am torn between seeking more Ikon fights, and seeking more Ikons properly.

My desire to catch them all has been awoken, and it will not rest until I have the completestest collection!
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • So, organizing the ball at mount Clarramore seems to end with... not much really. At least now I know that there's no Ikon from that quest.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    No. Combat. Is. So. Boring. [-(
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Not if you spend all your time collecting ikons / curios / bards / scholars / pilgrims... it's soul-consuming.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Yeah, that's just more boring
    Boring... or addictive?

Or both?

Oh god, why can't I stop. :(
  • Xenthos said:
    Boring... or addictive?

Or both?

Oh god, why can't I stop. :(
    http://www.helpforhoarders.co.uk/

Can thank me later ;)
  • Could somebody please explain to me how a quest that releases stacks of 6+ aggro, bleed-crazy zombies on the highways, and at the same time having promotions like the wayfaire and pilgrim achievements, and that force you to travel said highways if you want to participate in them, is in any way a good idea?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    No, I don't think anyone can explain that.
  • You realise you can shield against the zombies, right?
    Stacks of 10+ zombies tickle, and can fire before shield comes up (not often, but it does happen).

Move->Shield, Move->Shield is also not a very efficient way to traverse a highway.
  • Sure it is... I personally elected to kill the ones on Ackleberry myself anyway... Now that... that's a fun way to travel highways!
  • The problem with killing them is that they return too fast. You need to do a quest in order to seal them away again properly, and to do that quest, you better enjoy killing even more Z. Also, actually finding the place they come from can be a bit difficult if you don't know where it is, and actually opening the entrance is itself a miniquest that's difficult to do if you're enemied to Magnagora and Nil, or you know which rift that leads into the gutter properly, assuming that one hasn't been unwoven.

It's complicated.
  • Unless you're trying to quest, and have absolutely zero interest in killing zombies.

Even if you can shield against them, it's still a major PITA. And one that I have absolutely no idea how it adds or improves anything good in Lusternia.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • edited November 2012
    I dunno, gained a level of them so far... seems good to me.... I just work with it kind of like this: -

Oh look, Zombies on the highway, Oh and they attack and block pilgrims, what to do? What to do? Ah, well I need to offer essence so I will do that, oh and they help me gain experience which is great. Oh look and they drop a nice amount of coin. I think I will kill these... Oh look, I can pick up the pilgrims on my way through.

So yeah, even little things that seem pointless, to me can be used to help. Just depends on your outlook I suppose.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited November 2012
    Just dump them into the Blasted Lands instead. It's a poor hunting spot now as it is.
  • It is a very good outlook to have, but it doesn't help. While it is possible for you to defeat the zombies, it isn't possible for everyone else. Pilgrims, bards and scholars are generally thought to be the novice means to gather gold and experience. Something to do when you're just out of Newton and everything but rats hurt painfully so, while still earning you decent coin and karma. These novices have no way to survive the zombies, as their health probably hasn't even broken 1000 yet. And for some class/race combinations, it's going to be quite a while before they'll be able to handle one zombie reliably. To them, the zombies are a lethal obstacle that they can't overcome.
  • Actually, zombies won't attack newbies. Not sure where the level-limit goes, but it's higher than 20 at least.
  • edited November 2012
    Kiradawea said:
    It is a very good outlook to have, but it doesn't help. While it is possible for you to defeat the zombies, it isn't possible for everyone else. Pilgrims, bards and scholars are generally thought to be the novice means to gather gold and experience. Something to do when you're just out of Newton and everything but rats hurt painfully so, while still earning you decent coin and karma. These novices have no way to survive the zombies, as their health probably hasn't even broken 1000 yet. And for some class/race combinations, it's going to be quite a while before they'll be able to handle one zombie reliably. To them, the zombies are a lethal obstacle that they can't overcome.
    You know I am not sure that the only or main way is these, when I was a novice, around level like 25. I spoke to Xenthos and found Shallach, Started on just Braves then worked my way up... that was quite a bit of income right there and more reliable than Bards and Scholars (Which I only knew existed on the mountains at this point, and had not clue of Pilgrims, so really I never had this problem). Plus I later found the centaurs and hordes, which were around 5k per run on them, which took 10 minutes at level 40. Although I attacked a centaur below 40 and died with a bit of laughter. From there I just walked around, yes I died -alot- but over time I found reasonable ways of making money and them ways just increased as I grew stronger. So yeah... I am not sure getting rid of aspects designed at stronger players, is necessary in this situation, because income can always be based upon hunting, not the run around quests... and its generally a better income even at low level, once you done the running around and dying to work out where it all is.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Actually, zombies won't attack newbies. Not sure where the level-limit goes, but it's higher than 20 at least.
    They don't attack me and I am 72.
    I can't log in until my sister gets out of the shower and takes this baby back, but I can't remember for the life of me if I did my daily achievement things yesterday, and it's going to drive me crazy until I can log in and check.
  • edited November 2012
    Pilgrim completions : 0    (Today: 0/3, Streak: 3/5)
    Bard completions    : 0    (Today: 0/3, Streak: 3/5)
    Scholar completions : 0    (Today: 0/3, Streak: 3/5)
    Power completions   : 0    (Today: 0/3, Streak: 3/5)

EDIT: That's Phoebus' achievements, obviously.
    You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.
  • Not to mention a stalker
    >:)
  • I will take you to a library Ssaliss.

• I will take you to a library Ssaliss.
    Ha! You think I would waste my knowledge on the idiocy of those who do not follow my Lord?
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    So, I finally meet Xynthin for the first time and I cannot make a portrait of him as my skill in arts is not enough. :( Alas that I cannot sketch him.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

This discussion has been closed.