Ideas of Wonder

13»

Comments

• edited February 2015
    Saran said:

Riluna said:

How about something that repopulates a room with herbs, without the need for transplantation nor perhaps even being an herbalist yourself? On use maybe it sets all herbs that can grow in the environment to at least five each, for every plant below that threshold that aren't currently in hibernation.

Even if it were restricted to once an hour or something like that, it could save a great deal of tedium, frustration and boredom for your friendly neighborhood herbalists.

That's... very significantly better than the equivalent skill (ecology - herbrenewal) which is five power to grow a single herb in a barren room. Completely wouldn't mind herbrenewal being upgraded to that but yeah, that's a major updgrade.

Wow.... okay. I had no idea that herbrenewal was that bad, only that any Ecologist I ever worked with never thought it a very good solution.

An upgrade to that skill alone would be a huge plus in the spirit of this idea, especially if it's five power for one F-ing plant. Now I understand why ecologists never wanted to work with me. :/

I don't care about the numbers, but some sort of thing here would help. Herbalism is an exercise in masochism and almost made me quit this game once. Spending your time on herbs for four hours a day, seven days a week, is NOT fun for anyone. 

I'm of the opinion that Herbs are by a LONG LONG way the least fun part of this game. When I tried to be an herbalist, and tried to care about their plights, I was spending a minimum of five hours a day, seven days a week, to keep those damned plants populated.

If it was time to harvest or plant, I wasn't doing ANYTHING but harvesting and planting. Especially when there even was other fun to be had from events and such. (/sarcasm. planting/harvesting is never, ever fun).

So I guess, if there are skills meant to address it that are that bad at addressing it, upgrade the skills first, absolutely. Or give us an artifact (my horse is not in that race anymore, anyway. I'm Highmagic now).

But please, @Estarra, if you are paying attention to this thread, please please fix that issue, even if it's just an upgrade to Ecology. I want to PLAY lusternia, not watch myself plant and harvest herbs for 4+ hours every single session.

An exclusive, limited artifact for such an upgrade seemed appropriate to me. Even if only a few people ever buy it, that will make a huge difference for the rest who are still sane enough to put themselves through it.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Amusingly, there is at least one point on record where Serenwilde gods have had to come out and say "Herbs can take care of themselves, we don't need to make rules/laws/mission statements revolving around protecting and saving them" when that's never been the case.
  • Rivius said:

How about this:

2) ShowerOfBlessings - Once a game month you can shower an entire area with water. Great for putting out those nasty lightning fires that have spread a lot.
    I'm not sure pyros would consider this fair.
  • I don't see many of these starting with:

"I would pay $600 dollars for:"

To Estarra I hope there's a few more months recovery permitted before the next release.

Abilities that would make me think twice about passing:
    • Vitality (Athletics)
    • Divinefire (demi power) not enough to buy, but depending on other items, perhaps.
    • The Glamours power of Weave Manse.
    Abilities that might cause other people to think twice:
    ForgePath (Ecology). Probably doesn't need a limit per month.

Some general comments:

Teacher tarot: In practice this could be described as an RP skill. In that it really doesn't get used much by those who have the skill. By the time you're buying wonder wands you should be transed most useful skills.

On (For five minutes once a month, any scries on you will show you to be in a
    random room anywhere in Lusternia. Confuse your enemies! Astound your
    friends!). I like the idea but there are times where you really need to locate someone quickly. Who wouldn't use this in the last five minutes of Chaos?

Enchantments: I don't like to see them used as filler for $600 items. If one or two are tossed in to suit a theme that wouldn't bother me.
  • I would pay $600 dollars for:

Wonder Musicbox
    Theme: influencing, music boxes
    1.     GoldenHorn Enchantment
    2.     Avaricehorn Enchantment
    3.     Campaign for <Crusade|Sanctuary>
    4.     GoldenBox
    5.     Powerful Mind
    6.     Disjunction Enchantment
    7.     AzureBox
    8.     EmeraldBox
    9.     Royal Illusion
    10.     Pauper Illusion
    11.     Halves Ego Burnout
    12.     Psalm of Charity*
    13.     Tango of Seduction*
    14.     Dirge of Weakening*
    15.     Chant of Paranoia*
    16.     March of Empowerment*
    17.     Influence Empathy
    18.     Influence Undead
    19.     Influence Sea Creatures
    20.     Song of Liransha (1x day can only be used by owner)
    A Wonder Watch could add in the timepiece enchantments, double as a cube and have different theme.

* These duplicate Great Runes of x (commonly called influence runes). Admin should decide if this should stack with runes or not (depending on new buff system). Even if not they still have value as most will not have all, the rune can be traded in, or for those who want less inventory. Likewise, the current artifacts (runes, mist) can be given to others to use so have greater utility.
  • edited May 2015
    Look at all the rich people I know! :D

Good thing, at least, that I can work my ass off limits IG so that I can...

...oh wait...
  • The Weapon of Wonder
    This weapon, wielded in two hands, can count as one or many of the implements of destruction used throughout the Basin. As a two-handed weapon, the Weapon of Wonder comes with two enhancement slots, though later upgrades increase those available. The first crystal will form into a Weapon of Wonder which allows activating the weapon's first set of shapes. Each additional crystal will add additional shapes or a special power. You can build the weapon up to 20 crystals. WONDERWEAPON will show you all syntax. Note that crystals can also be traded with other players.

Finally, you can change the name of your weapon once per game day by transforming the weapon if you have enough crystals on your weapon.
    -5 crystals allows a small twist (ex: a Shifting Weapon of Grace)
    -10 crystals allow a medium twist (ex: a Protean Weapon of a Different Paradigm)
    -15 crystals allow a large twist (ex: the Winter-limned Weapon of True Ending)
    -20 crystals allow an epic twist (ex: Agnomenon's Prototype Weapon of Utter Annihilation)

1 While wielded, weapon counts as all warrior weapons (2h axe, 2h sword, 1h sword, 1h hammer, 2h lance.)
    2 While wielded, weapon counts as all monk weapons (nekai, jakari, tahto, shofa)
    3 First extra enhancement slot
    4 */* balance bonus while wielded, 1/13 at 4 crystals, 2/13 at 10 crystals, 3/13 at 16 crystals
    5 While wielded, weapon counts as a shield
    6 While wielded, weapon counts as a maestro-level bard instrument
    7 While wielded, weapon counts as all staff/chemancy/wood implements
    8 Second extra enhancement slot
    9 While wielded, weapon counts as all guardian/wiccan implements
    10 */* equilibrium bonus while wielded, 2/13 at 10 crystals, 3/13 at 16 crystals
    11 Weapon counts as though it has a Great Rune of Shielding attached
    12 1x per month, all hits go through shields for a short period of time
    13 Third extra enhancement slot
    14 Weapon counts as though it has a Great Rune of Gripping attached
    15 Weapon counts as though it has a Great Rune of Superior Enchantment attached
    16 3x per month, Decapitate
    17 When drawn from a sheath, the Weapon produces a unique visual effect
    18 Fourth extra enhancement slot
    19 1/13 universal damage buff
    20 1x per month: name a target. For a short period, you may hit that target as though he or she is in your room.

----

Feed me your disagreement.
  • I'd actually be down for this except for 20.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    If we still had old decap, 20 would be hilarious. Overall, not a bad item. Though it might be better to have it do up a weapon for your current class at rank one.
  • Look, this is the kind of wonder item I wanted. Something that combines a hell lot of pre-existing artifact powers into one neat item so that I don't have to buy a ton of different artifacts on a ton of different items. Bonus points that it facilitates classflexing too!

Balance wise, there are a couple of things in there that might be disagreeable, but at the heart of it, this is the wonder item that would really be true to the original potential of the idea.

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited February 2016
    I would possibly agree to the idea myself, just would not agree with the order of some of the abilities. Having to buy 9 crystals before you can use it as a wiccan/guardian thing sounds a little too much. Same goes for being able to use it as a mage, but those are minor things. Possibly could even mash some of them like having 1 count as warrior/monk weapon and 3 as bard/mage and 5 as wiccan or so. But it's a lot more interesting (and more balanced) then some others. And a neat idea :)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited February 2016
    Too much IMO, but a lot of people could really benefit from a transformational artifact instead.

It's really bloody annoying to have to switch and de-rune/rune every time you skillflex a different spec. Even worse, to customize your weapon(s) you need to design and buy multiple description alterations to have them for every spec. I've wanted to design a weapon for years but since I float specs I never did and thought it was a waste. Why buy a fancy custom when you wouldn't even use it x% of the time?
  • Interesting idea for a weapon of wonder but not sure it'd work. Always interested in new ideas for promotions! I know some people are tired of wonder items (same happened with curios). Ideas for other promotions welcome as well!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    A promotion allowing us to get (via either auction, real money, or questing) toys available through past promotions, like the solstice stockings or the teddy bears.