What's your TA name / All-Star Fantasy Ascension Draft?

DaraiusDaraius ShevatThe juror's taco spot
edited February 2015 in Common Grounds
Fourth place in Beauty is about as close as I'll ever get to being a True Ascendant so I've never really thought about what new name I'd pick if it ever happened. But I'm interested to know if anybody else has their fantasy TA names picked out.

Keep in mind, to fit the pattern, the next three years' TAs need to have a 'y' somewhere in their names. ;)
I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."

Comments

• While Beauty (or perhaps Knowledge) is the only Seal I would want to win, I do not have a named picked out either. There is a 99% chance that should I even get a seal, I wouldn't want TA for the single reason of the name change. I am too attached to the name 'Ayisdra' (it look me like 2 weeks way back in 2007 when I first started to come up with the name I liked). If I was allowed to still keep 'Ayisdra' if I ever would get the chance at TA, I would be more likely to try for it.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Neos
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited February 2015
    Tarkyntin

Mostly so I can still be Tark.
  • Orlellyin
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Probably something like 'Nikyin'. Enyo is the greek goddess of war, Nike is the spirit of victory.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Would female characters still keep the -in? Maybe -an instead?

Either way, I'd be Thalyan or Thalyin.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Yeah, it's harder for me to imagine Daraius changing his name than to imagine him winning Ascension. I'd probably be lame and do something like Darayin (but actually I hate that). 

Ooh, better yet, I'd make sure Master Quettle came to the ascension ceremony and I'd be all "dad what's my real lobo name?"
    I used to make cakes.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Raymond Luxury Yacht.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Ysynian.

Though, @shuyin, since you're here, does this actually make you change the name you use when you log in, 'cause if so I might need to rethink mine.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    (it does, took me a week and a half to not try Sidd first)

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Has to be Pythin. It has all of the traditional components, retains the first letter of my name, and since it sounds like "python" it ties into Apollonian Hallifax imagery.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Tremula said:

As far as elven names go, male ones end in -in, female ones end in -en. I'd have been Maelwen, but eh.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Maybe I should be Onionyin.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Actually I practically already have an Ascendant name. Make it official plz.

Elanorwen said:

Tremula said:

As far as elven names go, male ones end in -in, female ones end in -en.
    Like Legolas and Elrond. :D
  • I was playing around with an idea where TA Winnae could become Magnagora Tigger, or Tigroth.
  • Samaniar because :P
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Not a pun on insatiable? You disappoint me.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shaddus said:

Elanorwen said:

Tremula said:

There's plenty of elven males that have names ending in -in. Just because a couple famous ones don't doesn't really make it a rule. They're more the exception that can be used as proof to the rule. Technically, there's also a fair bunch of male elven names that end in -ir.

For instance, there's:
    Curufin, Duilin, Finarfin, Fingolfin, Imin, Maeglin, Orophin

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Xynthin.  Until it wasn't.  I just could not grow to like that name on my character. :(
    edited February 2015
    Elanorwen said:

Shaddus said:

Elanorwen said:

Tremula said:

There's plenty of elven males that have names ending in -in. Just because a couple famous ones don't doesn't really make it a rule. They're more the exception that can be used as proof to the rule. Technically, there's also a fair bunch of male elven names that end in -ir.

For instance, there's:
    Curufin, Duilin, Finarfin, Fingolfin, Imin, Maeglin, Orophin
    I'm just saying it isn't really a requirement or even a pattern. For instance, neither Curufin's son nor grandson's name ended with ir or in. :/
  • I have brainstormed this. Since Maligorn is a furrikin, I wanted something with at least as many syllables and as lyrical sounding as Kiakoda.

So, Riantotha.

• Prismaryon. Because.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Daraius said:

Yeah, it's harder for me to imagine Daraius changing his name than to imagine him winning Ascension. I'd probably be lame and do something like Darayin (but actually I hate that). 

Ooh, better yet, I'd make sure Master Quettle came to the ascension ceremony and I'd be all "dad what's my real lobo name?"
    Ceremony?

You're standing in front of a node, then the staff explodes, you get to watch a cool cutscene, and Estarra yanks you to a private room and goes "Congratulations! What would you like your new name to be?"

And then you get like a billion truefavours.

There's no ceremony!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Well eff that noise. Guess I'll orchestrate another opportunity for that scenario. 
    I used to make cakes.