What?

Read quote below before reading this rant I decided to take away from Tweets.

What you just said there is a whole bunch of horseshit, Synkarin. Literally the crappiest, most uninformed garbage I've ever heard, meant to provoke and incite. Get fucking real.

Yeah, it must be nice to upgrade when there's only 4 combatants that aren't Celestians to challenge you, while you (not you specifically) set up a giant ass difficult to break TA pyromeld. I'm sorry (not sorry) we don't come running in to our doom just for your entertainment. Oh man, I'm so sorry that not everyone has bixes and is ready to jump up at any time, and I'm so apologetic that some people don't really give a damn about domoths and would rather play their own way. You are one elitist mother to talk down at us like that when you know full and well that it'd just be stupid to jump up. You know full and well you only upgrade when there's no one to challenge you, just like anybody else. And even if we did go up there, the REST of your allies would jump up in the second wave (or during the first assault) and pin us in a deadly situation. You have literally got to be shitting me. I don't know what you're playing at, but all you look like is a classless, arrogant ass. Nobody plays fair in this game, and there's no reason to test that theory out.
Synkarin said:

Man, people should play the
game the way they want to play it. If you want to sit there and raid
when the only defenders are people you beat easily, then more power to
you, but don't be indignant or insulted when people call you out on
that. I've never seen @Taevyn raid like he does during the times
Silvanus called him out on during my prime playing times, yet I see him
in domoths, astral bashes (like the one we interrupted a couple days
ago), raid defenses (like the etherwilde defense against
Celina/Lerad/Illidaen) and he has yet to really pull the same stuff at
that time. I did see him one morning when I skipped out of work and
popped in, but he quit pretty quickly after dying once. Actions are
louder than words, and it's pretty obvious Taevyn likes to pick on
Arcanis (not that I blame him, Arcanis definitely deserves to be picked
on), but at least own up to it. 

It's pretty clear
there's one set of balls in the North Alliance and that belongs to
Kelly, because without Kelly, not very much happens. We joke around
about it a lot. If Celest is blocked from a domoth, we can upgrade with
only 1 or 2 people because Seren/Halli doesn't even bother to check.

Comments

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    I got it all out in that post, actually. Feels good.

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Lol what allies. Send them a tell for me, I want them to login and help us fight more.

Really though, I think you should know that on average we do give things a shot even knowing that we'd probably lose, so it's not like he's lying when he points out that you guys do tend to only pile in when it's a sure win and then quickly disperse if you wipe thoroughly.

There's a reason why the phrase "one and done" came about, you know. It's not some baseless lie. There is truth in it.
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, well, the vast majority don't have the same grit to get slapped in the face by destro, pyromeld (it fucking -hurts-, btw), pits and greywhispers all at the same time without getting demoralized. Idgaf, I'll go in if I have friends backing me up (and a reliable melder, what is a melder in the north besides the one everyone picks on), but this doesn't have anything to do with "balls". I can't do it alone, and some people over here just don't want to try again or try at all, for a variety of reasons that encompasses more than just combat itself or combat balance.

EDIT: But yes, I concede your point that you guys try more risky plays. That's fine. You guys have only been working together for 5+ years and are totally comfortable with that.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    what
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    There are a lot of things I have to say about this kind of attitude and why it bothers me so much. It's really draining and harmful, not to mention obnoxious. Unfortunatly, it's also virulent and endemic, at least in the US.

Just want to emphasize what @Synkarn  said here: "Play any way you want... even if that's the dumbest, weakest way to play. The entire alliance must be lazy, stupid, coward-bullies. But you know, however you want to play is cool, be you!" This is invariably followed by something to the effect of "I don't understand why everyone is being so negative! I was being affirming. If you'd just be positive and actually try hard (read: stop being lazy) you'd go so much further!"

We get it, we're all lazy opportunistic weaklings who just need to grow backbones/thick skin/testicles/insert-body-part-here. At least stop the bolded parts.
    I uh, missed the part where he said that, must be a different thread.
    edited April 2015
    Enyalida is hyperbolizing,

but what she's saying is mostly true. Sidd has a habit of saying things that just don't make sense.

Like telling a homeless person who is mentally ill to "just go get a job, you damn hippie", particularly from his high standpoint as a top tier PKer and one of the TAs of the game.

Kaimanahi said:

Yay a thread about my balls?!

Shaddus said:

what

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Riight..

I guess I'll be more direct after all.

@Maligorn , I'm actually quite surprised your first post didn't get flagged yet. I didn't miss the personal insults in there (including that implied m-f word that you hid so aptly) and I simply don't agree that this is a way to treat people in a game. Ever.

Imho you should delete it. If you read it in a year from now, you'll probably feel ashamed of your own words.
    edited April 2015
    it's probably because we're all adults and don't get offended by rants with cuss words in them.

<:-P

EDIT: But really, I never edit my posts too terribly. You don't just erase what you say IRL, why should it be different here.

All I'm saying is, if Nocht or Yomoigu see this rant, I'm gonna get jailed for quoting the word "balls".
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    @Enyalida really doesn't understand my point nor has she ever really understood it, and apparently @Maligorn doesn't understand it either

Maligorn said:

Yeah, well, the vast majority don't have the same grit to get slapped in the face by destro, pyromeld (it fucking -hurts-, btw), pits and greywhispers all at the same time without getting demoralized. Idgaf, I'll go in if I have friends backing me up (and a reliable melder, what is a melder in the north besides the one everyone picks on), but this doesn't have anything to do with "balls". I can't do it alone, and some people over here just don't want to try again or try at all, for a variety of reasons that encompasses more than just combat itself or combat balance.

EDIT: But yes, I concede your point that you guys try more risky plays. That's fine. You guys have only been working together for 5+ years and are totally comfortable with that.

1) You pretty much rephrased my comment in a more polite tactful manner, but the end result is the same. You guys don't try unless you have someone like Kelly pushing you. When a number of people will jump in when the numbers are overwhelmingly in your favor, but won't even try when it's a close thing, that strikes me as 'not having the balls to compete.' Feel free to think otherwise, but the lack of even checking things out proves that point.

2) Turns out that the reason we work so well together is that we consistently try. We've lost plenty, and sometimes badly (Ascension?). The biggest difference is we don't pity party and exclaim how easy the other side has it and how their skills are sooo much better. We learn to deal with it and overcome it. Who knew that working together forms good teamwork?

3) Why is the self proclaimed casual PKer getting upset that I'm pointing exactly that out? The audacity.

You can sit there and lambast us for being 'too good' 'too effective' whatever, but there's a reason we're here, and it doesn't have to do with OP skills. We haven't had an illuminati regularly fight with us since Shuyin went Tracking to combat pits(Feyda pops in now and then, but not as consistently as she used to) and we still manage wins.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Yeah -- imagine if you did have a reliable and competent Illuminatus with you.

Oh man, you're still misunderstanding the point of me calling myself a "casual PKer". It was half self-deprecation, half you've-set-the-bar-too-high.

Telling everyone to just get on your level isn't going to cut it. Telling people to work together consistently isn't something that's just going to magically happen (and it definitely isn't going to happen with you breathing down our necks, belittling our wins and pointing out our failures).

Nothing you say will convince me that your comment above was meant to be positive or helpful. You were making a nasty, invalid and inciteful dig, and I just expect better from you.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Regardless, for anyone new to the game coming to the forums, this is the newest and likely top thread at the moment.

I don't really have a dog in this fight. I fight when I can, grief when I can, raid when I can. If it's obvious I'm not getting a reaction, I'll go do something else. I'm not killing ladies because I like the essence, I do it to draw a response. No response, no killy the npcs.

That all being said, yeah, a group that's been doing this together for years is going to operate on a higher level. Yet another reason why I try to provoke fights. Glom team building on ethereal. For the most part our current crop of fighters are fairly inexperienced, and I think we're starting to get synergy built.
  • Why was my name pulled into the mud here -.- .

Though seriously, if you're attempting to say Taevyn's actions have justified, if not exemplified, meaning behind them, then you're just playing devil's advocate and not actually looking at the full picture. The guy doesnt do what he does out of a righteous cause, he simply does what he can to get some fun out of it, sadly his version of fun tends to be of the most childish sort but eh. Throwing bags of salt (with flame sigils) around earth and nil, hitting demons and running just to bug people, attacking people of the 'enemy' side if they are attempting -any- form of quest or event and if not then debating them just to prove a point (and then jumping on an alt if they have pk cause on him, simply to be able to attack further). I honestly worry what he does to himself if he views himself as having 'lost' in one of these confrontations he does. Part of me wonders if he beats himself up over it (literally), because frankly his actions verge on the psychologically erratic.

Anyway, back to the point at hand, PK in lusternia has never been fair (viewed as anyway), and it'll always rub against the emotional for some players. I've personally never been a fan of a lot of the competitive mechanics in place but that is another story
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I'm not sure it has much to do with tenacity or willingness to compete (I'm not going to say the "b" word again), so much that there aren't many combat leaders on the North side. People tend to stand around at the ready until they are rallied to do something, and in my experience most people are willing to go up against the odds. Sometimes I'll log in during the middle of a domoth claim, see that no one has even talked about it on Anon, and I'll muster some people together on the fly to give it a try. And yet, I happen to think that I am a pretty terrible combat leader, and there are numerous incidents where I've gotten my group wiped solely based on my mistakes in leading. But, that's one of the reasons why I have the most deaths in Lusternia, because I'd rather die and lose 10 times than to not compete at all. Because that's my happy place, and I never want to feel like I can't try or that I can't do something. And that's how the North ended up with a bad but tenacious combat leader!
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Lol, didn't you just call me a lowbie griefer and now you're ranting about someont talking down to you? 
    Celina said:

Lol, didn't you just call me a lowbie griefer and now you're ranting about someont talking down to you? 

One is demonstrably true, one is debatable.

Lol I've walked my entire group into the nexus or avatars, it's not a unique experience.

It helps build camaraderie if anything. Get people to believe that you can do it.
    Maligorn said:

Yeah -- imagine if you did have a reliable and competent Illuminatus with you.

Oh man, you're still misunderstanding the point of me calling myself a "casual PKer". It was half self-deprecation, half you've-set-the-bar-too-high.

Telling everyone to just get on your level isn't going to cut it. Telling people to work together consistently isn't something that's just going to magically happen (and it definitely isn't going to happen with you breathing down our necks, belittling our wins and pointing out our failures).

Nothing you say will convince me that your comment above was meant to be positive or helpful. You were making a nasty, invalid and inciteful dig, and I just expect better from you.

Where did I say I was trying to be positive? My dig is also not invalid. What I don't like is when people make up bullshit excuses to do things like raid when they get easy kills when the same person is around when they won't get easy kills and doesn't have the same behavior.

What I also don't like is someone (read @Maligorn) who gets really mouthy when they have all sorts of buddies, but then won't jump in a fight when it's going to be a close one. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too, if you want to talk trash, then back it up, or I'm going to point out your trashtalking is nothing more than that. 

I'd like to see where I 'belittled' a win. I point out our failures just as much as I point out anyone elses, and I especially point out my own. When you pulled off that funebrae kill on me, I owned up to my failure to have metawake up. When Kelly was ascended I owned up to our sides failures. I give credit where it's due.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    What the fuck, I never talk trash. I -used- to, when I was getting back into the game, but I put my fucking big boy pants on because I didn't want to be like Caerlyr. When have I -ever- avoided a fight that needed me. You're just making things up.

• Maligorn said:

What the fuck, I never talk trash. I -used- to, when I was getting back into the game, but I put my fucking big boy pants on because I didn't want to be like Caerlyr. When have I -ever- avoided a fight that needed me. You're just making things up.

It's not exactly wrong to avoid a fight. You have no obligation. People seem to forget that here. This isnt life, it's (suppose) to be a fun and engaging game. Frankly I play lusternia for the story and lore and dont care much for anything else. Stop feeling forced to have to participate in things.
    edited April 2015
    So you didn't say something along the lines of 'always serpent' when your group of 12 attacked our group of 3 and Shuyin serpented? 

So you didn't say smartass things about absolving with your huge group because Viynain absolved and to paraphrase 'made this absolve possible' the day before? 

Come on man, I've got you dead to rights here.

Oh and avoiding fights? You've said several times you're not interested in fighting anyone with metawake up.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:

So you didn't say something along the lines of 'always serpent' when your group of 12 attacked our group of 3 and Shuyin serpented? 

So you didn't say smartass things about absolving with your huge group because Viynain absolved and to paraphrase 'made this absolve possible' the day before? 

Come on man, I've got you dead to rights here.
    The first comment wasn't meant to be trash talk, in all seriousness. it's just like, "ugh god he serpented again, fuck what do we do any lowmagic around".

The second was p shitty, but it felt good to get ravange.

Maligorn She'vat says, "Forever serpent". - Mysrai raid on Sunday, where you guys came to gank me in a group.

Must be fake.
    edited April 2015
    And that was commenting on the duration of your Serpent, which I did not realize was so long. Sounds p fishy, but I'm not going to justify it beyond that.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Arcanis said:

Maligorn said:

It's not exactly wrong to avoid a fight. You have no obligation. People seem to forget that here. This isnt life, it's (suppose) to be a fun and engaging game. Frankly I play lusternia for the story and lore and dont care much for anything else. Stop feeling forced to have to participate in things.

that tree chopping lore. Must have missed that book.