What?

2»

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited April 2015
    I'm mostly just laughing at this thread, but if someone is jumping onto an alt intentionally to "grief" someone after "griefing" them on another character, you should probably issue and complain, or email support.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited April 2015
    Synkarin said:

Oh and avoiding fights? You've said several times you're not interested in fighting anyone with metawake up.
    Except I've fought in groups with people with metawake up (just for me, is what I usually imagine)?

Also hesitant to practice aurics -> dcc because of the eat earwort and smoke problem, but I have been practicing. I've started to beast spit ibululu with my loralchords for a while. (Mostly, I'm on p5 duty). Things change. You can't, or rather I won't let you, keep holding that in my face anymore. If sleep won't work, that just means I have another gem slot that needs to be deliberated on and then filled (though turq is still a great option for interrupting timed instas).

EDIT: But I will proudly always be, first and foremost, a group fighter. 95% of Lusternia is group combat. I don't really care if I can kill you myself in a fair fight.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Maligorn said:

Synkarin said:

Oh and avoiding fights? You've said several times you're not interested in fighting anyone with metawake up.
    Except I've fought in groups with people with metawake up (just for me, is what I usually imagine)?

Also hesitant to practice aurics -> dcc because of the eat earwort and smoke problem, but I have been practicing. I've started to beast spit ibululu with my loralchords for a while. (Mostly, I'm on p5 duty). Things change. You can't, or rather I won't let you, keep holding that in my face anymore. If sleep won't work, that just means I have another gem slot that needs to be deliberated on and then filled (though turq is still a great option for interrupting timed instas).
    I never said you didn't fight in groups...  I said you don't fight unless you have the numbers behind you, or someone like Kelly pushing you.

The double passive sleep is pretty damn great, even with metawake, so I don't know why you would want to change it.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited April 2015
    Just to enable other possibilities. I have some things with Dramaturgy that need testing, and I've wanted to fiddle around with Glamours but don't have the lessons or cash cash dollah dollah for it.

You're definitely right that I don't really do anything unless pushed into it -- leading sucks. But I'd rally behind Kelly or Vivet any day. I still don't see where you're getting the impression that I don't join in "against all odds" fights.

So.. you pretty much agree with what I initially said, and made a whole new thread to boil down to two words - I agree?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    No. You made a rude ass comment that degraded half the population and I ranted about it loudly enough until you came to clarify -- nobody has "the balls" to lead, and through that clarification, I explained exactly -why- no one wants to lead. So that's about it.

edited April 2015
    I didn't see a single comment about leading until the end there, I saw a whole bunch of comments defending only fighting in big groups where you're guranteed a win.

I take that back, Kelly made a comment about lack of leaders, but all Maligorns comments were complaining about TA pyromelds, illuminati and destruction.

Can't win if you don't try.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    People see what they want to see, I guess.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Celina said:

that tree chopping lore. Must have missed that book.

You can't make a book without chopping some trees.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Qistrel said:

Celina said:

Qistrel wins the thread, game over :) .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Synkarin said:

Can't win if you don't try.
    Fair enough, fair enough.

I try to a reasonable extent,

but I don't feel comfortable asking others to. And I can see why they wouldn't want to, and that is what I've put down in this thread.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    This thread reminds me of this:

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Qistrel said:

Celina said:

I mean, you can always use rice paper or papyrus, neither of which is tree, really. Then write with ink made from coal soot and animal glue, bound in tanned leather stretched over...oh, let's go with stone. The book will be heavy and a little unwieldy, but it'll be tree-free.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    BACK IN MY DAY WE HAD TO KILL MELERIS AT THE NEXUS BEFORE PEOPLE MADE A FORUMS COMPLAINT ABOUT GRIEFING.

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    And we actually killed meleris
  • Celina said:

Arcanis said:

Maligorn said:

What the fuck, I never talk trash. I -used- to, when I was getting back into the game, but I put my fucking big boy pants on because I didn't want to be like Caerlyr. When have I -ever- avoided a fight that needed me. You're just making things up.

It's not exactly wrong to avoid a fight. You have no obligation. People seem to forget that here. This isnt life, it's (suppose) to be a fun and engaging game. Frankly I play lusternia for the story and lore and dont care much for anything else. Stop feeling forced to have to participate in things.

It's right next to "The slaugh and the toad"
  • i remember Narsrim

lord those were the PK days

#tbt

• Luce said:

Qistrel said:

Celina said:

I mean, you can always use rice paper or papyrus, neither of which is tree, really. Then write with ink made from coal soot and animal glue, bound in tanned leather stretched over...oh, let's go with stone. The book will be heavy and a little unwieldy, but it'll be tree-free.
    Actually you can. Paper money is made from cotton, so you don't need trees. PULP needs trees.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: