There are no ``rude'' people in Magnagora! (ok, maybe there are)

Et al:

Magnagoran culture is tiered, exactly like the English aristocracy if the 19th century of the Indian caste system extending well into the latter half of the 20th century (and possibly present day?).  Are you a serf? Then your place is not to command entire armies! Your place is to learn your place.  Are you a Labourer? Well, we might let you serve as a city aide.  Are you a supervisor? I hope you see the pattern.

No, there are no ``rude'' people in Magnagora (ok, maybe there are).  Your job as a magnagoran is to rise to CR5 and CR6 so you can decide for yourself what sort of culture you want in Magnagora, not to whine about it at CR1.  Comprende?
</RANT>

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    How do Mags treat non-Mags, though?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Accurate responses to both of you.

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • @Delphas treats them with the civility and respect they deserve, based on the national affinity.  I cannot answer about the behaviour of others.
    </RANT>
  • Tremula said:

Accurate responses to both of you.
    [Infantile responses laughed at]

Thanks.  How's your ``big boy job'' holding up?
    </RANT>
    edited April 2015
    EDIT: I'm an idiot sometimes and shouldn't be allowed to make comments on the forums when I've had two hours of sleep in a 36+ hour time frame. This doesn't excuse me saying things I did, but I'm admitting I was wrong and taking it back (as much as can be). Delphas is lovely and you all should flower him with flowers (or go to his house and eat all his food [it's supposed to be really good]).

EDIT2: I don't apologise for Latrice, though, and I'm leaving her up.

• Tremula said:

Delphas I love you, but you let certain GR1/CR1 Nihilists traipse about with their nose in the air acting completely out of place, and kinda ignored it when I brought it up. So yeah. Lots of laughing.

For those actions which happen when I'm not around? I'm deeply sorry.  You should also know that @Delphas is not the Heresiarch, nor has he ever held that position.  In fact, I remember some recent news concerning that...

Take it to a manse (and post a log to pastebin!) or pester @Esca about the pitiful behaviour of the Penitents.  This is really the wrong forum.  Your a fucking MARQUESSA; slay them (if CR3-) or complain to @Esca (if CR4+).
    </RANT>
  • edited April 2015
    Delphas said:

Tremula said:

Delphas I love you, but you let certain GR1/CR1 Nihilists traipse about with their nose in the air acting completely out of place, and kinda ignored it when I brought it up. So yeah. Lots of laughing.

For those actions which happen when I'm not around? I'm deeply sorry.  You should also know that @Delphas is not the Heresiarch, nor has he ever held that position.  In fact, I remember some recent news concerning that...

Take it to a manse (and post a log to pastebin!) or pester @Esca about the pitiful behaviour of the Penitents.  This is really the wrong forum.  Your a fucking MARQUESSA; slay them (if CR3-) or complain to @Esca (if CR4+).
    so, obviously, there are no ``rude'' people in Magnagora.

[Edit: Yeah, meant ``you're'', but what's a man to do when deprived of his secretary?]
    </RANT>
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited April 2015
    I think you'll find you meant "you're". :P
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Tremula said:

I'm sorry, but Lavinya has been smacking down Tremula for acting above her station from day one. Remember when you tried to make Lavy's daughter your handmaiden while you were a serf? Remember how many times Lavy has reprimanded Tremula for interrupting a private conversation, or presuming to whisk off with a novice she is instructing, or trying to take over inducting a new guild member while the guild master is right there taking care of it? Remember how only a few days ago I had an official complaint about you invoking authority as Drocilla's order head to reprimand another guild on how they appoint their guild positions and had to remind you to keep your nose out of other guild's business?

Now this is not an ooc complaint about you, I love playing with you and we have lots of RP fun, but you complaining about uppity novices is a serious case of the pot calling the kettle black. You can't complain about the lack of propriety of others, when you're still getting into trouble yourself.

I also firmly believe we need to roleplay our hierarchy gently sometimes. What I mean by that is, while it's valid RP to be an asshole or demanding just because, that's a great way to drive away all our new players who don't yet understand the roleplay. When Lavinya gets on her high horse with new players (you old ones should know by now it's just rp) I usually give many many chances to make ammends for the behaviour, I explain clearly why Lavinya is angry and how they should behave instead. I try not to be all 'bitch you serf, do what I say now', then whine when they get their heckles up and refuse. Instead, I still RP being angry, and firm, and take more the tack 'You must respect those who are above your station...a wise serf is one who heeds instruction...learn when to bend the knee and you will rise far...' that sort of thing.

...I need coffee. I may have begun rambling.

I wanted to defend certain things, but that's something that needs to be solved in a different place.

You're right though, I'll not pretend I'm perfect. I will keep laughing, though, because the original statment is super funny. If memory serves, isn't someone's skull due to become a chamberlain sometime soon?

Tremula said:

I wanted to defend certain things, but that's something that needs to be solved in a different place.

You're right though, I'll not pretend I'm perfect. I will keep laughing, though, because the original statment is super funny. If memory serves, isn't someone's skull due to become a chamberlain sometime soon?

I'm just not sure why you seem to be putting all that blame on Delphas, because he dismissed a complaint of yours (when any complaints about guild members should go to the guild master, so Esca is the one who should be correcting guild members. If he's not, then I guess you can point a finger there.)...when if the incident is the one I think it is, he actually DID, by bringing it to Esca and I as was appropriate.

Daraius said:

Everyone is different, but most refined Magnagorans tend to be civil at least to non-Magnagorans that aren't enemies. Enemies will probably receive greater disdain and rudeness. But then some like Lavinya will still generally be civil unless otherwise provoked.

• edited April 2015
    There are only two Magnagorans I can say I actively dislike, and shouldn't be at all difficult to name them. Sure, there are others here and there that I'm a little less fond of, but I'm a person who thrives on the snobbish elitism. The @Lavinya 's of the world are precious to me, and imo Magnagora needs more of that reserved, refined sass and less of the HUHUR TAINT SMASH mentality that - even with its own numerous benefits - somewhat depreciates the value of the org when it becomes the majority. The two work nicely together, but only when they aren't actively working -against- each other, which seems commonplace with all of these political scandals and explosions going around over the past few months.
    A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tremula said:

I think you mean chamberpot.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Yes, there's rude people in Magnagora.

Yes, there's rude people in other organisations.

To be honest, though, I feel like Magnagora has an RP right to be a little rude.  Like @Lavinya said, however, there are limits to this.  

If you think WE are rude, you need to take a trip to Mhaldor in Achaea.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Lavinya said:

Daraius said:

Everyone is different, but most refined Magnagorans tend to be civil at least to non-Magnagorans that aren't enemies. Enemies will probably receive greater disdain and rudeness. But then some like Lavinya will still generally be civil unless otherwise provoked.
    *cough*Bull*cough*

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Yeah, Evil Org Syndrome is nothing new.

Elanorwen said:

Lavinya said:

Daraius said:

*cough*Bull*cough*
    I said generally, and unless otherwised provoked. No bull there.

Lavinya said:

Elanorwen said:

Lavinya said:

Daraius said:

*cough*Bull*cough*
    I said generally, and unless otherwised provoked. No bull there.
    Because me saying hi was a provocation for namecalling + snub? Good one. ;)

@Ellowyn, you're not aware of what happened that I'm talking about, so I don't see how you can disagree with me.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Speaking of rude people, I found this on Pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/L0eAxbLH
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:

The argument isn't about me being rude or not. The argument is about someone else being rude or not. Pretty sure I've admitted more than once that I am rude at times and have anger management issues. Next!

Elanorwen said:

Shaddus said:

The argument isn't about me being rude or not. The argument is about someone else being rude or not. Pretty sure I've admitted more than once that I am rude at times and have anger management issues. Next!
    No, what you're doing is painting broad strokes with a brush because you had a problem with a single person :)
  • Shaddus said:

I don't remember that at all. I'm amused by it.
    Shaddus said:

Elanorwen said:

Shaddus said:

No, what you're doing is painting broad strokes with a brush because you had a problem with a single person :)
    What? I was calling @Lavinya out on her comment about how she's oh-so-civil unless provoked. Nothing else.

I've dealt with Lavinya for a long time between various alts. Some she knew, some she didn't. At no time was she ever anything but polite, even if she didn't like me. I can promise you that if she was rude to you the very first time you dealt with her, it was not only an outlier, but there was probably a reason.

Further, you know as well as I do that you've got sort of a brusque nature about you. People either really like you, or they really don't like you, because you're blunt and "in your face". It's not really your fault.
    Generally doesn't mean always everytime. Yes, she was rude to the person she believed was at that very moment defiling a shrine of her Lord. And you didn't just say 'hi', you opened the conversation with something akin to telling me I was stupid for enemying you. Again - there is always the exception (and provocation).

Hold grudge much?

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Obviously Elanorwen, your reputation precedes you.

If I were a betting man, I would bet more people's reaction to meeting you is closer to the same reaction one gets when they meet Munsia for the first time compared to when one meets Kelly.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Man, they're both different people and they've both come far. Even you admitted something similar about yourself Silvanus.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I know, I'm also not surprised when people respond negatively to me, I am abrasive. First reactions are almost always wrong, so I do not care, I know my reputation precedes me and I try to be self-aware.

I'm not going to continue to call out someone's first opinion of me real life years after it happened and bring it up as often as this has. This is multiple times where the same thing has popped up on these forums over some incident that happened over two years ago, I'm sure a quick forum search can prove that.

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.