Warrior Combat version 2

13»

Comments

• For ailments I'm thinking:
    • DamagedThroat - Unable to drink (blunt head)
    • CrushedChest - Increased Bruising (blunt torso)
    • BurstOrgans - Timed Instakill, death after 12 sec (blunt gut)
    • BrokenArm - Same as before (blunt arm)
    • BrokenLeg - Same as before (blunt leg)
    • DamagedThroat - Unable to drink (cut chest)
    • PiercedHeart - Timed Instakill, death after 12 sec (cut heart)
    • Disembowel - Increased Bleeding (cut gut)
    • MutilatedArm - Cannot attack parry, same effects rolled into one (cut arm)
    • MutilatedLeg - Cannot run/stance, same effects rolled into one (cut leg)

Note that Cavalier should do blunt and cut, so it's not just 1 blunt spec and 4 cut specs (and more specs could appear in the future that use blunt). Also, impale should definitely not be listed as an ailment cured by ice if it's cured by writhe (all these physical ailments listed should be ice cures). Impale would be one of those exceptions as far as ailments go.

• I still think if chest and gut were combined into just torso it would free up a few affs to meet the arbitrary 10 mark.
  • BTW, I think Shuyin did a great job and I don't expect him to start tweaking based on my comments. I'm just pointing out issues I'm having. I'd like to go through and do one more internal proposal and then you guys can pick it apart.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Steingrim said:

I still think if chest and gut were combined into just torso it would free up a few affs to meet the arbitrary 10 mark.
    I actually kind of like the idea of combining chest and gut.  Hm.  It is one less body part to defend, though (slightly better stance/parrying options).
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Hrm, if we do go with that proposal, I think we should consider dropping the timed insta affs. They're not really valued much at all.
  • Xenthos said:
    Steingrim said:

I still think if chest and gut were combined into just torso it would free up a few affs to meet the arbitrary 10 mark.
    I actually kind of like the idea of combining chest and gut.  Hm.  It is one less body part to defend, though (slightly better stance/parrying options).
    One of the new affs is lower parry/stance a few parry points is likely to break anything and parry's effectiveness can be addressed as a whole.
  • I agree with Rivius. With only 10 affliction spots, move all the instas into executed commands in the warrior specs based off requirements, like Shuyin did. So that the afflictions can actually help build toward those kill strategies, instead of being a placeholder for one.

Timed instas that are tied to being cured as the way to avoid them are useless and un-fun.

• If you want to replace timed instants, suggest alternatives!
  • Lerad said:
    I agree with Rivius. With only 10 affliction spots, move all the instas into executed commands in the warrior specs based off requirements, like Shuyin did. So that the afflictions can actually help build toward those kill strategies, instead of being a placeholder for one.

Timed instas that are tied to being cured as the way to avoid them are useless and un-fun.
    Given the new built in command/movement denial, that may be tricky to balance.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited May 2015
    Could probably keep severspine and collapselung, and add an anti-smoke effect to crushedchest. Why is damagedthroat cutting on chest, by the way?
  • No anti-smoke on physical outer, we purposely designed afflicts so each category gives one specific lock affliction:
    • Physical External - can't dirnk
    • Physical Internal - can't smoke
    • Mental - can't eat
    • Spiritual - can't apply
    (I suppose it would be fine for a warrior to give anti-smoke as a skill but it's Asthma which would be hard to justify RP wise as coming from a weapon swing unless maybe the asthma name was changed. However, they could give through poisons!)

• Estarra said:
    (I suppose it would be fine for a warrior to give anti-smoke as a skill but it's Asthma which would be hard to justify RP wise as coming from a weapon swing unless maybe the asthma name was changed. However, they could give through poisons!)
    DamagedLung?

I think that works for both weapon hits, poison and most other asthma skills.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Rename Asthma to Empysema? That's lung damage from all sorts of different causes that affects your ability to breathe. Or is that too obscure a name? (I know quite a few who have it from various causes.)

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Hey, wind someone hard enough and they will wheeze like an asthmatic!

• How about collapsed lung, it's applicable through both physical trauma and internal sickness?
  • I have a question:

As far as warrior bashing is concerned - though I think it also applies to combat - will the random "you miss" RNG thing be removed with this warrior overhaul? I don't mean the acrobatics dodge or anything.. just the random miss you get for using warrior weapons. I don't think any other class has this - except maybe monks?
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Monks has it too.

It is annoying.

• Discussion has shifted to here. But to give your question the answer, it is more probable than not that we are. It's not set in stone, but it's something we certainly would like to do if the code allows for it.