Defenses Overhual

2»

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    I'm rather curious how people seem to be losing defenses. I know if you check DEF, most systems reset defenses and then re-add them based on the lines that follow. Being that the lines for a bunch of enchantment defenses have changed and I have yet to see an update for the more popular systems come out to include the new lines, I'm going to assume that checking DEF will explode systems, such as M&M to the point where it thinks it needs to raise certain defenses up again. If that is how you're judging this, then you're wrong and not losing defenses. Certain defenses (beauty/kingdom/perfection/mercy) also don't have a line for "defense already up", but simply reraise even though they are already up as well.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Actually I had defenses strangely disappear and not because of that reason, as my Def system has been updated. For example, acquisitio and waterwalk don't disappear while you're idling in your manse, yet I had to put them back up again.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Ditto on waterwalk.
  • I put up waterwalk, yet when I actually got to water a while later it was gone and I had to put it up again.
  • edited May 2015
    @Elanorwen: I added triggers in M&M so it recognises the new enchantment lines. It's not hard to do this. :)

On that note, the line when you rub an enchantment is different when you have it already up vs. you are actually putting it up (perhaps not mercy etc but the rest). So it is possible to notice from rubbing an enchantment whether you just lost said enchantment or not.

The thing is that enchantments (not always all of them) are gone after a while. The only reason I notice is because my autowalk suddenly gets stuck trying to walk over water, while that was no problem before (=waterwalk gone). Or I notice I no longer regenerate h/m/e (=mercy etc gone). Or I bash and no longer scoop up corpses while I did 30 minutes ago just fine (=acquisitio gone).

What I just don't get is why it happens. I've been online for 3 hours and they dropped at some point and I've been online for 5 hours and nothing happened. I hunted and nothing happened, I idled and they poofed. Or vice versa. :/
  • @Tarkenton @Allehnon @Lavinya

If you notice your defs dropping for no good reason, message Ieptix as he said in a previous post. He loaded some logging code to figure it out. :)
  • edited May 2015
    Potentially derpy idea, but would there be any use in a sort of... "lifesight" ability to replace cosmic deathsight?

It would be the other side of deathsight, rather than showing you someone's death it would instead show you how and when someone was resurrected.

It could be nice as your allies would know when you're back up, but by the same note it also lets you know when your enemies have come back during pvp.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    My enchantment defs are still vanishing, and I'm not noticing when it happens. Unzareh noticed it happening to her too.

• Qistrel said:
    My enchantment defs are still vanishing, and I'm not noticing when it happens. Unzareh noticed it happening to her too.
    Yeah, there's no message or anything. Imo best you can do is message him and say when you last had them and when they were gone. I've started to check defs frequently because of that >_<.

• I found a bug and fixed it that might have been the cause of this issue, but I'm not 100% sure it was. Let me know if the problem persists, please.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Haven't had it happen for a while. So, hopefully. :D

• The problem is persisting!
  • I idled in my manse today and I lost deathsight, perfection, and beauty. (I did not have mercy or kingdom to start with.) I haven't idled in my manse with enchantment buffs since the def change and I never noticed my enchantments falling off.
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.
  • I am still trying to figure out the issue here, just loaded up some very thorough logging to track every defence allocation/deallocation in hopes of figuring out exactly what's going on. Please message me in-game as soon as you're able if you notice defs disappearing!
  • Two things:

1) It should be fixed.
    2) Ieptix is an idiot.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Ooo, ooo, details?  Or vague details that don't give away proprietary secrets?  You forgot a " , didn't you? :)
  • I did a thing when I was supposed to be doing a slightly different thing in a section of code that is almost entirely removed from the actual mechanics of the system in question.

I wonder if I can get any more vague...
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I bet it's about the vote weight changes, where if you're in a manse you're not counted as online for vote weight, so when it goes to check it's turning off defenses.