Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• I can't like that enough. 
  • edited August 2014
    Rave to @Chakraja for making the auction a success! You da best, thanks for hosting three hours of fun and milking our allies' purses dry >.> I mean yay for sacrificing the Queen twice in a month wut? I mean....Goodbye @Kelly and @Xena.... <3 We'll miss you..... <.<

Rave to Lady Izzy too for that surprise auction item who was just as surprised to be auctioned! Lol!

(I wanted to rave....but I wanted to quote too and I didn't know if I should put this up here or not...but anyway!!!!) TADA!
    /=================================================================\
    |                      Celestians For Auction                     |
    +-----------------------------------------------------------------+
    |NAME                                                             |
    +=================================================================+
    |Queen Kelly McCloud          WON BY:          Feyr               |
    |Romaan                       WON BY:          Ulkira             |
    |Iytha                        WON BY:          Kialkarkea         |
    |Bandeon                      WON BY:          Meliana            |
    |Faragan                      WON BY:          Daunte             |
    |Meliana                      WON BY:          Kagato             |
    |Telperion                    WON BY:          Vivet              |
    |Mori                         WON BY:          Ulkira             |
    |Tetra                        WON BY:          Iytha & Savea      |
    |Kagato                       WON BY:          Kelly              |
    |Saoirse                      WON BY:          Andala             |
    |Acanthyran & Acanthyra       WON BY:          Ulkira             |
    |Xena                         WON BY:          Niina              |
    |Savea                        WON BY:          Avurekhos          |
    |Volucer, Lady @Isune's falcon WON BY:          Saoirse            |

Sao <3 Pandy
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    He has been engaged to be married to Kilauea for 1025 months.

:)>-
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• edited August 2014
    *************The Culture of the Free Collective of Glomdoring**************

Scholarly Winner:  500
                Literary Winner:  500
         Most Honourable Family:  500
                Largest Library:  300
             Credibility Rating:  300 (+150 Credibility Bonus)
        Third Scholarly Library:  75
               Theatre Activity:  417
                  Theatre Score:  519 (+300 highest score bonus)
              Cultural Activity:  177 (17%)
              Visiting Scholars:  0
                 Visiting Bards:  0
          Cultural Centre Bonus:  1000

CULTURE TOTAL:  4288

Woo! Big rave to @Zilias, @Iorwen, @Belibi (For helping), @Thul and @Hiriako, as well as everyone else who turned out to watch plays, review books and helped in any way they can. Much much thanks everyone! We are awesome!

Also my play won Prestige, so thanks to @Eliron for helping proofread, Belibi for acting in it, @Cyndell for support and the Divine for deciding it was good enough to win.
    Retired.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Don't give them the credit! Theatre wins are determined by math (actions performed by cast, replay minutes, audience actions, etc) so the reason you won is because you successfully got people to watch it. That might sound like I'm trying to burst your bubble, but I'm actually tipping my hat. :)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I thought that was what determined theatre activity?

I'm confused now. Please explain the difference between the two theatre categories and what determines the scoring in each, @Daraius or somebody else who understands the black magic that is the stage.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited August 2014
    I think @Lendren has the most accurate understanding of it. I certainly don't know the formulae or what figures into what score, but my impression is that Theatre Activity rises when any director works on a play, or makes a recording, or anyone watches a recording. Theatre Score is based on the stats of the one play submitted by the MoCA. Interestingly, I don't think you get a Theatre Activity in your culture report if you don't submit a play for a given review cycle, even if there's a lot happening at your stage in that year. 

But I know no admins are watching plays and deciding the winners. Unless they're rigging things.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    It was pretty awesome

I said this before our first go

(The Crux): You say, "We can give it a shot, but we'll likely all die."

And next thing we know, we're actually competing. It was a good fight from start to finish.

So huge rave to the Glommers and Gaudi's that rocked that with me

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Boo at missing what looks to be the first interesting domoth fight in months :(

On a positive note, dat culture score. Raves to everyone in Glomdoring who's been making an effort of late to write/perform/watch and encourage others, it's been really good to see people rallying around something.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Vivet said:
    -That- was a domoth fight.
    On another note, I acquiesce that butterfly may be a bit too much, pretty sure I was getting around 50% kill rate. Though I'm pretty sure I truehealed someone at some point.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.

• Synkarin said:
    Vivet said:
    On another note, I acquiesce that butterfly may be a bit too much, pretty sure I was getting around 50% kill rate. Though I'm pretty sure I truehealed someone at some point.
    I noticed that too, I do not feel competent to comment on combat yet but also it impressed me quite a few one shot butterfly kills including myself in relation to butterflies used. 
    I still don't understand why in standoff scenarios everyone but maybe radders and beckoners aren't shielded already. Whether butterfly is or isn't too strong aside, if you shield up it's a none issue.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    RNGsus was on your side sounds like to me.
  • Karlach said:
    I still don't understand why in standoff scenarios everyone but maybe radders and beckoners aren't shielded already. Whether butterfly is or isn't too strong aside, if you shield up it's a none issue.
    Because we were competing for domoth with limited time window and constant stream of spheres incoming at our location, breaking shields, we killing them, Malarious poking in to pull people out...
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I thought butterfly bypassed shields. Was that not what the previous line of complaints about it was?
  • They bypass shield insofar that once they're cast, putting up a shield afterwards won't stop the effects. If you have a shield up before they're cast, they're stopped.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited August 2014
    Oh, that seems a lot less of a problem than what I understood from that discussion. I'd just shield and  treat it like rad, as being radded into a group is almost certain death in a lot of cases anyway.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Rivius said:
    Oh, that seems a lot less of a problem than what I understood from that discussion. I'd just shield and  treat it like rad, as being radded into a group is almost certain death in a lot of cases anyway.
    While I agree, in a fight, you can't really be shielded for the entire thing and 1 Paradigmatics user can stay 1 room over and just continue using it and you've no way to avoid it. At least for most other ranged attacks outside of forced movement, it won't always be an insta-dead and you can attempt to move out of the abilities range after the first hit. With butterfly, once it hits, it hits and there's nothing you can do about it outside of a few select abilities that not everyone has.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited August 2014
    Except you can summon resist rad  or just get radded another direction, and can tumble/walk/leap/get gusted/get pulled back out of an enemy group, heh.
  • And you can get buffed by butterfly.
    I'm just saying the big damage one probably procs a bit too often

I definitely got a few 3p ones, and 1 10p one, which I'm guessing it was a trueheal because @Elanorwen didn't instantly run to the forums to complain about being maggoted (and we all know she would have). I think all that is needed is a proc adjustment, the rest is fine. Stay shielded and problem solved.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited August 2014
    Synkarin said:
    Vivet said:
    Nope, had me maggoted.

EDIT: Guess the joke's on you. You can ask Maligorn and ummm.... Azula? I think noticed it happening. :P

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Well, my bad then, touche

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Big idea: Let's make butterfly effects all positive. No, I don't have an ulterior motive for suggesting this. I swear.
    :-\"

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited August 2014
    Just make rip do a range of 85%-95% of max health in damage and call it a day, if you ask me. The way it works now seems really fishy and it lands 100%+ health way too often. 

If someone who is undeffed and a maggot can survive it while targets with 10K+ health and nimbus, tatts, kiri, ambermalt, curio, and truefavour are dying to it at max health every time, something is off.

EDIT: Also, I think this discussion should be over unless we're making a butterfly topic elsewhere. Shouldn't have even posted this, I think.
  • edited August 2014
    Vivet said:
    Just make rip do a range of 85%-95% of max health in damage and call it a day, if you ask me. The way it works now seems really fishy and it lands 100%+ health way too often. 

If someone who is undeffed and a maggot can survive it while targets with 10K+ health and nimbus, tatts, kiri, ambermalt, curio, and truefavour are dying to it at max health every time, something is off.

EDIT: Also, I think this discussion should be over unless we're making a butterfly topic elsewhere. Shouldn't have even posted this, I think.
    i'd also prefer if maggot's timer was reduced. How long is it now? Last I recall was 5 minutes.

P.S: What's this ambermalt you speak of? Such a thing does not exist.
    edited August 2014
    Vivet said:
    I'm actually wondering if there's an unintended force multiplier somewhere for this to happen.

It's like how killing a bonded spirit is suppose to do a fixed amount of damage to the target, but seems to get multiplied by the attacker's offensive DMP and ends up nuking the unfortunate victim for more than they can possibly tank.

Will have to test this with someone, because rip shouldn't be an instagib from full HP.

Edit: Just looking over the incident I referred to, killing deepbond deals psychic damage which is boosted by both the attacker's DMP and possibly magic rune.

Will have to test to see if magic runes affect Rip. Frankly if a spell is meant to do a fixed % of maxed health, it needs to be coded that it can't be modified. Same goes for Chem/Wood bombs.

This discussion has been closed.