Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Also, winning the Vengeance game as the Scion... that was just awesome!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Brewmeister dwarf bard....I finally understand what tanky is. Those resistances, oh yes.

• Munsia said:
    Steingrim said:
    Silvanus said:
    Ontop of that, Munsia probably has generated over a million power itself, and, no organization should really have 3 Vernal Ascendents active at one time, you can't hold six domoths to justify spending 4 million power on a 3rd VA.
    There's certainly the point of generating power. Since I've returned I've been more than a bit baffled at the attitude, "We'll raise them and then they'll start doing stuff" that I've seen.
    Munsia does stuff before and after.

I can just do a lot more now, I feel
    Just to be clear. I wasn't including you in that group. Appologies if it seemed that way.
  • Lavinya said:
    Brewmeister dwarf bard....I finally understand what tanky is. Those resistances, oh yes.
    Yeah... I just went Dwarf, and I am reasonably sure that alcohol changed. 
    I swear when it all came out at first I tried it out and it was still dependent on your drunkenness level, not how much alcohol that was consumed. 

Like - Xiel's little page thinger says (I might be misunderstanding. English hard.)

Let's take a dwarf brewmeister Minstrel with a Charm of Clangoru and who is an unabashed alcoholic. If he takes a sip of whiskey, with a supposed alcohol value of 10, his actual drunkenness value may only increase by 5 due to his STAT-tolerance (unabashed alcoholic). If he takes another nine sips, his "Raw Drunkenness" will be 50. However, because he is a dwarf brewmeister with a Charm of Clangoru (which can be considered to affect how well you handle your drink once it has been consumed), he will only have an "Actual Drunkenness" of about 25. Nearly all abilities and effects proc based on "Actual Drunkenness" rather than "Raw Drunkenness", but it is still useful to know the difference.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Ayisdra said:
    You have reached the illustrious level of Demigod.
    You have received 25 Bound Credits!

The favour of Jadice has worn off, gifting you with increased experience.

Finally. After playing for around seven RL years, I have achieved getting demigod.
    Nerf
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I've been playing 8 years and am level 83 :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Ardmore said:

Yeah... I just went Dwarf, and I am reasonably sure that alcohol changed. 

I swear when it all came out at first I tried it out and it was still dependent on your drunkenness level, not how much alcohol that was consumed. 

Like - Xiel's little page thinger says (I might be misunderstanding. English hard.)

Nearly all abilities and effects proc based on "Actual Drunkenness" rather than "Raw Drunkenness", but it is still useful to know the difference.
    It's how Xiel says. Using his language resistance dmp is one of the things that uses Raw Drunkenness. The negative effects use Actual Drunkenness. So a dwarf with no tolerance could have 30 DMP at plastered, whilst one with unabashed alcoholic and a charm could be only slightly flushed at the same DMP. The first dwarf would fumble and fall over more than the second.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Hey does PERFORM SOBER reduce the fumbling too, or just the slurred speech?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I may be mistaken, but I think it does that and may actually also reduce the chance that you suffer from alcohol poisoning.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Perform sober reduces speech only afaik.
  • Shaddus said:
    I may be mistaken, but I think it does that and may actually also reduce the chance that you suffer from alcohol poisoning.
    If it did, you'd be one wicked performer, able to trick even your own metabolism.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • It's a while since I tested but I'm sure it doesn't reduce fumbling (action loss). I think it reduces falling over, slurred speech and possibly vomiting.
  • Reduces only speech slurring, nothing else.
  • Lavinya said:
    *jelly*
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Dys said:
    It's a while since I tested but I'm sure it doesn't reduce fumbling (action loss). I think it reduces falling over, slurred speech and possibly vomiting.
    Pretty sure it reduces vomiting as I've seen people drink up until they start throwing up, perform sober, then drink up some more and they're fine. (Unless they drink too much again) I feel it lowers the alcohol level on STAT, too... though that could be something I'm imagining.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    If only we could conduct empirical tests in Hallifax...
    I used to make cakes.

• HA! combat lessons with @Daj. Then beating up @Avurekhos.

(and getting beaten up in return. :( boo!)

Xeria had a good weave.
    is dead like the dodo
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Daraius said:
    If only we could conduct empirical tests in Hallifax...
    Teeeechnically, the law only says you can't drink in city limits, and pretty much says not to speak over the city or guild aethers....
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    You find a proper lab for this kind if test outside city limits, and Dar will get sloshed for science.
    I used to make cakes.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Daraius said:
    You find a proper lab for this kind if test outside city limits, and Dar will get sloshed for science.
    Couldn't Daraius make the proper lab?  That's what manses are all about, bending the environs to your will!
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Logging in from my phone on the most unreliable connection, and getting instantly slapped in the face with the greatness that is @Mysrai arpees.

Also, deciding to spill all of my saved credits into transing Herbs and slowly replanting all of the things. Yay spontaneity all around!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Raves to @Munsia for YOLO and to @Avurekhos for HIPPOS. THEY'RE EVERYWHERE MAN.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Milo... I just can't.

Seriously one day there will be a deathsight from me dying from laughter IRL

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Raves to everyone that took part in the Celest auction, with how things have been the past couple of days, it was just the thing I needed to improve my mood.

Additional raves to @Isune for dropping in, plus Her own little contribution to the auction.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Kagato said:
    Raves to everyone that took part in the Celest auction, with how things have been the past couple of days, it was just the thing I needed to improve my mood.

Additional raves to @Isune for dropping in, plus Her own little contribution to the auction.
    I really should've bought like 5 Celesties... and then had them hold classes on how you should listen to and protect your melder. Not that it seems to get people anywhere.

On that note... thanks, @Asmodea, you tried and did good. I just needed more bodyguards like you. :)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
This discussion has been closed.