Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    ^ Thats...actually a really great idea. Does fireproof make up for the racial fire weakness?

• Qistrel said:
    ^ Thats...actually a really great idea. Does fireproof make up for the racial fire weakness?
    Well, he's a Pyrochemist. So once he gets big and strong he'll be absorbing fire anyway.

(I think that's how it works?)
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • edited January 2015
    At the moment, I'm trying to get the skill that lets me purge all sorts of afflictions while literally on fire. I get hit for about 900 by the big fire attack of each of the flame hogs, and with my squidgey 2500hp, that's a lot!

I didn't realise there was a courage aspect to being a merian in Gaudiguch >.> Is there a racial discrimination angle that I've missed in my reading?

My rave; @Iari and @Maladaari and @Steingrim are each awesome, awesome people. I just hope I wasn't rude during our discussion!

EDIT: Mostly, I chose merian because they had the same more or less the same stats as a specced dracnari, and the idea of an aquatic person in a fire city was really fun.
    Nah, I don't think there is, not officially, unlike Magnagora.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Serenwilde has both unofficial and official racial intolerance: most will look down on you if you're Viscanti, and will demand you get cleansed. And Illithoid are 100% officially banned.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I feel like we should also hate on Humans, but we sadly don't (yet).
  • Enyalida said:
    I feel like we should also hate on Humans, but we sadly don't (yet).
    Nah, we just can't do that, half the novices step from the portal as humans. We must influence them, to all be Elfen.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    There may be people who don't like certain Hallifax races in Gaudiguch, but there's no real racism allowed.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Ixion said:
    Leolamins said:
    Ixion said:
    Productive day!

Honours:
    #128 He has sided with the Paladins of Old in their Crusade against the Scorpion Cult.
    #129 He completed the lost experiments of Xischonai Xeeth.

Edit: Oops.. another
    #130 He has restored the lost souls of the Mornhai Sanctuary.

Thanks for your patience.... you know who you are!! <3
    Please admin I just want one at the moment.  Can someone please look at the aetherepic.  I'd love to finish it!! (bug 8080 if that helps ;) )
    Woo!
    #131 He aided Slegi Vleemgol in her desperate attempt to escape a grisly death.
    Woo!
    #132 He has sided with the Scorpion Cult in the Crusade of the Paladins of Old.

• Ixion said:
    Ixion said:
    Leolamins said:
    Ixion said:
    Productive day!

Honours:
    #128 He has sided with the Paladins of Old in their Crusade against the Scorpion Cult.
    #129 He completed the lost experiments of Xischonai Xeeth.

Edit: Oops.. another
    #130 He has restored the lost souls of the Mornhai Sanctuary.

Thanks for your patience.... you know who you are!! <3
    Please admin I just want one at the moment.  Can someone please look at the aetherepic.  I'd love to finish it!! (bug 8080 if that helps ;) )
    Woo!
    #131 He aided Slegi Vleemgol in her desperate attempt to escape a grisly death.
    Woo!
    #132 He has sided with the Scorpion Cult in the Crusade of the Paladins of Old.
    beast
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Palici said:

I didn't realise there was a courage aspect to being a merian in Gaudiguch >.> Is there a racial discrimination angle that I've missed in my reading?

I was going to say none, but if any maybe Lucidian? I suspect Lord Yomoigu might want to hit it to see what sound hitting it makes.

For the most part even if something in Gaudiguch elicits some comment, that's usually the extent of things. I love the idea of some merian drinking whine and complaining about weening itself off of water!
    Gaudi is probably the only place where you could bump into an illithoid and a kephera having a drink together...

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Qistrel said:
    Gaudi is probably the only place where you could bump into an illithoid and a kephera having a drink together...
    That's cause they'd be having tea in Hallifax.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Qistrel said:
    That's cause they'd be having tea in Hallifax.
    They'd be in the tea house together...not exactly the same thing.
    When the forests temporarily teamed up against the cities, there was a kepheran Shofangi and an illithoid Nekotai who actually formed a family together. I never did find out if it was done tongue-in-cheek or if they really did just meet and want to get together.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Raves for realtalk with @Shaddus. I totally didn't get emotional and have to walk away for a minute, or anything.

/sniffsniffle
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    #didn'tcryeither
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I feel compelled to typo that changelog... :(
  • Selenity said:
    Darvellan did not quit and is not inactive. That is my rave. ; u ;

My feels about a certain Divine recently too. I did in fact literally hold my cat and cry.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • You people are weird.

This rave is for @Iari, who after all this time has remained the best thing a mean old mum could ask for. She's active, she uses common sense (except when she wants to embarrass me), and she constantly works toward making things better for everyone around her.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    .You always want to fight. :(
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Only because intercaste tension is the best thing ever. And because the Board has usurped the lawful powers of the upper castes, disrupting the natural order of society as ordained by Glorious Eternal People's Chairman Cririk Adom.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
This discussion has been closed.