Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited January 2015
    Finished script adjustments finally. Now just gotta do all the scenery and costumes and arrange rehearsals and finish two long overdue Years In Review and see what the heck is up with the art auction and visit Master Quettle and follow through on about half a dozen chats I've promised people.  :(
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • A rave for the Geomancers and Magnagorans who encouraged, not dismissed, Vents insane ambition to build a train.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Tattoo armor + cloak of shifting hues == Tark never having to purchase or wear clothing ever again
  • Raves for the muffin. The muuuuuuuffin.
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Next time you'll know better than to eat muffins that talk to you.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Next time you'll know better than to eat muffins that talk to you.
    Who am I to deny a delicious looking muffin it's request?

With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • To be fair, a talking muffin is the least crazy thing you could find in Lusternia.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Tarkenton said:
    Tattoo armor + cloak of shifting hues == Tark never having to purchase or wear clothing ever again
    But weather.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Thank goodness for refresh power.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    In spite of feeling totally lost 70% of the time, that astral nonsense was pretty fun.
  • Woo!

#135 He has assisted Rasebal i'Xiia in studying the monstrous gulagoyles.

Surprisingly short, yay Mag denizens.
  • A rave at which ever admin possesed Adushoc zi'Prouep for our library talk. Adushoc is an adorably perfect lucidian.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited January 2015
    Logs. You had me at "library."
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • The library was more where the talk happened than what it was about... However I will clean it up and post it since you asked.
    At the risk of jinxing it, I think I'm on an upswing, and just in time too.
    I used to make cakes.

Well, I do believe that's the first time I've ever been softly reprimanded for being too helpful.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yeah, well. When I was a guide, I'd (gently) tell people to shut up, if they're being misleading or are otherwise wrong and insist on telling newbies on the newbiechannel said wrong things.. but just for being faster on the draw than the guide is lame.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    (it's not a guide's place to reprimand anyone, and a guide had nothing to do with it in this instance, either!)

• I think it was just because there were, like, 11 of us answering at different rates, and the newbie in question was a bit confused.
  • Aerotan said:
    I think it was just because there were, like, 11 of us answering at different rates, and the newbie in question was a bit confused.
    That is correct. Though we definitely love the fact that everyone is so eager to help out a new player with questions, if the question is asked over the newbie channel while one of the guide shells are online, please defer to the guide and allow them first dibs to answer*. During this particular case in question, there were six people in addition to poor Bobbins all answering the exact same questions multiple times. While this certainly reinforced the answer, it also created a whole lot of confusion in the short term.

*Though still feel free to answer should the guide not know or not respond inside of a couple of minutes.
    Yomoigu said:
    Aerotan said:
    I think it was just because there were, like, 11 of us answering at different rates, and the newbie in question was a bit confused.
    That is correct. Though we definitely love the fact that everyone is so eager to help out a new player with questions, if the question is asked over the newbie channel while one of the guide shells are online, please defer to the guide and allow them first dibs to answer*. During this particular case in question, there were six people in addition to poor Bobbins all answering the exact same questions multiple times. While this certainly reinforced the answer, it also created a whole lot of confusion in the short term.

*Though still feel free to answer should the guide not know or not respond inside of a couple of minutes.
    I don't disagree with this in theory, but there's a fine line between "Guide is slow to respond or is looking up answer" and "guide is inattentive". I'd much rather possibly confuse the novice and end up helping them in the end than have a long, pregnant pause where we all sit around twiddling our thumbs wondering if someone will chime in.

TL;DR - being over exuberant is a lot better than waiting for someone else to do it.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Ego    : 8964/10138 

Aww yis.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Stage logs. And a library one is coming. Rejoice, culture people, for we are loved.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Portius said:

Stage logs. And a library one is coming. Rejoice, culture people, for we are loved.

Be still my beating heart. All my dreams are coming true.
    I used to make cakes.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    This is a day or two late, but major thanks to Lerad for getting me started in the right direction for Nekotai combat.
This discussion has been closed.