Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• You can't really blame them for living halfway across the world from you, in a different timezone.

Also, I've dealt with raiders like them too in the past five years (Leolamins, Lothringen, Gero, Thoros, etc would raid Celest at 'American off peak hours' and usually I would be the only defender and those raids still happen (Baelfyre).
                                                                  Sao <3 Pandy
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Neos said:

We really need a lol button for these forums.

Thanks for proving my point. 
    Taevyn said:

To my knowledge, nobody in a long time has dominated to touch throne to kill someone either.....
    And also, I fell that raiding Celestia when generally it's(at times I don't stay up until 4 AM) only Faragan is around, even if it is just one person raiding, is not far off what has been done to Mag.

You issued me for that, I accepted the issue, took the punishment gracefully, bugged it immediately, and you are going to slight me for that? I got punished for it. Accept it and move on. The administration has.

Is not far off from what has been done to Mag? SO a Magnagoran has been raiding Prime, destroying statues, raising new statues and tuning it against citizens of Celest like Inagin did? So, Magnagora has spent 4 hours on Nil killing everything in Celestia multiple times? So, Magnagora has raided Celest during a free hamster event hosted by a Magnagoran god? So Magnagora has killed your Supernals, destroyed your Star, griefed every process of rebuilding the Star for -two- weeks, that by the time you got the Star back up, the protection fell from the Supernals and were killed again?

Maybe, 10-12 years ago, yes. Let's not equate one Baelfyre's raids against the hordes of things that Celest has done to Magnagora and has never taken any flak for it.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Honestly? I kinda agree with @Silvanus. What does raiding Nil when there's no one to defend accomplish, really? You drain a couple power, sure, but in the grand scale, that's not much. Is it for conflict? Then you'd wait until there was someone who actually could put up a fight. While I can get there's an RP aspect to it ("We're the Light, we have to punish the Evil Ones"), sometimes RP have to take a backseat if all it accomplishes is that the other side is miserable.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    When were the Demon Lords and the Necromentate killed?
  • edited March 2015
    Silvanus said:

Neos said:

We really need a lol button for these forums.

Thanks for proving my point. 
    Taevyn said:

To my knowledge, nobody in a long time has dominated to touch throne to kill someone either.....
    And also, I fell that raiding Celestia when generally it's(at times I don't stay up until 4 AM) only Faragan is around, even if it is just one person raiding, is not far off what has been done to Mag.

You issued me for that, I accepted the issue, took the punishment gracefully, bugged it immediately, and you are going to slight me for that? I got punished for it. Accept it and move on. The administration has.

Is not far off from what has been done to Mag? SO a Magnagoran has been raiding Prime, destroying statues, raising new statues and tuning it against citizens of Celest like Inagin did? So, Magnagora has spent 4 hours on Nil killing everything in Celestia multiple times? So, Magnagora has raided Celest during a free hamster event hosted by a Magnagoran god? So Magnagora has killed your Supernals, destroyed your Star, griefed every process of rebuilding the Star for -two- weeks, that by the time you got the Star back up, the protection fell from the Supernals and were killed again?

Maybe, 10-12 years ago, yes. Let's not equate one Baelfyre's raids against the hordes of things that Celest has done to Magnagora and has never taken any flak for it.
    I was referring to the Nil raid, not the whole ordeal. I don't even know/was not here for the most of what you just said. >.>

Also, feel free to try walk in and take down statues in off peak time...nobody is stopping you but you....
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• edited March 2015
    This is a gaaame though.

Nothing is stopping you from going and hitting Celestia. Nuuuuffiiinnnnk.
    It doesn't have to achieve anything. Crusaders gonna crusade! I'm just gonna plaaay!
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Silvanus said:

Is not far off from what has been done to Mag? SO a Magnagoran has been raiding Prime, destroying statues, raising new statues and tuning it against citizens of Celest like Inagin did?
    Has been done in the past 5 years, yes.
    So, Magnagora has spent 4 hours on Nil killing everything in Celestia multiple times?
    I distincly recall raids that spanned from about 1 am to about 6/7 am my time, by Munsia, Thoros, Ixion, Cauthorn and maybe a few others on Glom/Celest god realms and planes, when it was basically just me around, until they came to Celestia and Inagin and others showed up and we were able to kill them.
    So, Magnagora has raided Celest during a free hamster event hosted by a Magnagoran god?
    I wasn't aware that any of you lost xp or something. You died with only a number of your death list and their kill list to show for it on your end, and they lost xp to guards.
     So Magnagora has killed your Supernals, destroyed your Star, griefed every process of rebuilding the Star for -two- weeks, that by the time you got the Star back up, the protection fell from the Supernals and were killed again?
    I wasn't aware that Celest did this all on its own. @Shuyin, he just said you don't exist.

I was there for all the raids by Thoros and others on Eventru's realm on a regular basis whenever he could with no one or barely anyone to defend. So I'd like you to step down off that imaginary high horse and come back to solid ground and reasoning.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    A lot of stuff that happens really-really off-peak flies under the radar of most people playing in the other org too. Who is camping Nil and being unremovable for hours and hours, killing every single thing? I'm pretty sure it's not a Seren, right? No idea.

edited March 2015
    Saoirse said:

You can't really blame them for living halfway across the world from you, in a different timezone.

Also, I've dealt with raiders like them too in the past five years (Leolamins, Lothringen, Gero, Thoros, etc would raid Celest at 'American off peak hours' and usually I would be the only defender and those raids still happen (Baelfyre).
    Again, I accept off peak raids, they happen, I don't worry about it.

I do not accept off peak raids every day for 4 hours straight sometimes. 

This is supposed to be a friendly community. Magnagora has had a lot of unsavory people that took things too far in the past. I do not use the past to justify my actions in the future. You can laugh at my posts, you can laugh at what I have to say, but, it does not deny the fact that there are multiple Magnagorans that feel this way, and to laugh at it or justify it with actions in the past continues to come off as petty and unfriendly.

This community is dying. This game is dying. If you can't accept what I have to say and only consider it a laughing matter, then the community is probably even further dead then I think.

This is how -I- feel. This is how multiple Magnagorans feel. You can take that how you wish, if one of you came to me with this, I would gladly work out the problem with you.

TO be laughed at for attempting to fix it, that's disheartening.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    To be fair, I see @Baelfyre raid at all times of the day, he's most certainly raided when there are ample defenders around to defend and he's typically just by himself. It's kind of a false parallel.

That said, I can't comment much on the recent Mag situation, but Mag definitely had taken a beating (I'd say Serenwilde has as well). 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Well, I'll just echo some of your sentiments from a couple months ago, Silvanus. No one has approached me about it, ICly or OOCly, as the CL. If you think lines have been crossed, we can work it out. I don't think anyone is trying to be toxic about it. Bringing it to forums is really not the place to have it out.

From what I've seen, I don't really think the raiding has been excessive, and on the other hand, yes, Baelfyre constantly raids Celest and probably incites a lot of it (And yeah, I did talk to Marcella about it, and she pretty much dismissed it.). People do get mad about some of the people in Magnagora who may be perceived as annoyances or insulting. The "off-peak" raids that I'm guessing you're talking about are being done primarily by the Pacific-region players, which is their time to play!
  • Have you tried raising a diplomatic solution IC? 
    aaaalllsoooo

Long overdue raves for @Arundei for a variety of reasons :>
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    The forums would be the exact place to bring it up. I've brought it up to both Draylor and Inagin before, maybe not the best solution.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Silvanus said:

Taevyn said:

So like, how would you feel if we threw back all this angst at you and told you to "accept it and move on". Like you keep saying, it's just a little power, accomplishes nothing, and is ultimately pointless. You know how Hallifax would deal with polyhedra and Wind Lords dying? CONFIG LOYALSAYS OFF, sip tea, continue making culture gems.

I remember that not too long ago Magnagora raided Prime Celest during off hours, destroyed a bunch of statues, tainted, killed Meleris, nexus guards, and stayed for about an hour until Xena woke up and summoned a bunch of Tahtetso guards at the Pool and wiped you. This was, I think, a company led by Munsia and Leolamins.

The reason Glomdoring didn't get smacked into the ground is A. you guys probably want them back and B. the reasons for hating them vanished, just like the rest of the playerbase there. You guys continue to let contentious people into your city and support them, e.g. Arcanis, Marcella, Munsia, Leolamins (remember that time he killed AFK-Arien in her manse after admin said it was O.K.-to-AFK? and she lost demigod?) Remeber the constant raids on Valtreth's Realm, the kick-and-runs?

Magnagora isn't some innocent little flower. There are clear-cut reasons why people feel it's okay to grief you. That you choose to not do it back isn't "noble". Everyone expects it to happen. Baelfyre at least has the balls to take on 5 people at a time everytime he steps into Celestia or Nyalia. You should be following his example and supporting him in his raiding.

Glomdoring isn't an innocent flower either. But Morkarion is gone; therefore, there is no one in Glomdoring really left to be annoyed at.

• This happens to every org though. What is not seen are the hundreds of Celestians/Gaudiguchians/Hallifaxians/Serens/Gloms who have felt like they've been griefed, their quests disrupted, or whatever. 

Every org has their glory moments and down moments. I've been there when Seren had all the domoths and the villages and no org could take them from us and I was also there when Mag would raid us and Fain would make blood rain from the sky. I've been there when Glom was like empty and I've also been a Glom when we dominated the basin too. I've been there when Mag was supreme, when Gaudi wasn't a popular org... I've been there when Celest was empty, when I was the only person online in the city for a full day. I've also been griefed and hunted down, as a character on different orgs. It's a cycle and usually it depends on the players who are keen on helping their orgs to get back up. 

However, this is a raves thread so let's try to rave instead. 

Rave to the players who play to have fun. 
                                                                  Sao <3 Pandy
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited March 2015
    Okay, to be perfectly fair, a lot of the flak Mag brought on itself in the past month or so has been entirely its own fault. Besides the meadows, there's the fact that the Warlady tried to declare war on an entire commune when the Council just wanted to return to true neutral. Mag's been asking for it, and Mag is currently getting it.

Yes it sucks that a lot of us aren't the people that deserve it and have to put up with it until everyone's had their jollies, but we're just going to have to put on our collective big children trousers and deal with it. After everything's blown over and all has been said and done, someone - somewhere - is going to do something insanely stupid and start the cycle all over again. Will it be Hallifax this time? Maybe Glomdoring? Who knows, there could be another period of time when the communes reign supreme and Mag and Celest have all their statues destroyed while their Prime, Elemental, and Cosmic planes are completely forested.

EDIT: Raves to Nikkakorra and Crek for reminding me that I have Order things to work on.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • The necromentate and demon lords were kept dead constantly by Celest/Glomdoring/Gaudiguch when I was a novice.

I remember those days *dearly* because they were right when I came out of the portal.

I didn't even join this game to be a combatant. I felt bloody obligated to, and realised 'absolutely no one else in the city can even do anything.'

My character *worshipped and offered to shikari for a while because I felt like I was, like Him, going to have to be a solo predator to kill things alone.* I had a tattoo of Shikari on me for*ever*.
    (also I didn't really get the concept of gods yet and the irony of offering to the god of the org that was beating our asses into the ground.)

Equinox really, really stomped Magnagora constantly. We'd defend Serenwilde, they wouldn't defend us because hoaracle told them not to defend Nil, Hallifax had zero people.

And I'm insinuated to have OOC bitterness influencing my RP to declare war on Glomdoring remembering all the crap they did to us? And we FINALLY have a chance to make them PAY for it?

No. No, that's all IC.
    I'd be shocked if events progress to the point where Elemental planes get forested. 

Also, am I the only one who hates how the entire game is under magical terrain all of the time? I wish that truly neutral places would return to their natural terrain automatically, after some time.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited March 2015
    I would think two people being almost ready to quit the game over the irritating antics, raiding and ganking over the same person would be more a concern than dying that one time when you were deliberately trying to be a pest.

There's a big difference in poking around looking for a fight (I get that, it's cool), and clearing the loyal plane AND going to godrealms, knowing already that no one is coming to defend.

Leolamins made it his mission to learn to fight because Draylor, veyrzhul and Ethelon would do the same thing every night (off-peak for everyone else, evening for us). And then, he decided to go take some of it back looking for a fight, any fight. He sure didn't just raid Celest. He went everywhere and anywhere in the hopes of spurring someone to fight him. Perspective, she be awful different from different positions. (And there was never any waiting until no one was around. That was literally the only time he could play.) I don't think that's the same as some of the other perpetrators I see raiding at those hours.

You want to know why, when we finally did have some people around,we took the opportunity to destroy some Celest statues and taint the area? To kill guards? Because of how much we had been going through it. It was a nice taste of their own medicine.

Also - Baelfyre looks for a fight. He's not even a demi. He'll happily wade into a group of half a dozen and hope for the best. How is that the same as a group of anywhere from 1-6 clearing Nil, Morg, Raez, Fain, Earthlords looking for a 'fight' on a practically every night basis??

I don't even leave my manse during my evenings anymore because I'm not interested in feeding the e-peen of those who do it. My death isn't worth it. It's not fun. You don't want a real fight, you just want to pwn some noobs and feel awesome.

EDIT: That's low about the afk Arien thing - he apologised and gave back the body since it was never intention to strip her of demi. Talk about hyperbole.

Synkarin said:

To be fair, I see @Baelfyre raid at all times of the day, he's most certainly raided when there are ample defenders around to defend and he's typically just by himself. It's kind of a false parallel.

That said, I can't comment much on the recent Mag situation, but Mag definitely had taken a beating (I'd say Serenwilde has as well). 
    This, this is what Magnagora needs to be supporting if you don't want it to die, if you want to feel like you're not being griefed. Baelfyre is seriously someone who needs to be tutored, supported, VA'd, followed into battle, anything. He's the only one -doing- anything about it.

Whoa whoa-

You have some misconstrued ideas here

1) Maybe this was a different Prime Celest raid but I took part in one that occurred while Xena and others were AFKING at the Pool, Meleris wasn't killed, guards weren't killed, we took down statues, made more all while they were afking at the Pool. Xena eventually woke up and brought guards to kill us while we were destroying statues.

2) Arien losing demigod is solely Arien's fault, not Leolamins, There are certainly people from the North that grief people whenever they can. Daebach, for one. 

3) Resorting to 'config loyalsays off' is a stupid comment and shouldn't even be mentioned. Oh, Polyhedrons dying, can't interrupt my tea, -mute-. I think that's a pretty poor response, especially if you're the type of person that jumps in on fights when they're easy.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    FYI, it was only Hoaracle's order that didn't defend Mag back in the day. Serens outside of his order were free to (and I know several did) - Iasmos even left his order because of that.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
    edited March 2015
    Synkarin said:

Whoa whoa-

You have some misconstrued ideas here

1) Maybe this was a different Prime Celest raid but I took part in one that occurred while Xena and others were AFKING at the Pool, Meleris wasn't killed, guards weren't killed, we took down statues, made more all while they were afking at the Pool. Xena eventually woke up and brought guards to kill us while we were destroying statues.

2) Arien losing demigod is solely Arien's fault, not Leolamins, There are certainly people from the North that grief people whenever they can. Daebach, for one. 

3) Resorting to 'config loyalsays off' is a stupid comment and shouldn't even be mentioned. Oh, Polyhedrons dying, can't interrupt my tea, -mute-. I think that's a pretty poor response, especially if you're the type of person that jumps in on fights when they're easy.
    Sorry, I meant in off-peak raiding, when you can't really do anything about it.

EDIT: but seriously. It's polyhedra. Hallifax's IC reaction should be "who gives a fuck" unless there's sufficient defending force.

Turnus said:

FYI, it was only Hoaracle's order that didn't defend Mag back in the day. Serens outside of his order were free to (and I know several did) - Iasmos even left his order because of that.

And I made substantial noise about how it was a bad idea, and not the place of the Gods to screw around with mortal politics (in keeping with my RP). I don't remember if I was just a GM then or CL already, I forget.
    My comment still holds - if it's a pretty strict non-com person, then whatever, but if it's someone who is willing to fight when it's easy, but just mutes everything when it's hard, then that's pretty silly and poor. 

Don't get me wrong, I've definitely camped the nexus during long raids before, knowing that if I stepped out, I'd die. But that's a far cry from just turning everything off and pretending nothing's going on.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited March 2015
    Lavinya said:

Leolamins made it his mission to learn to fight because Draylor, veyrzhul and Ethelon would do the same thing every night (off-peak for everyone else, evening for us). And then, he decided to go take some of it back looking for a fight, any fight. He sure didn't just raid Celest. He went everywhere and anywhere in the hopes of spurring someone to fight him. Perspective, she be awful different from different positions. (And there was never any waiting until no one was around. That was literally the only time he could play.) I don't think that's the same as some of the other perpetrators I see raiding at those hours. I would think two people being almost ready to quit the game over the irritating antics, raiding and ganking over the same person would be more a concern than dying that one time when you were deliberately trying to be a pest.

Lavinya said:

There's a big difference in poking around looking for a fight (I get that, it's cool), and clearing the loyal plane AND going to godrealms, knowing already that no one is coming to defend.

Leolamins made it his mission to learn to fight because Draylor, veyrzhul and Ethelon would do the same thing every night (off-peak for everyone else, evening for us). And then, he decided to go take some of it back looking for a fight, any fight. He sure didn't just raid Celest. He went everywhere and anywhere in the hopes of spurring someone to fight him. Perspective, she be awful different from different positions. (And there was never any waiting until no one was around. That was literally the only time he could play.) I don't think that's the same as some of the other perpetrators I see raiding at those hours.

You want to know why, when we finally did have some people around,we took the opportunity to destroy some Celest statues and taint the area? To kill guards? Because of how much we had been going through it. It was a nice taste of their own medicine.

Also - Baelfyre looks for a fight. He's not even a demi. He'll happily wade into a group of half a dozen and hope for the best. How is that the same as a group of anywhere from 1-6 clearing Nil, Morg, Raez, Fain, Earthlords looking for a 'fight' on a practically every night basis??

I don't even leave my manse during my evenings anymore because I'm not interested in feeding the e-peen of those who do it. My death isn't worth it. It's not fun. You don't want a real fight, you just want to pwn some noobs and feel awesome.

EDIT: That's low about the afk Arien thing - he apologised and gave back the body since it was never intention to strip her of demi. Talk about hyperbole.

Interesting...I remember a certain friend quitting the game because Leolamins wouldn't stop scrying her and killing her everytime she went out of the city to influence in Eventru's realm or to gather squid in the Inner Sea. (Meliana)

And I also remember him hunting down newbies and how the newbies would complain on CGT and I would scry him and see him stalking them and he would issue me for scrying constantly because he couldn't kill them with me watching his every move.
                                                                  Sao <3 Pandy
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Enyalida said:

Also, am I the only one who hates how the entire game is under magical terrain all of the time? I wish that truly neutral places would return to their natural terrain automatically, after some time.
    You aren't! I'm sure I asked about it on every character I ever played, because I never wrapped my head around it until I actually played a mage. What do you mean it's a reflection of Glomdoring? Wait is there actually water here or...? Wtf is a demense (asked Aeromancer Daraius)? It's confusing!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    edited March 2015
    Whether it's all on Arien or not, that's a significant thing that happened and it happened because Leolamins was looking for easy kills. That is fuel on the funeral pyre for Magnagora.

EDIT: Also you guys killed Daebach in his manse and carefully watched his essence count down instead of informing him or trying to wake him up, snickering about how he was going to lose demi. I am deliberately listing things that are in bad taste to explain why Magnagora is getting this bad rap, because Silvanus is seriously white knighting for Magnagora's poor broken back right now.

Not that I deny that Daebach's done shitty things too.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    And I'm done...
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Draylor, Veyrzhul, and others did that same thing to Mag. Alacardael/Urazial did it to Serenwilde. There's no shortage of people who have ganked lowbie's/midbies (I've certainly done it in my day) I remember when a certain Princess led a whole bunch of illithoid inner worms to kill some Glom newbie/midbie because they were tired of Morkarion ganking them. 

Every side does it, and it always falls back to a circular argument.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
This discussion has been closed.