Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I want to become best friends with this lady. We could make magic.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    If I could think of some justifiable RP reason to simply stop doing the quest, I would. But being so duty bound, there's not really any room for the Serenguard to just say "Screw it" and let her escape.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    All you need is some dreamweaver to play with your emotions and convince you a vision from Wolverine is telling you to let it go

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Heh, that might work, as Ev is scared of the Wolverine right now.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• I want to become best friends with this lady. We could make magic.

I always wanted to be "friends" too, ever since I learned about her. It's not every day Moondancers and Lakedancers get to play together. ^^

Not to mention that it's super BA that Snugglewilde has been keeping somebody buried alive for nearly a century. :D

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    She was very (unhappily) in stasis, forgotten about for generations, until the Wheel of the Goloths came!

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    I -just- had some RP with Fiabelhie Stillriver talking to Avurekhos and trying to convince him to release her so she could tell us about Ackleberry, but he wouldn't budge :(

• Everiine said:

She was very (unhappily) in stasis, forgotten about for generations, until the Wheel of the Goloths came!

IC, sure. But OOC, you basically created her (or at least asked for her). And that's very cool. :)

Heck, please let me know if you ever are going to release her, or do something different with her. That's something I would go Seren again for.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Shuyin said:

Never revolts at a good time for the gaudy squad. :(

It's okay. Eventually, the revolt/flare timers will shift back into going off around 1:00:00 to 2:00:00 GMT. Then there will be much Shudakarinainadi and another swing back will occur.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    This is raves people.

Raves @Enadonella for sheer awesomeness!

Raves @Lillie for some great rp! Please stick around more!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    When I was CL (And some still) I would stand around emoting at her, hoping to get some kind of reaction from a god some day. Never happened :(
  • Everiine said:

Heh, that might work, as Ev is scared of the Wolverine right now.

Hmm, Tylwyth is a dreamweaver. Perhaps he could help(IC he'd view her getting loose as good for Glom as it would distract/weaken Seren, as as a follower of Crow, tricking a Serenguard into releasing her would make sense).

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Let me be clear: we did not create Fiabelhie Stillriver. We asked for a small ritual we could do with "Unblooded" (GR1) people as a "rite of passage" ritual, that we could call on when needed, that only affected us. We even drew up a detailed script for what this ritual could look like, understanding that it may not end up being exactly what we designed (I could post it, if anyone's interested).

Fiabelhie Stillriver and her quest don't resemble any of that in the least. We asked for "at need", we got "mandatory all the time for everyone". We asked for "small", we got "way too long". We asked for something that affected "just us", we got something that creates aggro mobs that attack "everyone". The only thing she and her quest have in common with what we asked for and designed are that they are a quest and there is a "bad person" involved.

As for just releasing her: it doesn't work like that. We'd have to wait and let all of the strands on the Lock decay, which takes at least ten RL days if no one works on it in the meantime. So, she could be released if everyone stops working on it for ten days (and it has happened before), but it would take a while.

And we have tried to do something different with her. Oh, we have tried. No results yet.

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    What Everiine said is pretty much spot on.

I'll add to that by saying I love the concept of her from an RP side, it's just the mandatory nature of quest that makes it awful in addition parts of the quest design are not very good.

We've made suggestions that range down to things as simple as removing some of the RNG and tediousness of the quest, to even just adding karma to the quest (yes the mandatory quest doesn't even give karma).

So yeah, overall it is frustrating to the point where I just give guild credits to people for doing the quest and I've pretty low expectations for change. I would hate to see the concept of a lurking evil we keep trapped away done away with completely. But the implementation is just urgh.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Raves for posting my smoothie recipe here. BLEND AWAY TO YOUR HEART'S CONTENT!
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Finally cleared the zombies out of the road like I promised to do a few days ago, with help from @Crek, @Esca, and @Arcanis. Log of the cool little thing at the end in-between spoilers.

You follow Slaay Arcanis De'Unnero Slaay up to enclosure overlooking mountains of trash. (25831)

Arcanis claps his hands together merrily.

You give the corpse of Overlord Rhulwain d'Lardick to Commander Afmecia n'Rotri.
    Your karma rises in response to your deeds.
    You have gained a new honour!
    Commander Afmecia n'Rotri says, "Well done, soldier."
    20:06:38.57|100%h|99%m|100%e|10p|100%en|79%w Bexkd-
    (+3500 essence)

(Tremula's Crits): Arcanis says, "Okay Trem. GIve rhulwain to Afmecia."

Arcanis nods his head emphatically.

Commander Afmecia n'Rotri says, "Now that we've cut off the head of the snake, we'll power up our machine and make sure this doesn't happen again."

Commander Afmecia n'Rotri opens up a hatch on an iron machine covered in pipes and shoves the corpse of Rhulwain d'Lardick into the machine.

The machine begins to burn with an inky black aura laced with sickly green hues.

The aura around the machine begins to swell until the entire room is awash with dark energy that sends a chill down your spine.

You gasp as the energy seizes your mind, sending you reeling with visions of the past.

(Tremula's Crits): You say, "We clear the zombies on the road, and we're done. Yeah?"

Through a hazy green cloud you see Taint erupting from the Stone of Truth in Magnagora, washing over the assembled citizenry.

Through a hazy green cloud you see those immobilized by fear transformed into anguished undead, locked forever in their state of despair.

(Tremula's Crits): Arcanis says, "FINALLY THE PAST."

Through a hazy green cloud you see those who try to fight transformed into hulking zombies, lost to their rage for all eternity.

As your vision begins to clear, you spot Rhulwain d'Lardick standing among the citizens, cackling madly to himself before a piercing pain in your head brings you back to the present.

The energy around the machine begins to fade, though it hums with a raw power that begs for you to link with it.

(Tremula's Crits): Esca says, "What."

You reach out and touch an iron machine covered in pipes.
    As your hands contact the surface of the machine, the necromantic energies funnel into your body and you feel your own power swell.
    20:07:32.30|88%h|86%m|86%e|10p|100%en|79%w Bexkd-

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    You shout, "It's about time you sealed away your less-fortunate citizens affected by the Taint."
    6850h|100%, 7845m|99%, 9421e|91e%, 10p|62, 91w%, 74e%, 1exbk- [Stanza: 7] <58.06m> (-8m, 0.1%, +150e,
     1.5%)

Lisaera, the Silver Goddess has bestowed Her divine truefavour upon you. It will last for 3 months.
    6850h|94%, 7795m|93%, 9776e|94e%, 10p|62, 86w%, 70e%, 1exbk- [Stanza: 7] <58.06m> (-108m, 1.3%,
    +150e, 1.5%)

In other words, it was worth the flak I'm getting.

• Maligorn said:

You shout, "It's about time you sealed away your less-fortunate citizens affected by the Taint."
    6850h|100%, 7845m|99%, 9421e|91e%, 10p|62, 91w%, 74e%, 1exbk- [Stanza: 7] <58.06m> (-8m, 0.1%, +150e,
     1.5%)

Lisaera, the Silver Goddess has bestowed Her divine truefavour upon you. It will last for 3 months.
    6850h|94%, 7795m|93%, 9776e|94e%, 10p|62, 86w%, 70e%, 1exbk- [Stanza: 7] <58.06m> (-108m, 1.3%,
    +150e, 1.5%)

You get favours just for shouting? Wish our pantheon were that giving
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It's payback for all the years of zero favors, basically.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Raving for the buzz of activity within Glomdoring and all the awesome folks involved!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I would just like to come out and thank whoever designed that tattoo of Kethuru. I love it so much. I only wish it could be visible through my robes.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I have that tattoo...with the Seal of Death also taking up the other slot. 

It's so fitting.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    If it's the chest or back one, that would be me. There's a Kethuru, and then an Avechna that sort of goes with it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Arcanis said:

Maligorn said:

1.5%)

+150e, 1.5%)

Eh, just to be clear, it definitely isn't coming without its consequences. @Lisaera might have been amused, but certain Others may have not. Maligorn needs a Munsia-muzzle.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Shaddus said:

If it's the chest or back one, that would be me. There's a Kethuru, and then an Avechna that sort of goes with it.

Then thank you, Shaddus. I don't suppose you made any other soulless tattoos? I don't have the list on my right now to check.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Raves for @eucled, for helping with the replanting after Arcanis' treemurdering....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Portius said:

Shaddus said:

Then thank you, Shaddus. I don't suppose you made any other soulless tattoos? I don't have the list on my right now to check.
    Not especially, but there -is- a Soulless Tarot card for the chest. That's sort of close.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Maligorn said:

Arcanis said:

Maligorn said:

1.5%)

+150e, 1.5%)

Eh, just to be clear, it definitely isn't coming without its consequences. @Lisaera might have been amused, but certain Others may have not. Maligorn needs a Munsia-muzzle.
    Mag is WTB if you put some of the funds forward for it.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    House Shevat will fund it.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
This discussion has been closed.