Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    so tempted to flag that for trolling
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Dys said:
    Time to release Hai'Gloh / Xion Initiative sets.
    Wonder if I could Glom/Seren together to do this again... don't think it harms the new cities in any way, does it?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Dunno, does Soulforge?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Also I have mastered my Drunk-Fu, wooo!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Hai'Gloh turned communes against cities and the Xion initiative turned cities against communes. Basically, everyone promised not to get involved when in reality it was a race to stab each other in the back. Forests were damaged, fey corrupted, Demon Lords and Supernals tortured and most dramatically feelings were hurt and grudges formed that prevented a quick transition back to sanity.

We are only just now repairing the political damage that whole mess caused. Of course we always have the option of not getting involved in events but I understand that such decisions have devastating consequences. 

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Eh. Devastating consequences in the short term can lead to much richer roleplay in the long term (see: Glomdoring and the illithoid). They were pretty clearly attempting to use us, refused to give any information, and the kepherans were no better for the other side. As such our involvement was a "hey, hold on here" and encouraging everyone else to back off too.

Ended up with Crow dead and the forest over-run with bugs and beetles because we weren't playing along as desired, but really... fixing that was, in the end, pretty minor in comparison to what we got. A perpetual loathing for bug-kind and a distaste for the illithoid to boot, and something that little Commune newblets can be indoctrinated with
  • Waystation Collection Complete! Whoo.

...now for Forsaken. And Vernal. Must catch up with Xenthos... that's achievable, right?
  • Morshoth said:
    Dys said:
    Time to release Hai'Gloh / Xion Initiative sets.
    Wonder if I could Glom/Seren together to do this again... don't think it harms the new cities in any way, does it?
    The hai'Gloh Zemordia makes the ethereal overpower the cosmic and elemental planes (Cosmic smobs are sedated or something). The Xion Initiative brings the elemental planes to supremacy over the ethereal (Ethereal smobs are sedated). They are, quite literally, the quest that allows for communes vs cities.
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • edited March 2013
    'sedated'?

Pretty sure they don't respawn while it's up. And additionally, you lose everything that requires the syntax NEXUS on an outer plane - including discretionary powers and guards! You also lose the protection on elemental/ethereal against opposing forces (e.g. you can forest Earth or taint/flood EtherSerenwilde if hai'Gloh/Xion is done respectively).
  • The problem with having Hai'Gloh harm the new cities is that originally it only required killing a Supernal/Demon Lord. If this is still all it requires, then Halli/Gaudi will be hurt by something that doesn't require actually attacking them. On the other hand, if it does require killing a sphere/fleshpot as well, then the forests will be fighting a 4 on 2 battle, because no city is willingly gonna let the forests kill one of their supermobs and turn their cosmic plane into a pollen haven just for the same to happen to the other three cities.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Hai'gloh will never happen. Admin made it so when they made the game 4 cities v 2 communes. Unless the communes just really feel like shootin themselves in the foot.
    Don't forget the most recent round of smob buffing.

Those things sting a wee bit now.
  • Party in Hallifax, whee!
    You examine a lucky charms curio piece of the Leprechaun Pot Curio Set carefully, before carefully touching it to a partial leprechaun pot curio piece of the Leprechaun Pot Curio Set. A brief flash of light reveals that the two pieces have joined together, finally completing a gaudy, shamrock-studded pot.

Xenthos completed a curio!  What a shocker!
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Xenthos said:
    You examine a lucky charms curio piece of the Leprechaun Pot Curio Set carefully, before carefully touching it to a partial leprechaun pot curio piece of the Leprechaun Pot Curio Set. A brief flash of light reveals that the two pieces have joined together, finally completing a gaudy, shamrock-studded pot.

Xenthos completed a curio!  What a shocker!
    We're going to get you the help you need Xenthos, eventually.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I think I may have just rediscovered my mojo. Look out, Lusternia, I have the urge to RP. (Thankyou @Kaalak! <3)

• I know I probably sounded frustrated at dying over and over again.  But thanks Wobou for sparring over and over!
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Themius <3
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    I'm starting to think people are abusing me as a token meatshield for bashing...

• Rave for @Lendren and @Daraius for their guides to doing stuff on the stage.

Also to lots of Hallifax people for being really supportive and encouraging and helpful with answering all the questions I tend to bombard everyone with.
  • Whichever Divine was responsible for this: Marigeya d'Murani exclaims, "Ooh!"
    Marigeya d'Murani curtseys gracefully.
    Marigeya d'Murani says, "Are you Miss Lyria?"

And the wonderful RP and conversation that ensued after, in Lyria's manse no less! I assume Morgfyre is behind it, but just in case I'm wrong, raves to the Divine all around! <3

Mari is one of Morg's NPC's.

Mork finds her annoying and bouncy and makes no excuses for the fact she's about 7 years old.

OOCly I adore the crap out of her. She's brilliant!

• Yeah, she let Lyria know why she was there through the course of the conversation. She is such a fun denizen to have interaction with!
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I would like to rave at Isune and an admin that I can't identify for sure but assume is Isune. Keep being great, and please don't disappoint me with things that I think you might have maybe implied.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Shut down Maxyenka, got a ton of lessons, and got my 70 mill + buffer essence for secondtrade. Whoo. Today wasn't bad.

...now I just have to make it to work tomorrow. *thunkzzz*
  • edited March 2013
    I am totally raving glad regarding Celest's reflex system buying thingy. This is an utterly amazing system that has been put in place and even though Titus does not qualify for it yet (must earn cityfavors!) it will greatly speed up my obtaining m&m. You guys are great.

I would also like to rave at Rayen for being an awesome Grandmistress and the Teacher/Student roleplay we just had when Titus was inducted into the Tahtetso. You're freaking awesome.

Finally I'd like to rave at everyone who posted in my thread 'I need something... else." and helped me learn more about Lusternia and what path to take my character on. You're all just ducky and I love you.

When I grow up I want to be Celina.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Mysrai, Urchin in Ivory intones, "Let this remain in My library and within the library of My City that many might wonder."

Mysrai, Urchin in Ivory intones, "Truly, I am pleased by My Ordained of Ivory."

:D
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I love that people will sit through my ramblings about Mother Night. <3 the Nekotai for engaging me in the discussion. SD RP just makes my day...or Night. Whatever.
  • Celina said:
    I love that people will sit through my ramblings about Mother Night. <3 the Nekotai for engaging me in the discussion. SD RP just makes my day...or Night. Whatever.
    From the stuff I have heard, the stuff you say is quite interesting :)

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • *cough* Morkarion I wonder why really. 
    Morkarion said:
    I'm starting to think people are abusing me as a token meatshield for bashing...

is dead like the dodo
This discussion has been closed.