Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• I didn't get to rave earlier before I had to run, but yay, first Pyrochem-skill kill!

You let your eyes flutter and roll back into your head, your sight becoming one that sees beyond the 
    immediate world and into the manifold layers of reality. Psychedelic visions roil through your 
    mind's eye, bidden and unbidden, swirling tendrils of colour twisting together about the hungering, 
    consuming Pyre of the Ravenous Inferno that burns at the centre of them all. You begin to single out 
    the wildest, most demented of them for sharing.

-time-

A sickly sweet odour builds in the air until it has saturated your surroundings completely, pulling 
    and twisting at the mind as it coats your flesh with a greasy, intoxicating pall of sweat and 
    chemicals. The sound of a distant belch precedes the chaos; the air about you explodes into a sudden 
    conflagration as it quickly catches aflame.
    Kelly's screams fill the air as she is suddenly set on fire by the conflagration, however her 
    screams quickly fall to breathless gasps for viable air. Even that grows quiet, however, as she 
    begins drooling on herself and staring around hungrily.
    As Kelly's soul flutters away from her body, you reach out and grasp ahold of it, its ethereal form 
    suddenly wracked with spasms.
    101 wailing spirits manifest within your aura of death before the captured soul escapes.
    Kelly pounces forward suddenly, her charred flesh cracking and breaking, one of her legs giving way. 
    As she hits the ground, Kelly rolls about gnawing on her fingertips before a terrified look of 
    horror overcomes her features. Gasping for breath in the hypoxic air, Kelly thrashes about violently 
    before finally succumbing to her burns and asphyxiation.
    You have slain Kelly.
    Having been too much for the mortal threads of Kelly, she screams in agony as flames engulf her body 
    and burn it to a crisp.
    Romaan's screams fill the air as he is suddenly set on fire by the conflagration, however his 
    screams quickly fall to breathless gasps for viable air. Even that grows quiet, however, as he 
    begins drooling on himself and staring around hungrily.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    o.O

That's rather... long and quite confusing. Never mind the picture of a drooling Kelly that it evokes. She spot a paladin in tights or somesuch? :D

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Death aura should be able to contain 108 spirits. *sagenod*
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Most of Halli has always been good people, I've noticed, ignoring the obvious person who wasn't. >_>
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I've been all over the place today and just kind of feel like a mess, but it was nice to be around for when it mattered again.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    2013/06/11 03:13:14 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Lavinya's silver tongue and strong opinions have drawn attention and praise to the family.

It's rare I win an ego battle, let alone two! First honour tick for debating, yay! (Now to work out why I wasn't switching mindsets, hrngh)

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Siiiiiiiddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Wrong thread, Siam. Wrong thread.

=((
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Siam said:

• Rave to all those snarky peeps in that certain clan. Thanks for being fun and entertaining :)
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Everyone has made today such a lovely day to come back and enjoy things again <3
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited June 2013
    Shikari's Pack <3

Also welcome back Taci :D

Edit: OH MY GOD SHIKARI <333333

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    What does it do?

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    It kills things.
  • Oh has it been a fun night.  The climb to Demigod seems to be downhill from here (36% to go!).  Gotta give a raves for @Aurik and @Morkarion, both ICly and OOCly.  You cats are pretty dang cool.
  • Mysrai, the Scarlet Goddess initiates you into the mysteries of The Sacrosanct of the Divine Order of Mysrai, the Scarlet Goddess.

Awwwwww yisssssss.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Xenthos said:

It kills things.

My post went in waaaaay late. I meant the Morgy jewel.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:

Xenthos said:

It kills things.

My post went in waaaaay late. I meant the Morgy jewel.

That probably kills things, too.
  • I am enjoying Gaudiguch!
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited June 2013
    The jewel is given during one of the quests which you then wear suspended in your Ouroboros sigil. It gives lovely lovely ambients (like the one in my signature)

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Lavinya said:
    The jewel is given during one of the quests which you then wear suspended in your Ouroboros sigil. It gives lovely lovely ambients (like the one in my signature)
    That one sounds too much like the Asylum thing.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Nocht's Order should get something similar so we get our BAMF ambient. Go Nightcrawlers, go!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Depends, did you actually submit something?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Yeah but wow...never ever thought I'd win anything. I nearly fell out of my chair!!
  • Rivius said:
    ==( Artisanal Winner )==
    Rivius

O.O Is this...some sort of mistake?!
    Congrats. 

This is my first time submitting something - I'm pretty happy with the merit. I actually just started learning to draw/paint a couple of weeks ago, and this was the first thing I had drawn just out of my head without using a reference.

Hopefully future submissions will be better. :)
  • Internet's back.  The storm that was supposed to be crazy looks like it's missing us, giving us just some nice rain and a few rumbles of thunder. I'm sick as a dog today... but that's a good thing (hooray more time to level!).  I only lust .13% xp from last night's dc death.  I swear, dying used to seem like it was terrible.

And to top it all off, a one-two Bardic finish from the tae'dae pair in Glomdoring.  It's gonna be a good day.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited June 2013
    Rivius said:
    ==( Artisanal Winner )==
    Rivius

O.O Is this...some sort of mistake?!
    It's not the most elaborate, but it has a certain dream-like quality to it. The red eyes are especially nice.

Also, you did something that is very distinctly Lusternian. I think it'd be hard to place it some other setting, like most portraits tend towards.
  • Now that was a fun Domoth! Raves for @Chade, @Ilthilior and @Feyda! Extra raves for @Ixion and @Estwald for coming to the rescue when we sorely needed it.

"But paradise is locked and bolted...

We must make a journey around the world

to see if a back door has perhaps been left open."

-Heinrich Von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"

This discussion has been closed.