Gnomes, gnomes everywhere, and not a drop to drink

ShaddusShaddus , the Leper MessiahOutside your window.
Alright, guys. Now that I'm unbanned, I can make one of my usual holiday posts. Tell us what you got from gnomes and Ironbeard, or maybe what you saw someone else get right in front of you!
Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I got a Marilynth doll.

I've more been having fun finding gnomes for other people too; hooray holiday spirit! :)
  • Is that 1 gnome per person thing in play then?

• ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    I'd make a terrible Hufflepuff.

I'm not an excellent finder.

Gnomes, where are you!

• edited December 2012
    What are the gnome lines (drop and in room line)?

I have got a a Luciphage Doll from Ironbeard so far myself.
  • I've gotten beast reagents and Czigany coins from Ironbeard

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    I also got a Luciphage doll (also known as a tradein for 10 dingbats) from Ironbeard, and 13 dingbats from gnomes.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Ayisdra said:
    Ironbread
    Hrm...
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    From Ironbeard I got a crystal ball, from one of the gnomes I got eggfeed

I've heard a couple of people that got things like Astral Boots, Rune of Surging Life, stuff like that.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Ironbeard gave me a fuzzy spider.
    Raeri said:
    Is that 1 gnome per person thing in play then?
    Yep!  Spread the love around!
  • Xenthos said:
    Raeri said:
    It is one gnome per weave, right?
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Rivius said:
    Ironbeard gave me a fuzzy spider.
    They are SOOOO cute.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Someone sharing the love last year was the only way I managed to get a gnome gift. I think it will be the same this year, since I have limited ability to log in until after Christmas. Now to make that drunk guy swing by and dote on me! (Please no coal this year)

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ok, here's my question:

Are gnome presents going off the same algorithms as Ironbeard and Wheel Presents? In other words, are we having to get a lot of cruddy presents before we get some decent ones?

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Ayisdra said:
    Xenthos said:
    Raeri said:
    It is one gnome per weave, right?
    Per game day, wasn't it?
    Shaddus said:
    Ok, here's my question:

Are gnome presents going off the same algorithms as Ironbeard and Wheel Presents? In other words, are we having to get a lot of cruddy presents before we get some decent ones?

Yes, it uses the same present algorithm (mine was a "Standard" present).

Also, the gnome counter resets on the game-day, but Ironbeard resets on the weave; if you've gotten a gnome or an Ironbeard visit during the weave, you won't see him (delivering to you).
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I agree with Xenthos. 

In fact, 1 gnome for every player logged in should spawn every round.

Got credits, 1 coin that turned into 14 dbs and a bunch of curios, and now 442 sparkleberry. Yeehaw.
  • Yes, I'd like to echo that sentiment. It's the holidays, and after the frustration of the monthly quest, give the poor peak hour peeps a break and some free gifts. I'm even feeling uncomfortable competing with them for gnomes, but sooner or later, my selfish side is going to show and I'm going to race for my one gnome per drop anyway.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I would feel better if there were more gnomes as well. Not that it should be insanely easy to get one, but the fun sort of dies when three drops in a row you still can't find one, and everyone is talking about their awesome presents :'(

I'd even take coal right now. Really!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    How many is it per drop? It seems like they all go way too quickly.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited December 2012
    Got my first present of the Solstice season. Wackodoru! AKA 6 bound credits from the trade in value. Here's hoping it's the first of many, and that I can find plenty of extra gnomes to share with other people as well.
  • How often do they drop again? Is it only during peak hours too?
  • Afaik, gnomes are manually dropped by admins - which means that, usually, they're dropped during peak hours when there are admins around.
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • edited December 2012
    It's whenever an admin, but no more often than every couple hours and relative to how 'active' the game is.

If there aren't many being dropped, some of us will usually try to pop in every few hours to get them out.
  • Hrm. It's off-peak time, and granted, I didn't run around very much -- but I've not seen any gnomes. Nor the previous times I saw the line that they were dropped.

How many are there, total, in a drop? And where do they spawn? Am I looking in all the wrong places (highways, roads, non-org/villages)?
  • Where do these things spawn? So frustrating :(
  • They can spawn anywhere on Prime. Even org territory.
  • And then it turns out the zombies were eating the gnomes all along.